• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Miami Dolphins @ Denver Broncos Week 11 Regular Season Game Thread

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We saw a perfect example of Fitz he can come in and spark but throws a pick when he could have checked down as there was time. I'm not mad but Tua has been better in the red zone. Either way it was the right move to make a change get a spark. Gase would never have done that...

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dolphins OL forgot to make the trip.
Give the Broncos defense credit. They played a lot like the Dolphins defense has this season brining the pressure and speed and doing a lot of confusing stuff on defese. Because of this, I expected our OL to be able to figure it out and adjust -- there were a couple of plays in which the OL seemed to be doing a better job of picking up the Broncos defense, but at that point they had all the momentum they seemed to need.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos defense deserves a lot of credit.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will give credit to Tua for this: In his post-game comments he mentioned the fact that he held on to the ball too long -- trying to do too much. Our receivers were open for the most part -- our receivers often do a good job of moving around trying to get themselves open and give the QB a target when it is not there initially.

On a different note, the Dolphins didn't rely on the run enough -- minus the two runs from Fitzpatrick, the Dolphins totaled 15 carries -- not enough. It isn't enough when you have a quarterback that is getting killed and doing very little other than getting hit.

Next week will be a good time for the Dolphins to emphasize the run more. But they have really only done that in spurts this season throughout games - and less so over the last 3 games.

The running game will get the OL on track again -- though they werent that bad really.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos defense deserves a lot of credit.
As I said before, I think it was a combination of the run the Dolphins were on, the defense and the Broncos having an injured and struggling QB in Drew Lock that made some under-estimate the Broncos. On a good note, good to see the Dolphins get out of this game pretty healthy. It was another tough week of injuries around the league.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give the Broncos defense credit. They played a lot like the Dolphins defense has this season brining the pressure and speed and doing a lot of confusing stuff on defese. Because of this, I expected our OL to be able to figure it out and adjust -- there were a couple of plays in which the OL seemed to be doing a better job of picking up the Broncos defense, but at that point they had all the momentum they seemed to need.
Sure the Broncos D played well but the Miami oline may have looked it's worst today. It will happen as they are young but it didn't allow the offense time to do much. Also affected the run game which they need to be successful. I think they'll do better next week. Perhaps they read to many press clippings this should snap them back into place.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure about the press clippings - This coaching staff does a good job of keeping the guys focused and not worrying about outside noise.

That said, after last week win the Dolphins defense and special teams carried Tua to -- he said something like " I expected it to be hard, not that it's not hard"

He stopped himself short of getting too cocky - but that quote got around fast and in a hurry -- I am sure the Broncos D saw that -- and they brought it today. Being humble will go a long way -- especially if one takes the time to realize they are in the situation they are in -- not because they earned it but it was given to them.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now you now why Paolo is usually the anyone posting on his game day threads, dude doesn't know much and no one wants to listen to his endless babble. You need to come over to other site.
There's not even a Miami team page over there....

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one over there follows Dolphins. You can get one set up, but need a few fans over there
You can start a page yourself-I made one for Iowa. If you create one you might get some Fins fans to post with you. So far no Broncos page regulars From here post over there either...

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can start a page yourself-I made one for Iowa. If you create one you might get some Fins fans to post with you. So far no Broncos page regulars From here post over there either...
You can't under the NFL board.