• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Miami Dolphins Off-Season Thread

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gase already got his gm fired and he's taking over...pure comedy in NYC!

Adam Gase and his ego are in mid-season form on his way to ruining another organization. The best part of all of it, is that its the Wets.

Good times.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adam Gase and his ego are in mid-season form on his way to ruining another organization. The best part of all of it, is that its the Wets.

Good times.
Complete egomaniac you couldn't sabotage them anymore than this!

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sure alot of you have been reading the reports out of Dolphins camp that Fitzpatrick is performing better than Rosen -- a lot of wannabe "reporters"/fans have even said such things as "Fitzpatrick has "played" better" as if training camp involves actual games.

I was skeptical of the Dolphins trading for Rosen - but that doesn't mean I don't believe in the guy. I think its doing the guy a disservice to nitpick about how he is performing in the early part of camp. There is nothing to make of what happens in training camp -- especially this early into it.

The only thing to look for during this time is to make sure guys stay injury free.

Lets wait until there is an actual game before we pass judgment.

All that being said, in their own ways - we invested something in acquiring both Fitzpatrick and Rosen - I think there is an argument to be made for each to be the starter based on that.

That being said -- If the Dolphins are truly committed to rebuilding -- as the addition of Rosen seems to indicate, I think it should be made Rosens job to lose. The team needs to see what they have in him - we already know what Fitzpatrick is capable of.

And for the nth time, the Dolphins arent/won't tank -- give that shit a rest. It doesn't matter who is named the starter -- tanking is not an necessity or option.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sure alot of you have been reading the reports out of Dolphins camp that Fitzpatrick is performing better than Rosen -- a lot of wannabe "reporters"/fans have even said such things as "Fitzpatrick has "played" better" as if training camp involves actual games.

I was skeptical of the Dolphins trading for Rosen - but that doesn't mean I don't believe in the guy. I think its doing the guy a disservice to nitpick about how he is performing in the early part of camp. There is nothing to make of what happens in training camp -- especially this early into it.

The only thing to look for during this time is to make sure guys stay injury free.

All that being said, in their own ways - we invested something in acquiring both Fitzpatrick and Rosen - I think there is an argument to be made for each to be the starter based on that.

That being said -- If the Dolphins are truly committed to rebuilding -- as the addition of Rosen seems to indicate, I think it should be made Rosens job to lose. The team needs to see what they have in him - we already know what Fitzpatrick is capable of.

And for the nth time, the Dolphins arent/won't tank -- give that shit a rest. It doesn't matter who is named the starter -- tanking is not an necessity or option.
So you want to just hand a job to a guy that has a history of entitlement? Not have him earn it? Great idea.

And if you think the dolphins aren’t tanking this year you’re delusional. What moves have been made that indicate they aren’t vying for that top pick to draft Tua?

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RE competition at QB between Rosen and Fitzpatrick: I agree with you Paolo. Fitzpatrick should have an early advantage. He has 14 years of NFL experience and was with the team 5 weeks earlier. I think that in preseason games as fans is when we will get a better read on Rosen's potential. No players are saying that Rosen isn't playing well. It's just Fitzpatrick is playing better now. It takes time. At some point this year Rosen will be handed the QB keys to the franchise. As long as it isn't late in the season the Fins should be able to get a good read on if he can be the franchise QB next year and going forward.

RE tanking: The coaches and players will do their best. It is in their DNA. The Fins are a young team so they will lose a lot though. The goal was not to lose this year. The goal is to create more salary cap room (110 million so far for next year) and get younger so that players can learn the system and grow together as a team. The Fins have stockpiled picks for the next draft. I see a major improvement for the Fins in 2 to 3 years. The Fins needed to break the pattern of mediocrity. I think the big difference is the coaches that the Fins have now. Also, I really like what Grier and the other FO staff are doing.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you want to just hand a job to a guy that has a history of entitlement? Not have him earn it? Great idea.

And if you think the dolphins aren’t tanking this year you’re delusional. What moves have been made that indicate they aren’t vying for that top pick to draft Tua?

