• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Miami Dolphins Off-Season Thread

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Devante Parker returning on a new 2- year deal. He still has talent, potential/upside and i am confident the new coaching staff will help bring out the best out of him -- which Gase and his staff simply refused and failed to do.
He either hated Gase and showed him and the world what he could do that one game or he's only here for the money. He's been a major disappointment otherwise will not fight for first downs, let's balls go through his hands, won't play if he's slightly hurt, etc...i hope he just didn't want to play for gase...

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teddy Bridgewater back with the Saints. The Dolphins can now scratch him off their wishlist. And they have. Focus is now on Tyrod Taylor.

Taylor has been a nightmare for the Dolphins over the years -- but I just don't think he is a good fit for this team in any way. I, of course, still don't think we need to make a change at QB as long as Tannehill is around -- But, even if I felt differently, I don't think Taylor isn't the answer is the bridge guy/short term answer for this team.

RG3, Fitzpatrick, Geno Smith, Josh Johnson, Osweiler, Siemian, Mannion, Hogan -- would be the remaining QBs on the market.

I think once Blake Bortles is officially released -- he goes to the top of this list based on potential alone.

That being said, this shows how weak the choices are at QB this free agency period -- more so now with Bridgewater and Foles off the board.

And, with rumors that Murray will be the top pick for the Cardinals -- all the more reason for the Fins to stand pat at QB this off-season as far as trying to make a splash. What the Dolphins need to do is try to restructure the Tannehill deal - draft a QB to groom in the mid-to-late rounds(very doable and more reasonable approach to take) and go from there.
I agree may as well stay with a guy you know and who knows he may stay healthy and surprise. If anything he'd be a great backup moving forward. Definitely draft a QB 2nd round or later take a shot to groom one as you never know may hit jackpot. Build the lines!

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam Wake to the Titans in a 3-year deal.

23-mil dollar deal that includes 10 million in guaranteed money.

We appreciate and thank him for his services on and off the field in his time here -- but that is simply too much money for a 37-year old player. Its not a smart move for the Titans and would've been less so from a Dolphins perspective.

Haters and idiots will say what they will about the team and the moves being made, but the Dolphins are doing the right thing in letting some of these guys go considering the money they are leaving for.

The Fins are rebuilding and need to get under the cap in order to have the flexibility to make moves -- this only helps them.
Love Wake but there's no way you pay that no way. Same with James they need to find younger cheaper players and build it...

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He either hated Gase and showed him and the world what he could do that one game or he's only here for the money. He's been a major disappointment otherwise will not fight for first downs, let's balls go through his hands, won't play if he's slightly hurt, etc...i hope he just didn't want to play for gase...

I don't think its about the money with him. Parker has never shown signs of being a diva -- or the type of player thats all about himself. The reason for him being a disappointment is the injuries -- I think he showed what he could do when healthy and given the chance.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are some details on the Parker deal

Like I said when the move was first made -- the Dolphins found a way to give Parker another shot with this new staff -- while at the same time making the terms of the contract favorable to the team.

Still, there will be clowns who will trash this front office without being able and willing to realize when they are worthy of some praise. Its been a thing for Dolphins fans for ever.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fins lose Brandon Bolden is going back to the Cheatriots but did sign Eric Rowe to a 1-year 3.5 million dollar deal.

This is a good move to help our secondary as far as talent and depth -- it may not be an immediate position of need(right now) but I think its a luxury move of sorts -- it will allow Flores and the Dolphins defense/secondary be more creative and versatile. This move speaks to what Flores said early on when he was hired about wanting to run a multiple defensive scheme.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think its about the money with him. Parker has never shown signs of being a diva -- or the type of player thats all about himself. The reason for him being a disappointment is the injuries -- I think he showed what he could do when healthy and given the chance.
Something was up with him and gase though....this most likely affected his play. We've seen it with other players if you don't do it his way you hit the highway...I hope the new staff brings out the best in him they must like something to keep him around.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fins lose Brandon Bolden is going back to the Cheatriots but did sign Eric Rowe to a 1-year 3.5 million dollar deal.

This is a good move to help our secondary as far as talent and depth -- it may not be an immediate position of need(right now) but I think its a luxury move of sorts -- it will allow Flores and the Dolphins defense/secondary be more creative and versatile. This move speaks to what Flores said early on when he was hired about wanting to run a multiple defensive scheme.
Yeah I don't mind this they need more bodies at DB let them fight for the positions...

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyrod Taylor to the Chargers on a 2-year deal -- so there is that.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As the kids say, I aint even mad.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Free Agency will officially begin soon -- its going to be quite a ride.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As crazy as people are getting about the QB position for the Dolphins - the RB position is becoming an even bigger need now that Bolden is gone - the Fins pretty much only have Drake and Ballage as sure things.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Free Agency officially begins - moves previously announced are now official. More to come in the next few hours and days.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eric Berry released by the Chiefs - any interest here?

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Looks like the Dolphins are still going after Teddy.

The Sitton move is unfortunate but necessary considering circumstances.

The frenzy is in full effect now

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bridgewater to meet with Dolphins tonight

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyrod Taylor to the Chargers on a 2-year deal -- so there is that.
Heard that thank goodness. Maybe Bridgewater will man up and accept the challenge from Miami. I hope he does prove yourself young man!

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As crazy as people are getting about the QB position for the Dolphins - the RB position is becoming an even bigger need now that Bolden is gone - the Fins pretty much only have Drake and Ballage as sure things.
Was surprised to see bolden go he's a nice piece ah well. They can draft another RB later need to give Drake and Ballage more carries next year.