• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Miami Dolphins Off-Season Thread

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Fins have added more talent to the roster. They signed a Brazilian DT Durval Queiroz Neto. Neto has a lot of potential. He is a very active former judo champion. He could become a playmaker for the team. The Fins also added the best pash rushing DE from the AAF. Jayrone Elliot had 7.5 sacks in 8 games. It's a good sign for the team that Grier is adding guys when other teams are also trying to sign them.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WR Ricardo Louis was also added. He is from Miami. He plays fast. He could bring depth to the roster. The Fins dealt with injury issues at WR last year. When they are healthy I think they are going to be tough to cover. They are all fast.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very good 1st round pick, now getting Rosen from AZ. Looking up in Miami with new staff.....

I am looking forward to seeing what Rosen can do with better coaching. The Fins should have a better run game which could also help. With time the Fins will have the oline to protect him. The Fins already have some talent at WR and potential at TE.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am looking forward to seeing what Rosen can do with better coaching. The Fins should have a better run game which could also help. With time the Fins will have the oline to protect him. The Fins already have some talent at WR and potential at TE.
Oline and dline will be key. I think moving to a 3-4 will help personnel wise. Losing James may delay its growth on offence though...

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oline and dline will be key. I think moving to a 3-4 will help personnel wise. Losing James may delay its growth on offence though...

The Fins could look for the best available free agent RT when compensation picks won't be affected. Next off-season the Fins will have a lot more options. The important thing for this year is giving Rosen the best chance to show if he can be the franchise QB.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Fins could look for the best available free agent RT when compensation picks won't be affected. Next off-season the Fins will have a lot more options. The important thing for this year is giving Rosen the best chance to show if he can be the franchise QB.
Yeah totally agree. No use getting him killed will show us nothing. But it looks like they will run the ball when it's working and stick to it unlike Gase. That alone will help the oline and QB...

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Fins added RT Mills. He was probably the best available. He will be the front runner to win the RT spot. Sterup and Prince will also be in the mix.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan Mills signing with the Fins is as big as he is.

The Dolphins front office and coaching staff -- once again, leaving their finger prints on another addition to the team.

I always say that, ultimately -- results are proven and shown on the field -- BUT, the Fins front office and coaching staff has spent the entire off-season doing their part in starting a turnaround.

It starts at the top. Now, the players must respond on the field on game-day.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Fins added RT Mills. He was probably the best available. He will be the front runner to win the RT spot. Sterup and Prince will also be in the mix.
You called it! They definitely need some more bodies so this will help. I'm feeling a little better but I'm sure that they'll look to find a stud RT in next year's draft.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Fins will be extending a contract to Howard for 5 years. This was another good decision by the Fins. He is one of the best CBs in the league. He is an absolute ball hawk.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Xavien Howard signed long-term by the Fins

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Fins will be extending a contract to Howard for 5 years. This was another good decision by the Fins. He is one of the best CBs in the league. He is an absolute ball hawk.
I'm super happy about this at some point you need to take a stand and keep your good young players. X is one of the best!!!

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the move by the Fins to add Mark Walton and give him another chance at football. I hope he gets it right this time. It doesn't hurt that he is a former Miami Hurricane.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the move by the Fins to add Mark Walton and give him another chance at football. I hope he gets it right this time. It doesn't hurt that he is a former Miami Hurricane.
I understand the second chance but he obviously has a pot issue amongst other things. Odds are he will be perennially suspended and a distraction...

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand the second chance but he obviously has a pot issue amongst other things. Odds are he will be perennially suspended and a distraction...

He will need to get his act together in a hurry. Otherwise he will just waste his God given talent. He will need to be focused just to make the team. The Fins have good depth at RB. Gaskins was a steal for a 7th round pick. He was very productive and versatile in college. We already know that Drake and Ballage are capable players. Cox will make the squad because he is such a good blocker.

Before he got injured at UM he was one of the best RBs in college. This is another low risk high reward choice for the team as they are building the roster.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will need to get his act together in a hurry. Otherwise he will just waste his God given talent. He will need to be focused just to make the team. The Fins have good depth at RB. Gaskins was a steal for a 7th round pick. He was very productive and versatile in college. We already know that Drake and Ballage are capable players. Cox will make the squad because he is such a good blocker.

Before he got injured at UM he was one of the best RBs in college. This is another low risk high reward choice for the team as they are building the roster.
From a low risk high reward standpoint I don't mind it... just as long as he isn't a distraction.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think he will be a distraction in the sense that, given his disciplinary history, I am sure when the team acquired him -- he was warned that his first fuck up with the team would be his last.

This staff isn't going to put up with a lack of discipline from anyone. This staff will hold players accountable for their actions - unlike the previous who made things personal and fractured the team to make other guys the scapegoats.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gase already got his gm fired and he's taking over...pure comedy in NYC!