I don't usually respond to clueless ignorance, but sometimes its a must in order to make a point.

Please SHOW me where I said anything about wanting to "hand the job" to a player?

I simply gave an opinion based on a particular factor -- Investment made to acquire that particular player.

As for what makes me think that the Dolphins won't tank? Its what this coaching staff and front office has been saying since they were put together - regardless of some of our idiot fans suggesting the team should tank. I have always found it funny how a "fan" base full of people crying about the state of the team on a yearly basis then starts rooting for the team to tank. There is really nothing more idiotic than that.

As for what moves the team has made to tell me one way or another what their plan is going into the season? This is again another idiotic question only this fan base seems to bring up every year. Do you people not watch the games? Where the fuck have you been the last 10-15 years?

Many times the team has acquired some of the top names and they've come up less than short. The point is, you cant put much stock in to names -- but this idiot fan base never learns. Just because we didn't acquire the most elite guys isn't an indictment on the team, the guys we did acquire - nor is it a determining factor in how their season will go -- the guys they did acquire is not an indicator that they are "tanking".

I am proud to be in the minority that is willing to give this revamped front office and new coaching staff the benefit of the doubt - and letting themselves prove themselves on the field - where it matters.

My hope that one day, this whining fan base allows itself to enjoy the process of an attempt to turn things around. Why ruin the season for yourself before it even starts with baseless negative nonsense?

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't usually respond to clueless ignorance, but sometimes its a must in order to make a point.

Please SHOW me where I said anything about wanting to "hand the job" to a player?

I simply gave an opinion based on a particular factor -- Investment made to acquire that particular player.

As for what makes me think that the Dolphins won't tank? Its what this coaching staff and front office has been saying since they were put together - regardless of some of our idiot fans suggesting the team should tank. I have always found it funny how a "fan" base full of people crying about the state of the team on a yearly basis then starts rooting for the team to tank. There is really nothing more idiotic than that.

As for what moves the team has made to tell me one way or another what their plan is going into the season? This is again another idiotic question only this fan base seems to bring up every year. Do you people not watch the games? Where the fuck have you been the last 10-15 years?

Many times the team has acquired some of the top names and they've come up less than short. The point is, you cant put much stock in to names -- but this idiot fan base never learns. Just because we didn't acquire the most elite guys isn't an indictment on the team, the guys we did acquire - nor is it a determining factor in how their season will go -- the guys they did acquire is not an indicator that they are "tanking".

I am proud to be in the minority that is willing to give this revamped front office and new coaching staff the benefit of the doubt - and letting themselves prove themselves on the field - where it matters.

My hope that one day, this whining fan base allows itself to enjoy the process of an attempt to turn things around. Why ruin the season for yourself before it even starts with baseless negative nonsense?
Your words..."It should be Rosen's job to lose." Based on what exactly? If you truly want to win this year, Fitz gives you the best shot to open the season.

The comments about tanking...obviously the front office and coach are going to deny it. Of course they are. I do not expect elite signings every year. However, they did not address glaring holes in the roster. Mainly the DL and OL. DT is limited in depth and banking on Charles Harris to be the top pass rusher is not a wise choice based on production to this point. Who is on the other end? Tank Carradine? I liked the pick of the Wisconsin kid but come on man, take off the rose colored glasses. They have loaded up on picks for 2020. With this roster, 3 wins is about the most I can honestly see. Enjoy a disappointing season for not seeing the big picture and the plan for 2-3 years down the road.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RE competition at QB between Rosen and Fitzpatrick: I agree with you Paolo. Fitzpatrick should have an early advantage. He has 14 years of NFL experience and was with the team 5 weeks earlier. I think that in preseason games as fans is when we will get a better read on Rosen's potential. No players are saying that Rosen isn't playing well. It's just Fitzpatrick is playing better now. It takes time. At some point this year Rosen will be handed the QB keys to the franchise. As long as it isn't late in the season the Fins should be able to get a good read on if he can be the franchise QB next year and going forward.

