• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Miami Dolphins Pre-Season Week 4 Game Thread

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Fins have now also put Laremy Tunsil and Reshad Jones on the trade block to see what the interest may be, at the very least.

Like I said about the previous pair of players the Fins put on the block - It would be a mistake to trade a young talent like Tunsil unless its for multiple high draft picks or an established player.

As for Reshad Jones, I know Flores wants to get younger and faster on defense - so I have no problem with the Fins trying to trade him, like Kiko Alonso - those are guys you can try and get what you can for them at this point in their careers.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And.... now the Dolphins are refuting the trade rumors, at least when it comes to Tunsil. All the trade rumors I have mentioned have been reported by several national and local writers around the league - but I believe the main source is a local writer - I can already figure out two of who it could be. I should have known better than to believe the crap they spew.

Either way, its that time in the pre-season where teams DO start shopping around players as roster deadline approaches.

When and if the Fins do make a trade - I don't think it will involve a young player such as Tunsil, McMillian - that would be foolish in a rebuild - unless, like I said we get multiple high draft picks or established players. As for guys like Alonso and Jones, those guys are the most likely to be traded - and the team should make every effort to move both. IMO, if the team is going to start trading guys - those two HAVE to be who you start with for any other move to make sense.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kenny Still also on the list of players on the block.

The Dolphins are entertaining trade talks with players who are on expiring contracts or a year away from being so. They would be taking on some dead money with these moves - but they would also be creating more cap space.

The team is also attempting to get younger. And, NO, this doesn't mean they are tanking - this means the younger guys have impressed enough to be given bigger roles to the point the team feels they can sacrifice a few vets - if they maneuver things in their favor.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no problem trading older players who won't be around later for assets to build a powerhouse. Teams are kicking tires on every Fin player doesn't mean that they will pull the trigger on a bad deal. Doesn't hurt to listen...

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As Dolphins beat writer for the Miami Herald and The Atlantic tweeted out - The Dolphins have scored 36 points this pre-season in 13 drives led by Rosen vs 15 points in 14 Fitzpatrick-led drives.

If production and this stat is taken into account to settle the QB battle - Rosen should be the guy.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not directly Dolphins related news ... but close -- Andrew Luck being forced into retirement due to lingering injuries at the age of 29.

Incredibly devastating news for him - hopefully there is nothing too severe going on with him and he is able to live a peaceful and productive life after football.

But -- lets not forget the Suck For Luck campaign this dumb ass fan base started to try to get the team to draft him -- He may not have had an injury riddled career , but the injuries he did have were significant.

Its not always the best idea to campaign so much for players - this stuff happens.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dolphins have informed Tunsil that the trade rumors are absolutely false. The team is not even considering any offers for him at this time. This lets me know who the source of the rumor is. I should have known better.

The other names do appear to be on the block - not Tunsil, though.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And now the rumors of Reshad Jones being on the trade block also refutated by him and the team. So there is that.

I will hold on to hope that the Kiko rumors are true, though.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
T.J. McDonald released by the Dolphins

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regarding the QB battle for the Fins - Flores says that he has not made a decision yet - and that there is still a competition to be had in the final pre-season game. Many believe that even when Flores comes to a decision - it will not be revealed until the week of the first regular season game - if not moments before the game.

I like Flores approach with the team - he keeps all team matters within the team - nothing gets out that doesn't need to get out.

As far as the trade rumors that have gotten out, I know we all have certain writers we get our news from that cover the team - BUT, I would caution my fellow Fins fans from reading and making too much out of anything reported by guys like Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald - and Omar Kelly of the Sun-Sentinel - two divas in S.Fla sports reporting. Two guys who have an agenda of their own in covering the team. A lot of the crap they write is meant to be controversial - and inaccurate. They have better connections with certain players on the team over others - and that is often reflected in their reporting of news of these players.

Cameron Wolfe, who covers the Dolphins for ESPN, Adam Beasley who also works for the Miami Herald and The Atlantic -- in addition to Barry Jackson who gets a lot of scoop regarding all the local teams are my best recommendation for more accurate reporting.

I need not mention the national reporters/writers, they are mostly great at what they do.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would only start Rosen if the oline is adequate otherwise let Fitz take the hits until they are...no use ruining Rosen even if he's the better player.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dolphins have released Jordan Mills, which is a surprised to me in the sense that I thought he would be able to fill in at the G position - which the OL has been lacking for a long time. That being said, he obviously hasn't shown enough in camp and pre-season. I just thought they would have a longer leash him given the need. But, they will find someone else.

Additionally, Clive Walford, Akeem Spence and Chase Allen have also been released - per reports, this will save the Dolphins 7.875 in camp space for the season.

Of note, the release of Walford and Mills did come with injury settlements - reports are they are dealing with short-term recovery injuries - so the Fins may bring them back in the end and deal with those injury situations from there.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dolphins have released Jordan Mills, which is a surprised to me in the sense that I thought he would be able to fill in at the G position - which the OL has been lacking for a long time. That being said, he obviously hasn't shown enough in camp and pre-season. I just thought they would have a longer leash him given the need. But, they will find someone else.

Additionally, Clive Walford, Akeem Spence and Chase Allen have also been released - per reports, this will save the Dolphins 7.875 in camp space for the season.

Of note, the release of Walford and Mills did come with injury settlements - reports are they are dealing with short-term recovery injuries - so the Fins may bring them back in the end and deal with those injury situations from there.
Younger cheaper and better should be the motto no use keeping anyone that won't be here in the next few years.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Due to Fitzpatrick not playing tonight - speculation among NFL talking heads is that he will be the week 1 starter. This is not a surprise. Flores hasn't necessarily talked up Fitzpatrick as the starter this pre-season(rightly so considering he hasn't performed at his best), but he certainly hasn't given Rosen a vote of confidence, either - despite having performed better and been more productive than Fitzpatrick.

I will say this, the lone positive, in my opinion - in having Fitzpatrick start is - if he struggles than the Dolphins at least have their immediate future(Rosen) to turn to. Whereas, at this point in his career - as productive as he has been - Fitzpatrick offers little in terms of long-term upside.

Lets enjoy this final pre-season game. We are inching closer to regular season week 1 - May all players around the league make it out of this week healthy.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jake Ruddock getting the start tonight and might play the whole game. Fitzpatrick nursing a minor ijury - Rosen getting the night off - for now

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Studsville and Ogden caling plays for the Dolphins tonight

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2nd and 3rd string OL starting for the Fins tonight - opening up holes in running game and protecting well so far

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mark Walton about to seal his spot on the roster

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2