• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Miami Dolphins @ Dallas Cowboys Week 3 Regular Season Game Thread

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally, the Dolphins will go on the road to play in front of some real fans instead of their lousy home " fan" base. Maybe that will spark them.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of importance, I am sure MOST of my fellow Fins fans are smart enough to figure this out for themselves - but - considering we made those trades with Houston, it is important that you root for them to have as bad or worse record than the Fins when its said and done for draft positioning. This would apply for the next couple drafts according to the recent trade.

This is one of the many reasons the idea of tanking is idiotic and unnecessary.

The Texans aren't bad but many are expecting them to have a less than stellar season and finish high in the draft order.

Something to consider moving forward.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As inexplicable as the decision was to start the season given his performance at the midway point of cam and pre-season - this decision is just as inexplicable given his performance the first two games of the regular season.

But, at least, the situation is being evaluated. This gives me hope that Fitzpatrick is now on a shorter-leash than he was to begin the season.

It is too early to jump on Flores for some of his decisions and the way things are going - I will give the guy the benefit of the doubt - he is handling things as best as possible considering the current state of the team.

I expect him to make the appropriate adjustments going forward based on what he is saying today. I think he saw a couple of areas of the team improve yesterday - which helped him get a clearer picture of where our biggest problems lie(QB - more than any other spot) -- if Fitzpatrick continues to be the weakest-link, he will be benched.

A knock on Rosen beyond his youth and his inexperience is -- his lack of mobility - but I see that as a positive given what we have seen from Fitzpatrick thus far. I think with Rosen being less mobile he will stand in the pocket more and be more methodical in his decision making. Even more, if he starts - I think it will help the running game. Given Rosens lack of mobility, the Fins will likely lean on the run more which is going to help the running game and opening things up further in the offense.

Bye week is week 5 for the Dolphins. If Fitzpatrick doesn't make significant progress and adjustments to his play by then, I think Rosen becomes the starter after the bye even if the Dolphins are able to pull off a win or two before then.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As inexplicable as the decision was to start the season given his performance at the midway point of cam and pre-season - this decision is just as inexplicable given his performance the first two games of the regular season.

But, at least, the situation is being evaluated. This gives me hope that Fitzpatrick is now on a shorter-leash than he was to begin the season.

It is too early to jump on Flores for some of his decisions and the way things are going - I will give the guy the benefit of the doubt - he is handling things as best as possible considering the current state of the team.

I expect him to make the appropriate adjustments going forward based on what he is saying today. I think he saw a couple of areas of the team improve yesterday - which helped him get a clearer picture of where our biggest problems lie(QB - more than any other spot) -- if Fitzpatrick continues to be the weakest-link, he will be benched.

A knock on Rosen beyond his youth and his inexperience is -- his lack of mobility - but I see that as a positive given what we have seen from Fitzpatrick thus far. I think with Rosen being less mobile he will stand in the pocket more and be more methodical in his decision making. Even more, if he starts - I think it will help the running game. Given Rosens lack of mobility, the Fins will likely lean on the run more which is going to help the running game and opening things up further in the offense.

Bye week is week 5 for the Dolphins. If Fitzpatrick doesn't make significant progress and adjustments to his play by then, I think Rosen becomes the starter after the bye even if the Dolphins are able to pull off a win or two before then.
I don't agree with Flores on this Rosen should be starting Fitz is holding back progress. I honestly don't see Fitz moving around any more than Rosen and Rosen has ten times the arm. Enough is enough time to move on.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Steelers have traded a 2020 1st round pick to the Dolphins for Minkah Fitzpatrick.

Of the handful of teams rumored to have been interested, I think the Dolphins went in the best direction they possibly could considering the direction of the franchise at the moment. With Big Ben done for the year, the Steelers may also end up with a high 1st round pick - so this gives the Dolphins more ammo to rebuild through the draft.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kenyan Drake has been also rumored to be potentially traded - I think we could get great value for him - such as another 1st round pick and maybe a player.

Bobby McCain has been the subject of rumors as well - but Ive not heard much with him as far as potential return.

Then there is Reshad Jones -- As I have said before, as good as he has been in his career -- he is in the late stages of his career - so I don't expect we would get too much for him.

Devante Parker has been the subject before, as well -- due to his injury issues and lack of productivity because of it - we may get 1st -3rd round pick for him.

I think this would round out the list of players next in line to get traded from the Fins - if and when these guys are moved, I think that would pretty much put to rest all the trade distractions - as that would leave the more younger and inexperienced guys on the roster for the team to continue their rebuild with.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Steelers have traded a 2020 1st round pick to the Dolphins for Minkah Fitzpatrick.

Of the handful of teams rumored to have been interested, I think the Dolphins went in the best direction they possibly could considering the direction of the franchise at the moment. With Big Ben done for the year, the Steelers may also end up with a high 1st round pick - so this gives the Dolphins more ammo to rebuild through the draft.
Definitely like this better than the boys Pitt may end up in the top 10. They also get two more years on the draft picks contract and it's not like Minkah was lighting it up. I would have kept him don't get me wrong but a potential top ten pick you can't go wrong. He was whining about shit anyways not a good attitude.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kenyan Drake has been also rumored to be potentially traded - I think we could get great value for him - such as another 1st round pick and maybe a player.

Bobby McCain has been the subject of rumors as well - but Ive not heard much with him as far as potential return.

Then there is Reshad Jones -- As I have said before, as good as he has been in his career -- he is in the late stages of his career - so I don't expect we would get too much for him.

Devante Parker has been the subject before, as well -- due to his injury issues and lack of productivity because of it - we may get 1st -3rd round pick for him.

I think this would round out the list of players next in line to get traded from the Fins - if and when these guys are moved, I think that would pretty much put to rest all the trade distractions - as that would leave the more younger and inexperienced guys on the roster for the team to continue their rebuild with.
I don't think they'd get that much for those guys RB's done hold value and Parker has been crap. Jones would have been moved earlier but he's getting older and injury prone. Although who knows desperate teams make bad trades. I'd be ok with keeping the other guys and hope that they turn the corner. Drake especially....

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In more uplifting news, Adam Gase' Jets are getting embarrassed by the Browns - as he losses another QB with his pass happy offense.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they'd get that much for those guys RB's done hold value and Parker has been crap. Jones would have been moved earlier but he's getting older and injury prone. Although who knows desperate teams make bad trades. I'd be ok with keeping the other guys and hope that they turn the corner. Drake especially....

If his problem in Miami was being asked to be a versatile player -- its going to be an even bigger issue in a defensive scheme like that of the Steelers. If he didn't like competing and having to work hard -- its not going to be any better for him in Pit.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If his problem in Miami was being asked to be a versatile player -- its going to be an even bigger issue in a defensive scheme like that of the Steelers. If he didn't like competing and having to work hard -- its not going to be any better for him in Pit.
Exactly....Pitt may fall apart this year as well and have no picks to show for it!

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Drake- maybe a 3rd, more likely a 4th or 5th, for a PT player in a contract year.

Parker- no way they get 1-3 for him. Best case would be a 6th he has done nothing in his career and can’t stay on the field.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Full trade details .

It would be something— it would make the heads of some people here explode if the Dolphins did end up with the first pick - and , with all this capital, traded it away to move down in the draft and passed on Tua.

By the way , I mentioned before that with Fitzpatrick gone it might put to rest all the “ trade me “ distractions aside — but— there are talks that some players who do want to stick around , are growing annoyed with Ryan Fitzpatrick at QB due to his great lack of productivity— more players , particularly on offense may want to boltif a change at QB isn’t made soon enough .

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In non-Dolphins QB news, the Giants have benched Eli Manning for Daniel Jones - another guy that was thought to be a target in the draft for the Fins.

Meanwhile, the Dolphins are sticking with Ryan Fitzpatrick - but I still have hope that it might change later this week - if not soon enough.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First Adam Gase loses his QB to mano - now losses his backup to a season ending ankle injury - Luke Falk his newest victim.

The QB whisperer

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First Adam Gase loses his QB to mano - now losses his backup to a season ending ankle injury - Luke Falk his newest victim.

The QB whisperer
that cracks me up couldn't happen to a nicer guy or franchise at least the Fins have a wealth of picks and cap those guys are now screwed...

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of importance, I am sure MOST of my fellow Fins when its said and done for draft positioning.

This is one of the many reasons the idea of tanking is idiotic and unnecessary.

Something to consider moving forward.

tenor.gif

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nice get for a rebuilding team that is supposedly tanking according to some. This is like the Robert Nkemdiche pick up - low-risk/high reward type pickup considering it didn't cost the Fins nothing to get him.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nice get for a rebuilding team that is supposedly tanking according to some. This is like the Robert Nkemdiche pick up - low-risk/high reward type pickup considering it didn't cost the Fins nothing to get him.
Funny I was chatting with some boys fans and at first they were hoping for a 6th then he was waived so the Fins got him for salary only. Doesn't hurt to give him a second chance he'll get to play which is what he wanted in Dallas. Hopefully he'll seize the opportunity starting on Sunday against his former team!

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The future for our beloved Miami Dolphins has arrived -- FINALLY.

We will now get to see what we have in Rosen for the rest of the season.

First of all, like I said above -- FINALLY. