• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Miami Dolphins @ New England Cheatriots Week 1 Game Thread

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rosters are to be set by tomorrow, Saturday, at 4 PM eastern.

The Dolphins have already made their first of what might be -- costly mistakes this season. They have cut Josh Rosen for no reason whatsoever after they attempted to trade him -- again, for no reason.

Fitzpatrick has been away due to a death in the family -- it is unknown if he will return for Week 1 -- or if he will even decide to continue playing at all this season. The Dolphins essentially only have damaged goods, overrated Tua at QB right now(Jake Rudock recently got another workout with the team and may be signed depending on how the roster evolves as roster is finalized. Tua will prove to be a mistake the moment he is sent out there to play in a real game. I don't want to hear about his performance during the off-season -- everyone performs that well when you aren't facing a real opponent and doing it in a non-meaningful game atmosphere. Everyone will come to the harsh realization I have been trying to tell you about this bum when he is out there on the field in a real game. He will either get hurt immediately given how fragile and soft he is -- or he will simply stink it up.

Shaq Calhoun another surprise cut -- thought he would get another year at least to get a look at.

Of note: For this season, teams can carry 16 players on their practice squad as opposed to the 10 in previous seasons. Lets see how that takes shape over the next few hours.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paolo, You have a lot of gloom and doom in your perspective. I am willing to trust Grier and Flores. It's obvious that the team is improving under the leadership of these guys.

I was surprised with the Rosen decision, however, the coaches had plenty of time to evaluate him. They just didn't see him in the team's future. The move creates a roster spot and gives Rosen a chance to prove himself on another team.

What if Tua proves you wrong? What if he stays healthy and develops into an Aaron Rogers or Mahomes type of player? Would you be more upset that your prediction was wrong or would you celebrate that the Fins picked and developed the best QB they have had since Marino? I am celebrating. I think Tua is the real deal. He's very accurate and has the it factor. He is a playmaker. As a freshman he led his team back in the national championship game. That usually doesn't happen. He actually changed the style of football at Bama while he was there because he was so productive.

Fitz will start in week 1 and I like his chances of leading the Fins to a landmark victory. No team has beat the Pats twice in a row in Gillette since Don Shula's Dolphins accomplished that feat. Flores and this Fins team could make that happen.

My advice to you is loose the gloom and doom perspective. After all we live in the Sunshine state and the Fins have their best coach since Shula.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rosters are to be set by tomorrow, Saturday, at 4 PM eastern.

The Dolphins have already made their first of what might be -- costly mistakes this season. They have cut Josh Rosen for no reason whatsoever after they attempted to trade him -- again, for no reason.

Fitzpatrick has been away due to a death in the family -- it is unknown if he will return for Week 1 -- or if he will even decide to continue playing at all this season. The Dolphins essentially only have damaged goods, overrated Tua at QB right now(Jake Rudock recently got another workout with the team and may be signed depending on how the roster evolves as roster is finalized. Tua will prove to be a mistake the moment he is sent out there to play in a real game. I don't want to hear about his performance during the off-season -- everyone performs that well when you aren't facing a real opponent and doing it in a non-meaningful game atmosphere. Everyone will come to the harsh realization I have been trying to tell you about this bum when he is out there on the field in a real game. He will either get hurt immediately given how fragile and soft he is -- or he will simply stink it up.

Shaq Calhoun another surprise cut -- thought he would get another year at least to get a look at.

Of note: For this season, teams can carry 16 players on their practice squad as opposed to the 10 in previous seasons. Lets see how that takes shape over the next few hours.
I see we are gonna be at this again this season. Fitzy missed one day for the death of his mother. I’m shocked he didn’t take more time.

As for Rosen, he was a mistake from day 1. They overpaid to acquire him and were essentially bidding against themselves. He is due so little money that the fact they couldn’t trade him has show you that he is damaged goods. The kid has a phenomenal arm, his issues are between the ears. He just doesn’t process the game fast enough. He struggles with anticipation and only throws when the receiver is wide open. You can produce like that in the league. Best of luck to him in the future. I truly hope he can settle in somewhere.