RE tanking: The coaches and players will do their best. It is in their DNA. The Fins are a young team so they will lose a lot though. The goal was not to lose this year. The goal is to create more salary cap room (110 million so far for next year) and get younger so that players can learn the system and grow together as a team. The Fins have stockpiled picks for the next draft. I see a major improvement for the Fins in 2 to 3 years. The Fins needed to break the pattern of mediocrity. I think the big difference is the coaches that the Fins have now. Also, I really like what Grier and the other FO staff are doing.
Your words..."It should be Rosen's job to lose." Based on what exactly? If you truly want to win this year, Fitz gives you the best shot to open the season.

The comments about tanking...obviously the front office and coach are going to deny it. Of course they are. I do not expect elite signings every year. However, they did not address glaring holes in the roster. Mainly the DL and OL. DT is limited in depth and banking on Charles Harris to be the top pass rusher is not a wise choice based on production to this point. Who is on the other end? Tank Carradine? I liked the pick of the Wisconsin kid but come on man, take off the rose colored glasses. They have loaded up on picks for 2020. With this roster, 3 wins is about the most I can honestly see. Enjoy a disappointing season for not seeing the big picture and the plan for 2-3 years down the road.

I will put an end to this matter by responding to both in this one spot:
Like I said, my reasoning for saying I give the edge to Rosen starting is based on the INVESTMENT the team made to get him over that for Fitzpatrick. While Arizona will be paying his remaining salary, the rebuilding Dolphins did give up a couple of future draft picks to get Rosen - while Fitzpatrick was a FA signing. I consider the investment the Dolphins made for Rosen much bigger than that for Fitzpatrick due to the fact that we are currently in rebuild mode. If this happened during an off-season where the Dolphins were committed to going all-in, my thoughts would be otherwise.

As far as "who gives the team the best chance to win" Nothing is guaranteed. Every year/season is a different monster, be it for a young player like Rosen or an aging player like Fitzpatrick. Young players and veteran players alike MUST prove their worth in off-season and pre-season/game action where it counts.

This team can no longer, and clearly will no longer -- under this current staff, let egos dictate how things are done. Things will be earned within this organization from here on out -- the best interest of the team will overcome ego. So don't come at me with that crap about me wanting a guy that his a "history of entitlement" because I am not a fan of those kinds of players/coaches -- nor will this organization stand for that any longer.

You may choose not to believe the organization when they say they won't tank -- I have chosen to give them the benefit of the doubt -- because I feel its the least that a new regime deserves. I see no reason to not trust this new/made-over regime. I don't have to agree with every detail of how they run things in order to at least give them the benefit of the doubt in getting the job done. This is another on-going problem with this fan base -- they whine and cry about wanting changes -- then changes are made -- then there is a lack of trust solely based on baseless personal feelings rather than facts.

Regarding "not addressing needs" again, this sounds like a personal opinion as opposed to facts.If we look at their off-season additions, be it draft, trades, FA, UDFA - additions were made at those positions. Maybe the players they added don't fit YOUR personal taste -- but players were added at those positions. The front office has done their job - its up to the coaching staff to do theirs -- and for the players to respond on the field.

Preston Williams - Rookie WR out of Colorado State is an under the radar name making some noise in camp.

Jomal Wiltz at CB out of Iowa State is another

On the positions you mentioned as "glaring needs"

Here are some names to keep an eye on that may be unknown but are worthy of keeping an eye on:

At DL we have two promising guys in Dewayne Hendrix and Jonathan Ledbetter
At OL we have Ryan Anderson and Wes Farnsworth - two young guys who have the potential of playing multiple spots on the OL if developed properly
At DT we have Cory Thomas and Kendrick Norton that are worthy of a look.

So, again -- while the guys I listed may not be the names you would've hoped for in those spots - they are certainly capable candidates worthy of the look the team is giving them at this moment.

I long for the days Fins "fans' stop diminishing the worth of a player/addition by the team simply because they are unaware of who the guy is. A little research will not hurt you.

Last, you bet your hurt arse I will enjoy this season as I do every season no matter the end result. Just like last season -- while it was bad, it provided some magical moments that will lead them to where they want to get eventually. The plan for the future/the big picture is bright and clear - again, just because you don't agree with the path taken towards it -- doesn't mean its not the right one.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fins Up, Bitches!

