• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Miami Dolphins @ Pittsburgh Steelers Week 8 Game Thread

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am still in support of Flores, he is a capable , up and coming defensive mind — but anyone that’s has watched the cheatriots over the years knows those teams have never really played defense in the belicheat era . Their best defense has been their offense and the refs. Again , I’m okay with Flores as our HC . But , to think it was a good idea to add anyone else from that defensive staff is just foolish . I think Graham would make a better position coach than DC.

The Fins need to consider such a change there . And , hopefully next season Jim Caldwell can rejoin the offensive staff again . O’Shea needs help on that side of the ball . I have a feeling his go-to for help with the offense is mainly Fitzpatrick — and that’s not good .

Some of the early post game comments Flores is making , I hope one of the mire immediate changes he makes is — taking on a bigger role with the defense and play calling on that side . Injuries /roster changes aside , Graham doesn’t seem to have much of a clue how to get the secondary to play up to the level of the rest of the defense . I know they got a turnover — but they can’t seem to make a stop if they don’t get a turnover .

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFLN is embarrassing— as is ESPN — especially Booger McFarland

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am still in support of Flores, he is a capable , up and coming defensive mind — but anyone that’s has watched the cheatriots over the years knows those teams have never really played defense in the belicheat era . Their best defense has been their offense and the refs. Again , I’m okay with Flores as our HC . But , to think it was a good idea to add anyone else from that defensive staff is just foolish . I think Graham would make a better position coach than DC.

The Fins need to consider such a change there . And , hopefully next season Jim Caldwell can rejoin the offensive staff again . O’Shea needs help on that side of the ball . I have a feeling his go-to for help with the offense is mainly Fitzpatrick — and that’s not good .

Some of the early post game comments Flores is making , I hope one of the mire immediate changes he makes is — taking on a bigger role with the defense and play calling on that side . Injuries /roster changes aside , Graham doesn’t seem to have much of a clue how to get the secondary to play up to the level of the rest of the defense . I know they got a turnover — but they can’t seem to make a stop if they don’t get a turnover .
As a HC you can't allow your coordinators to make foolish mistakes and ruin your game. They showed their inexperience. I'd make Graham come out and explain himself hold people accountable. Flores may be too soft hopefully I'm wrong...

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFLN is embarrassing— as is ESPN — especially Booger McFarland
Sometimes but this time they are correct. All out blitz on 3-20 when you are up 14-3??? What can go wrong.... F me.

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
welp you looked pretty competitive for about 30 minutes...

I love Fitzmagic.

Wish he could be consistent for someone.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say, of all the loses this season, this one was the most demoralizing - not just as a fan but I think for some players as well. I think most of the guys that remain on the team now are guys that are at least trying to buy into the plans for the future - but you could tell these guys are really trying out there in spite of some bone-headed mistakes.

So, I will say it again - this IS NOT a "tank job". Fact of the matter is, there are some players - and coaching decisions that are holding others back.

One stat that I always look at as an indicator of the offensive approach is run/pass ratio.

The Fins had 34 pass plays vs only 19 runs - 5 of those runs were from Fitzpatrick , which is completely unnecessary. We are all well aware of his ability to run , but a lot of the times its a case of him just trying to do too much - always trying to be the hero - only to hurt the team.

I don't mind seeing him run when its a short-yardage situation, when he needs to escape - but there were many times this week and last where he just ran because he felt like it - its resulted in a loss of yardage, putting the rest of the offense in tougher down and distance situations - or turnovers.

Again, I know the hype with him is with him has always been the effort he plays with, but its often a little too much - its not always the smart approach - it can be his and his teams worse enemy.

It is a short week since now we have the Jets on Sunday, which it might help that it is the Jets - but it would be even more beneficial this week if the Dolphins went back to Rosen and made it permanent at this point. It is time to give him a fair shot to show what he can do. As I have said, and will say tirelessly -- Fitzpatrick is just holding back the development of Rosen and the offense as a whole. Fitzpatrick is not providing anything on the field for Rosen to really take as a good learning experience.

Lets see what they do against the Jets

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say, of all the loses this season, this one was the most demoralizing - not just as a fan but I think for some players as well. I think most of the guys that remain on the team now are guys that are at least trying to buy into the plans for the future - but you could tell these guys are really trying out there in spite of some bone-headed mistakes.

So, I will say it again - this IS NOT a "tank job". Fact of the matter is, there are some players - and coaching decisions that are holding others back.

One stat that I always look at as an indicator of the offensive approach is run/pass ratio.

The Fins had 34 pass plays vs only 19 runs - 5 of those runs were from Fitzpatrick , which is completely unnecessary. We are all well aware of his ability to run , but a lot of the times its a case of him just trying to do too much - always trying to be the hero - only to hurt the team.

I don't mind seeing him run when its a short-yardage situation, when he needs to escape - but there were many times this week and last where he just ran because he felt like it - its resulted in a loss of yardage, putting the rest of the offense in tougher down and distance situations - or turnovers.