Again with Tua. I’ve been on the Tua train since last off-season as I’m sure everyone here knows. I honestly believe we finally have a franchise QB and good times are ahead. My tanking desires have surpassed. Fins up boys! Time to make some noise in the AFC East! It’s there for the taking!

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paolo, You have a lot of gloom and doom in your perspective. I am willing to trust Grier and Flores. It's obvious that the team is improving under the leadership of these guys.

I was surprised with the Rosen decision, however, the coaches had plenty of time to evaluate him. They just didn't see him in the team's future. The move creates a roster spot and gives Rosen a chance to prove himself on another team.

What if Tua proves you wrong? What if he stays healthy and develops into an Aaron Rogers or Mahomes type of player? Would you be more upset that your prediction was wrong or would you celebrate that the Fins picked and developed the best QB they have had since Marino? I am celebrating. I think Tua is the real deal. He's very accurate and has the it factor. He is a playmaker. As a freshman he led his team back in the national championship game. That usually doesn't happen. He actually changed the style of football at Bama while he was there because he was so productive.

Fitz will start in week 1 and I like his chances of leading the Fins to a landmark victory. No team has beat the Pats twice in a row in Gillette since Don Shula's Dolphins accomplished that feat. Flores and this Fins team could make that happen.

My advice to you is loose the gloom and doom perspective. After all we live in the Sunshine state and the Fins have their best coach since Shula.

Our definitions of "plenty of time to evaluate him" might differ. Some want to say that by moving him the Dolphins are " admitting they were wrong about him" but I don't buy that. Rosen never got a real shot with the Dolphins -- Last season, he was clearly the better performer in camp and pre-season but had to take a back set to Fitzpatrick who performed in the opposite manner during camp last season and having to spend a top-10 pick on a damaged bum. It is now obvious that the Dolphins only ever acquired Rosen as part of their plan to acquire picks for this past draft in order to make the mistake they did with their top pick.

I am glad he was let go simply because he will now have a chance to go elsewhere and have a real shot throughout the season. All starting Fitzpatrick got the Dolphins last season was a wasted season and at competing as opposed to having to fall down in the depth chart in favor of guys who clearly have nothing to offer.

Also, I am certain Tua will not prove me wrong. He will be an average at best player whose clock will start ticking as soon as he is on the field to see if what ends his career first -- injuries or the terrible performances I am certain he will display.

As well, don't tell me anything about what he has done in camp/practice -- every player performs just as well against their own team and practices/scrimmages. Just as I don't buy the praise guys are giving him through the media -- its the type of stuff you would expect teammates to say about one another especially a young player. I have a strong feeling that the same guys praising him now will be the same ones to first turn on him when they see how he really performs in game situations.

I had to stop reading when you made the Rodgers/Mahomes comparisons. That is both laughable and insulting to those two legends.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for Fitzpatrick -- I am behind him for this season -- obviously, we currently have absolutely nothing behind him right now -- so it is on him to perform at QB to keep things afloat.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see we are gonna be at this again this season. Fitzy missed one day for the death of his mother. I’m shocked he didn’t take more time.

As for Rosen, he was a mistake from day 1. They overpaid to acquire him and were essentially bidding against themselves. He is due so little money that the fact they couldn’t trade him has show you that he is damaged goods. The kid has a phenomenal arm, his issues are between the ears. He just doesn’t process the game fast enough. He struggles with anticipation and only throws when the receiver is wide open. You can produce like that in the league. Best of luck to him in the future. I truly hope he can settle in somewhere.

Again with Tua. I’ve been on the Tua train since last off-season as I’m sure everyone here knows. I honestly believe we finally have a franchise QB and good times are ahead. My tanking desires have surpassed. Fins up boys! Time to make some noise in the AFC East! It’s there for the taking!

