• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Miami Dolphins Off-Season Thread

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By fully put together I meant when the final 53-man roster and practice squad is put together.

I know you and a few others want to decide the teams fate before they take the field - but fact of the matter is, nothing is for certain until the game is decided on the field.

Your name has been written down on the list of folks to give up on the team before the season starts - only to jump back on the bandwagon the moment they start turning it around. Typical Fins fan.
write my name down all you want. an elite qb is necessary for sustained success. To get said QB, you can't win more than 3 games. starting Rosen is the best case because Fitz will sling his way to 6 I'm sure.

Trust me, I will not be jumping on any bandwagon if they start turning it around. I'm fully committed to busting this thing down to the studs and building from scratch. Every win takes them further from that strategy.

#TankforTua

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
write my name down all you want. an elite qb is necessary for sustained success. To get said QB, you can't win more than 3 games. starting Rosen is the best case because Fitz will sling his way to 6 I'm sure.

Trust me, I will not be jumping on any bandwagon if they start turning it around. I'm fully committed to busting this thing down to the studs and building from scratch. Every win takes them further from that strategy.

#TankforTua

You poor soul. Blocked. A reasonable discussion is not possible with you.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You poor soul. Blocked. A reasonable discussion is not possible with you.
We haven't seen elite QB play since 98/99. I'm convinced you've forgotten what it looks like.

And, announcing a block?!?! what are you 12? get over it.

I'm on for the long haul and this rebuild for sustained success. Plenty of room on this train, hop on fellas.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We haven't seen elite QB play since 98/99. I'm convinced you've forgotten what it looks like.

And, announcing a block?!?! what are you 12? get over it.

I'm on for the long haul and this rebuild for sustained success. Plenty of room on this train, hop on fellas.
Eville love ya buddy but a team doesn't have to tank to win a bowl later. For all we know Rosen is the guy. If anything they got rid of a bunch of deadwood and older vets to grow a solid young team together. That's really the key. The other big factor as the patsies have proven is to have solid coaching and a system. Plug and play. Do you see them tanking to upgrade their roster? Of course not because they have a plan that works. Retool every year. Sure Brady helps but it's not all because of him...

I forgot to mention that cheating anyway which way you can helps too haha!

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eville love ya buddy but a team doesn't have to tank to win a bowl later. For all we know Rosen is the guy. If anything they got rid of a bunch of deadwood and older vets to grow a solid young team together. That's really the key. The other big factor as the patsies have proven is to have solid coaching and a system. Plug and play. Do you see them tanking to upgrade their roster? Of course not because they have a plan that works. Retool every year. Sure Brady helps but it's not all because of him...

I forgot to mention that cheating anyway which way you can helps too haha!
Respect your opinion, but the greatest coach and qb in the history of the league affords you a different approach than other teams

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Respect your opinion, but the greatest coach and qb in the history of the league affords you a different approach than other teams
This is true but having Rogers still doesn't guarantee a super bowl either. It doesn't hurt but no guarantee is my point. You need a solid system and good coaching too the Fins haven't had either of late.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone please get Tannehill off the banner.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very sad news about Norton. Horrible to hear when so young hopefully he will be ok.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The news on Norton is horrifying. I had him as one of my emerging picks for the Fins this season.

Hopefully he can get his health straighten out -- if there is a chance he can play football post-injury, that would just be gravy.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The news on Norton is horrifying. I had him as one of my emerging picks for the Fins this season.

Hopefully he can get his health straighten out -- if there is a chance he can play football post-injury, that would just be gravy.
Play football post injury? His arm was amputated. Regaining a normal life is the goal fella.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whole arm?
At the elbow?
Half a forearm?

I have not seen any reports that say the extent or even what happened, just a car accident.

Prayers that it is more a loss of a hand than a total loss of an arm.
Also Praying that he can mentally fight persevere.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, fairly quite on board so I will offer my pre season win/lose prediction. They have bye week on 5th week and tough schedule for first four games; BAL, NE at home, them road at DAL, then back home for SD. So, I'm thinking 1-3, maybe 2-2 prior to break. Don't see many opps for W after break. Maybe WAS and NYJ at home and only possible road win I see is maybe at NYJ or NYG, so 1 of 2 maybe. So I'm thinking it is 3-13 or 4-12, best case is 6-10. Thoughts??

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, fairly quite on board so I will offer my pre season win/lose prediction. They have bye week on 5th week and tough schedule for first four games; BAL, NE at home, them road at DAL, then back home for SD. So, I'm thinking 1-3, maybe 2-2 prior to break. Don't see many opps for W after break. Maybe WAS and NYJ at home and only possible road win I see is maybe at NYJ or NYG, so 1 of 2 maybe. So I'm thinking it is 3-13 or 4-12, best case is 6-10. Thoughts??
3-13 sounds about right. 2020 is the year to make moves #Tank4Tua

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Play football post injury? His arm was amputated. Regaining a normal life is the goal fella.

No doubt regaining a normal life is the goal. That fact does not go unnoticed by me. I was simply making the point that players have resumed their careers despite amputations/physical disabilities with the right medical equipment.

I was simply trying to make the point that if he wanted to continue to pursue a career in the NFL -- there was a way for him to try to keep him dream alive. That being said, it seems he has sense decided that he will retire from playing football - and pursue coaching/mentoring at his alma mater....The U.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My thoughts, as usual are:Fuck predictions. The games are decided on the field - and we should allow ourselves to enjoy each and every game and let things play out on there own rather than get ahead of ourselves.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dolphins have signed former Jags and Cowboys WR, Allen Hurns -- also from...The U.

I know some people here who like to belittle every move this team/front office makes will find things to be critical about regarding this move - but Hurns is a guy who showed some great potential early in with the Jaguars and his career was simply slowed down by injuries.

I think his role with the Fins would be a little different than what it was with the Jags and Cowboys given what we already have at the WR position and offense as a whole. If he can stay healthy --he will, without a doubt, be a quality complimentary player to the team and WR group.

Not to mention the Fins got him on a very friendly 1-year deal.

Pre-season starts soon. Hopefully CBS will get its act together sooner than later.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts, as usual are:Fuck predictions. The games are decided on the field - and we should allow ourselves to enjoy each and every game and let things play out on there own rather than get ahead of ourselves.

Just trying to start conversation, since board was dead, thanks for the digression on that one.