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will put an end to this matter by responding to both in this one spot:
Like I said, my reasoning for saying I give the edge to Rosen starting is based on the INVESTMENT the team made to get him over that for Fitzpatrick. While Arizona will be paying his remaining salary, the rebuilding Dolphins did give up a couple of future draft picks to get Rosen - while Fitzpatrick was a FA signing. I consider the investment the Dolphins made for Rosen much bigger than that for Fitzpatrick due to the fact that we are currently in rebuild mode. If this happened during an off-season where the Dolphins were committed to going all-in, my thoughts would be otherwise.

As far as "who gives the team the best chance to win" Nothing is guaranteed. Every year/season is a different monster, be it for a young player like Rosen or an aging player like Fitzpatrick. Young players and veteran players alike MUST prove their worth in off-season and pre-season/game action where it counts.

This team can no longer, and clearly will no longer -- under this current staff, let egos dictate how things are done. Things will be earned within this organization from here on out -- the best interest of the team will overcome ego. So don't come at me with that crap about me wanting a guy that his a "history of entitlement" because I am not a fan of those kinds of players/coaches -- nor will this organization stand for that any longer.

You may choose not to believe the organization when they say they won't tank -- I have chosen to give them the benefit of the doubt -- because I feel its the least that a new regime deserves. I see no reason to not trust this new/made-over regime. I don't have to agree with every detail of how they run things in order to at least give them the benefit of the doubt in getting the job done. This is another on-going problem with this fan base -- they whine and cry about wanting changes -- then changes are made -- then there is a lack of trust solely based on baseless personal feelings rather than facts.

Regarding "not addressing needs" again, this sounds like a personal opinion as opposed to facts.If we look at their off-season additions, be it draft, trades, FA, UDFA - additions were made at those positions. Maybe the players they added don't fit YOUR personal taste -- but players were added at those positions. The front office has done their job - its up to the coaching staff to do theirs -- and for the players to respond on the field.

Preston Williams - Rookie WR out of Colorado State is an under the radar name making some noise in camp.

Jomal Wiltz at CB out of Iowa State is another

On the positions you mentioned as "glaring needs"

Here are some names to keep an eye on that may be unknown but are worthy of keeping an eye on:

At DL we have two promising guys in Dewayne Hendrix and Jonathan Ledbetter
At OL we have Ryan Anderson and Wes Farnsworth - two young guys who have the potential of playing multiple spots on the OL if developed properly
At DT we have Cory Thomas and Kendrick Norton that are worthy of a look.

So, again -- while the guys I listed may not be the names you would've hoped for in those spots - they are certainly capable candidates worthy of the look the team is giving them at this moment.

I long for the days Fins "fans' stop diminishing the worth of a player/addition by the team simply because they are unaware of who the guy is. A little research will not hurt you.

Last, you bet your hurt arse I will enjoy this season as I do every season no matter the end result. Just like last season -- while it was bad, it provided some magical moments that will lead them to where they want to get eventually. The plan for the future/the big picture is bright and clear - again, just because you don't agree with the path taken towards it -- doesn't mean its not the right one.

Ok. I'm prepared for a 0-3 win season for the greater good. And to you use your quote, just because YOU agree with the path taken towards the goal, doesn't mean it's the right one.

BTW, you should probably bookmark your post. Outside of Williams, I don't think anyone you mentioned will prove to be anything then bottom of the roster fodder that gets churned throughout the season.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree that "tanking" is not on the agenda. They may not win many games, I think O/U is around 5 which sounds about right. I do see Fitz starting first few games and when he starts chucking INT's, Rosen will get his chance.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fins Up, Bitches!
So Vegas just gave the Dolphins the lowest over-under win total and worst odds to make the playoffs. And we all know they are in the business of losing money.

But no tanking going on here...

#TankforTua

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the Fins would have traded for Rosen if Tank for Tua was the goal. Also Fitzpatrick is capable of throwing for 400 yrds in a game. The Fins could end up with Tua but that isn't the goal. The Fins cut salary and got younger. What if Rosen shows so much potential that the Fins use the top pick on another position? I want to see what Rosen can do before I assume the top need next year is QB.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the Fins would have traded for Rosen if Tank for Tua was the goal. Also Fitzpatrick is capable of throwing for 400 yrds in a game. The Fins could end up with Tua but that isn't the goal. The Fins cut salary and got younger. What if Rosen shows so much potential that the Fins use the top pick on another position? I want to see what Rosen can do before I assume the top need next year is QB.
Dolphinswire.usatoday.com discussed the offence and defence depth charts and argued that they could actually be better than last year especially with younger players gaining experience. Face it guys like Wake aren't getting any younger and Fitz and Rosen may be better. RT may be the one position of major drop off but we'll see. Anyway good read if you have time sorry couldn't copy link from phone.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dolphinswire.usatoday.com discussed the offence and defence depth charts and argued that they could actually be better than last year especially with younger players gaining experience. Face it guys like Wake aren't getting any younger and Fitz and Rosen may be better. RT may be the one position of major drop off but we'll see. Anyway good read if you have time sorry couldn't copy link from phone.

I think the Fins will have improved QB this year and going forward which will make the WRs, TEs and RBs better.

RE RT: That is a position that has open competition without a decided starter. We will see who wins the starting spot. If no one consistently plays well this year RT could be addressed in FA next offseason or with a high draft pick. The Fins will have the resources to add talent if need be. I view RT has one of the most important position battles this offseason.

RE Wake: None of the DEs impressed last year. The new coaches have shown in NE that they can get pressure as a team without having a DE that puts up big stats. That said, I think DE could still be a high priority position next offseason.

Last edited by a moderator:

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Vegas just gave the Dolphins the lowest over-under win total and worst odds to make the playoffs. And we all know they are in the business of losing money.

#TankforTua

Fuck Vegas. They've gotten it wrong many times before.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

#TankforTua

Ive said it many times before and I won't get tired of saying it - for a fan base that has spent so many years crying about the lack of wins -- its certainly comical when people start rooting for the team to "tank".

Whether its teams that were as bad as the Fins last season or worst I don't think there is another fan base that is even entertaining the idea of tanking - regardless of how bleak their present and immediate future may be. Its no wonder this fan base is viewed as one of the biggest jokes and the home of sports biggest bandwagoners on the face of the earth.

That said, its good to see most people are keeping things in perspective and wanting to wait until the team is actually fully put together and games actually start before making judgments. At this point people are just spewing opinions/nonsense.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive said it many times before and I won't get tired of saying it - for a fan base that has spent so many years crying about the lack of wins -- its certainly comical when people start rooting for the team to "tank".

Whether its teams that were as bad as the Fins last season or worst I don't think there is another fan base that is even entertaining the idea of tanking - regardless of how bleak their present and immediate future may be. Its no wonder this fan base is viewed as one of the biggest jokes and the home of sports biggest bandwagoners on the face of the earth.

That said, its good to see most people are keeping things in perspective and wanting to wait until the team is actually fully put together and games actually start before making judgments. At this point people are just spewing opinions/nonsense.
Fully put together team? What exactly are you expecting them to add between now and training camp/season start? This roster is a couple injuries away from being 0-16.

But preach on with the ever hopeful rose colored glasses and continue posting game posts talking to yourself. I’m excited for a shit season for the opportunity to draft a franchise changing qb...are you?

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fully put together team? What exactly are you expecting them to add between now and training camp/season start? This roster is a couple injuries away from being 0-16.

But preach on with the ever hopeful rose colored glasses and continue posting game posts talking to yourself. I’m excited for a shit season for the opportunity to draft a franchise changing qb...are you?

By fully put together I meant when the final 53-man roster and practice squad is put together.

I know you and a few others want to decide the teams fate before they take the field - but fact of the matter is, nothing is for certain until the game is decided on the field.

Your name has been written down on the list of folks to give up on the team before the season starts - only to jump back on the bandwagon the moment they start turning it around. Typical Fins fan.