I am sure you meant " It's there for the TANKING".

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sure you meant " It's there for the TANKING".
No. I meant taking. Continue to be captain doom and gloom. I hope we don’t hear shit from you when the Fins are winning. Especially in the years moving forward with Tua at the helm.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan Fitzpatrick officially named the Week 1 starter. Obviously, issues remain behind him in the depth chart.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan Fitzpatrick, Ted Karras, Jesse Davis, Bobby McCain, Elandon Roberts, Kyle Van Noy, Kavon Frazier, Clayton Fejedelem all named captains for the season.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dolphins 17-man practice squad:
Salvon Ahmed, RB
Antonio Callaway, WR
Nick Coe, DE
Brian Cole, S
Matt Cole, WR
Jarvis Davis, CB
Tae Hayes, CB
Nate Holley, S
Jonathan Hubbard, T
Kylan Johnson, LB
Benito Jones, DT
Kirk Merritt, WR
Chris Myarick, TE
Durval Queiroz Neto, G
Tyshun Render, DE
Jake Ruddock, QB
Ken Webster, CB

Guys to keep an eye on Salvon Ahmed at RB, Matt Cole at WR , Nate Holley at S, Benito Jones at DT. These are all guys on the practice squad that I think will make a significant impact at some point this season on the 53-man roster and could develop into important pieces for the team in the future.

Jake Ruddock should be the backup and bridge eventually.

Antonio Calllaway has a lot of red flags -- could be one of those high-risk/reward type guys. He has some familiarity with Flores, so maybe he can get him back on track.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of note - Per the CBA that the NFL and NFLPA agreed upon in the spring - practice squad slots were to increase from 10 to 12 but due to the dynamics with the ongoing pandemic the league increase the number to 16, which will include the option to include six veterans with an unlimited amount of accured season as opposed to the usual two seasons.

The number will increase to 14 again for the 2022 season.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For what it's worth:Peter King has picked the Dolphins to win the AFCE and be the 4th-seed.

I am sure this will get quite a few of you excited. I know how some of you like to get on the bandwagon of anyone who will say only positive things about the team rather than constructive criticism.

And, I will say, the Dolphins are capable of having a good season -- as long as Fitzpatrick can play 16-games and every snap.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For what it's worth:Peter King has picked the Dolphins to win the AFCE and be the 4th-seed.

I am sure this will get quite a few of you excited. I know how some of you like to get on the bandwagon of anyone who will say only positive things about the team rather than constructive criticism.

And, I will say, the Dolphins are capable of having a good season -- as long as Fitzpatrick can play 16-games and every snap.
So now Fitzpatrick is a capable starter? Weren’t you dogging him all 2019?

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All Dolphins players have practice fully to this point - will have to see the final injury report to see who will and won't be active for the first game.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clayton Fejedelem is the only player listed on the final Week 1 injury report for the Dolphins -- he is officially listed as doubtful for the game.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan Fitzpatrick, Ted Karras, Jesse Davis, Bobby McCain, Elandon Roberts, Kyle Van Noy, Kavon Frazier, Clayton Fejedelem all named captains for the season.
Three Cheatriots are now Dumfins Captains. What a strange season this will be....eh Paolo???

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game day! Enjoy the game guys.

Go Fins!

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's game day boys and girls. We have to enjoy what could be the last season for a very LONG time that the Dolphins will have a chance to be relevant and competitive.

FINS UP!

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of note: The Dolphins depth chart is set up in a base 3-4 defense but they will play multiple defenses throughout

Offensively they are listed as 3 WR 1 TE, but they will also be multiple on this side of the ball as well.

My keys to the game are: Run the ball early and often in order to keep possession and out of the hands of Cam for as long as possible.

Work the short and intermediate passing routes to open things up.

On defense -- stay disciplined and don't let Cam beat you with his legs.

Finish tackles.

Win the turnover and field position battle