• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Miami Dolphins @ New England Cheatriots Week 17 Game Thread

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets see what new ways to cheat themselves to a win the Cheatriots come up with now.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jacob Eason, QB out of the University of Washington, and the University of Georgia before Mark Richt came to the Miami Hurricanes - has declared for the draft. He could've gone back for a 5th-year. Eason, will add to the list of 1st-round caliber QBs in the 2020 NFL draft -- another great option for the Dolphins if they decide to go QB in the draft. Another option that is infinite times better than Tua which really isn't saying much at this point.-- he isn't as injured, either.

My top 5 ranked QBs in this draft and how I would rank them for the Dolphins to consider:
1.Burrow
2.Herbert
3.Eason
4.Fromm
5.Newman

The top 4 are guys you can't go wrong with. Each of the top 4 have all the prototypical QB measurables. They come from pro-style offenses in college - which makes them week-1 NFL-ready QBs.

All these guys have everything teams look for in a QB to lead their offense/franchise in the NFL.

Newman is more of a dual-threat guy but has the ability to smoothly transition into a pro-style offense.

If the Dolphins go QB in the middle rounds - some names to consider would be:
1.Steven Montez
2.Jordan Love
3.K.J. Costello
4.Nate Stanley
5.Brian Lewerke

Again, these are guys that have all the measuring stats that teams want in a QB -- this tier of guys aren't at the "elite" level of the first 5, but they are certainly the next best 5 IMO - and would fit in nicely with the Dolphins even if they have to sit out and learn for a year.

Of course, I am hopeful that Fitzpatrick does the honorable thing and retires after this season - or, at least, decides to move on elsewhere if not be the backup to Rosen so he can finally get a fair-shot to showcase himself - and the Dolphins can better develop one of these rookies to then compete with Rosen for the starting job if necessary, if not be a quality backup to him.

The deadline for draft-eligible underclassmen to declare is still a couple of weeks away, so I may adjust this list - as will others -- but this is an early take.

Watch some bowl games as some of these guys have yet to play in their bowl-game and you will get a good sense of their talents if you don't already.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jacob Eason, QB out of the University of Washington, and the University of Georgia before Mark Richt came to the Miami Hurricanes - has declared for the draft. He could've gone back for a 5th-year. Eason, will add to the list of 1st-round caliber QBs in the 2020 NFL draft -- another great option for the Dolphins if they decide to go QB in the draft. Another option that is infinite times better than Tua which really isn't saying much at this point.-- he isn't as injured, either.

My top 5 ranked QBs in this draft and how I would rank them for the Dolphins to consider:
1.Burrow
2.Herbert
3.Eason
4.Fromm
5.Newman

The top 4 are guys you can't go wrong with. Each of the top 4 have all the prototypical QB measurables. They come from pro-style offenses in college - which makes them week-1 NFL-ready QBs.

All these guys have everything teams look for in a QB to lead their offense/franchise in the NFL.

Newman is more of a dual-threat guy but has the ability to smoothly transition into a pro-style offense.

If the Dolphins go QB in the middle rounds - some names to consider would be:
1.Steven Montez
2.Jordan Love
3.K.J. Costello
4.Nate Stanley
5.Brian Lewerke

Again, these are guys that have all the measuring stats that teams want in a QB -- this tier of guys aren't at the "elite" level of the first 5, but they are certainly the next best 5 IMO - and would fit in nicely with the Dolphins even if they have to sit out and learn for a year.

Of course, I am hopeful that Fitzpatrick does the honorable thing and retires after this season - or, at least, decides to move on elsewhere if not be the backup to Rosen so he can finally get a fair-shot to showcase himself - and the Dolphins can better develop one of these rookies to then compete with Rosen for the starting job if necessary, if not be a quality backup to him.

The deadline for draft-eligible underclassmen to declare is still a couple of weeks away, so I may adjust this list - as will others -- but this is an early take.

Watch some bowl games as some of these guys have yet to play in their bowl-game and you will get a good sense of their talents if you don't already.

Joe Burrow.....limitations in arm strength for a 1st round QB
Herbert......Has all the skills but may not have the leadership for NFL team
Eason......Raw and may need experience but a lot of upside
Fromm......Game manager with average skill set.
Newman.....Not ready for NFL but a ton of upside.....
Tua...... (who you threw out) lots of questions on durability

3 of these 6 will certainly be taken in the 1st round - but should they be?
My pick is Newman and a year of coaching and practice. 2nd - 3rd round?????
I'm not high on any of your mid-rounders but I'd consider Love and Morgan as projects.....
Dolphins may take Herbert if available and maybe Flores can mentor him as a leader.....

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another pass-happy first drive for the Fins that goes nowhere - they inexplicably go for it again on 4th down -- try a fake punt pass -- and it fails.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No surprise the Cheatriots are being kept in this game by the refs.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's often said that in the NFL there is holding on every play -- it just a matter of the refs calling it -- it seems like the refs are instructed to never call it against the Cheatriots. Just one of the many signs their success is due to the refs.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Miami Dolphins survive the refs and Cheatriots to finish the season 5-11 after a horrific start. Steps forward for a young team with a lot to build around. All they need is to start their young QB -- or draft a QB to start/compete with Rosen -- and this rebuild will take a massive step forward.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dolphins IMPROVE their draft position to 5th after the win today - still, draft positioning not official until the rest of the days results are final -- but a solid end to the season when it looked like they would get the first pick.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congratulations are in order for Ryan Tannehill, who has completed one of the better comeback seasons in recent times. He comes in to the season as a backup to Mariota -- then replaces him out of necessity and leads his team to the playoffs with solid performances each and every week. Meanwhile, Fitzpatrick led the Dolphins to a 5-11 season and the 5th pick -- so there is that.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congratulations are in order for Ryan Tannehill, who has completed one of the better comeback seasons in recent times. He comes in to the season as a backup to Mariota -- then replaces him out of necessity and leads his team to the playoffs with solid performances each and every week. Meanwhile, Fitzpatrick led the Dolphins to a 5-11 season and the 5th pick -- so there is that.
To be fair no one was winning those first 5 games or so the roster turnover was insane. Over 90 transactions this year and over 18 players on IR. Either way Tanny has proven that with an oline and running game he can win. Been saying this for years...of course decent coaching which hasn't been here in a decade. Flores looks to get it although I'm baffled that they are able to win with no running game. Especially in NE.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Careful now. Knowing the dumbass front office/ownership the Dolphins have, they may likely sign Fitztragic to contract extension. He led them to first W in that shit hole Foxboro since 2008.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congratulations to the Fins coaches and players! A win on the road at Gillette is very impressive, especially considering how much the Pats needed the win and the changes that have happened to the Fins roster. The future looks very bright for the team. The Fins have very good coaches and underrated talent. It was a total team effort. Fitzpatrick was one of the guys who played like a Champion today. Go Fins!

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Careful now. Knowing the dumbass front office/ownership the Dolphins have, they may likely sign Fitztragic to contract extension. He led them to first W in that shit hole Foxboro since 2008.

I have a good feeling you and maybe some clown in here have such sentiments about the front office/ownership.

That said, I MAY give it to you on the ownership -- on the front office? They went through a slight makeover prior to this season so it is not the best time to pass judgment on them yet. I know you and many want to pass judgment based on the past, but thats just not how it goes. Whether you agree with the moves this current makeup of the front office has made or not is irrelevant. Fact of the matter is, they've made their share of moves that have helped this organization take a step, small as it may be, in the right direction in this rebuild.

I think we should give them at least another 2 seasons/off-seasons to make their moves and see how they pan out before passing judgment. We don't need to be the Cleveland Browns - a team with no identity(at least not a positive one) that is constantly making changes before anyone can even settle in.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congratulations to the Dolphins and staff on their big win.
No Miami Miracle this year. Dolphins outplayed the Patriots on offense and defense.
Flores outcoached Belichick. Future drama - to be continued.....

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of a underwhelming speech there, where is the excitement??

In the full video of the victory speech the players reaction would suggest it was the complete opposite of underwhelming. Unlike like some people in here, our players understand the big picture in the eyes of the coach and the organization as a whole. As great as the win was, they all know its not the ultimate goal - and there is no reason to celebrate it as such.

I have posted their other victory speeches -- this one was no different than those. Flores is not a guy who is going to preach or celebrate the mediocrity that is one win/game. Most people, especially the players understand Flores personality. He is not some "rah rah" guy like what we had in a guy like Dan Campbell a few years back that overdid the excitement/tough guy crap over absolutely nothing.

These reactions by Flores are the best examples of the changes that are happening within this organization moving forward -- He just isn't going to settle for anything less than greatness.