Again, I know the hype with him is with him has always been the effort he plays with, but its often a little too much - its not always the smart approach - it can be his and his teams worse enemy.

It is a short week since now we have the Jets on Sunday, which it might help that it is the Jets - but it would be even more beneficial this week if the Dolphins went back to Rosen and made it permanent at this point. It is time to give him a fair shot to show what he can do. As I have said, and will say tirelessly -- Fitzpatrick is just holding back the development of Rosen and the offense as a whole. Fitzpatrick is not providing anything on the field for Rosen to really take as a good learning experience.

Lets see what they do against the Jets
Yep run pass ratio is horrible again both coordinators have stunk and don't seem to be learning. It's like they've played too much madden.

Nothing against Fitz I like him but let Rosen play now the oline is a little better now is the time. See if he can improve after sitting for a bit. They aren't winning a bowl anyway.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you guys do realize, your coaches actively tanked that game after half time. THe playcalling shows it.

you can say its not a tank job. THE COACHING DECISIONS ARE A TANK JOB.

The steelers didnt adjust anything, the dolphins did, they were in control, an visibly took themselves out.

if this play isnt tanking, i dont know what is. Its not a questionable play call. Its a calculated move

Dolphins were dominating Steelers ... then one questionable play-call changed everything in another loss
Don’t bother my man. No one else on this board wants to admit it. I’ve been saying all year this is an organizational wide tank job. It is what it is. I’m embracing it. I’m tired of trying to patch holes and live in mediocrity. Hopefully one painful year can set them up for continued success.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don’t bother my man. No one else on this board wants to admit it. I’ve been saying all year this is an organizational wide tank job. It is what it is. I’m embracing it. I’m tired of trying to patch holes and live in mediocrity. Hopefully one painful year can set them up for continued success.
Yeah. I mean it’s blatantly obvious. the ok thing is maybe u found a handful of players. But you realistically need 20-30 new players

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. I mean it’s blatantly obvious. the ok thing is maybe u found a handful of players. But you realistically need 20-30 new players
Oh yeah for sure. Complete overhaul of the roster is coming except for like 25 players.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah for sure. Complete overhaul of the roster is coming except for like 25 players.
it’s truly what’s needed. The cupboard is very bare. What I tried arguing with some of your fans is, even with all your picks, your not gonna find those guys . First rounders are a 50% success rate and it’s downhill every round from there. If by some crazy chance I hit 50% of your picks your still not gonna have what u need.

sure those draft picks r gonna play, but doesn’t mean they r good or would anywhere else. It’s merry they have to.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it’s truly what’s needed. The cupboard is very bare. What I tried arguing with some of your fans is, even with all your picks, your not gonna find those guys . First rounders are a 50% success rate and it’s downhill every round from there. If by some crazy chance I hit 50% of your picks your still not gonna have what u need.

sure those draft picks r gonna play, but doesn’t mean they r good or would anywhere else. It’s merry they have to.

You also have to factor in the inability for the front office to know how/who to draft, There have been numerous bad picks in last 5-7 years that have led to a bare cupboard. They could easily f this up and make it a 3-4 year project.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You also have to factor in the inability for the front office to know how/who to draft, There have been numerous bad picks in last 5-7 years that have led to a bare cupboard. They could easily f this up and make it a 3-4 year project.
Absolutely but don't forget that they also have a shit ton of cash. They will snag quite a few starters there as well. They also have some current players who will stick so to say that they need 30 is ridiculous. They obviously need some more stars which they will find a few in the draft due to sheer amount of picks but young guys like Dieter, Williams, X, Baker, Davis, Gesicki, Taco, Wilkins, etc are young players getting better with experience. I believe that they already have an edge on most of the other shit teams as they don't have the cap and picks Miami does. Look at Cincinnati and Washington are guys like Peterson going to help them in a few years? Even pitt nothing on that team makes me think that they are super bowl bound anytime soon...They need more than the rapist back to contend and Miami has their first next draft.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you guys do realize, your coaches actively tanked that game after half time. THe playcalling shows it.

you can say its not a tank job. THE COACHING DECISIONS ARE A TANK JOB.

The steelers didnt adjust anything, the dolphins did, they were in control, an visibly took themselves out.

if this play isnt tanking, i dont know what is. Its not a questionable play call. Its a calculated move

Dolphins were dominating Steelers ... then one questionable play-call changed everything in another loss
This was definitely on the coaches as the players were giving it out there playing for jobs. But I've seen ridiculous calls like this before just watch tape from gase or philbum. Both coordinators have zero experience Flores buddies from NE. One or both should be fired they think this is madden. Are they being told to blow games possibly as that 2 point conversion play and actual decision against the skins was beyond stupidity. But if so why was Flores so pissed after that review he would have been happy if he wanted to lose? Why are they playing Fitz when we all know he can go off and win a game at any time? Why was X even playing when not 100%? I can go on and on...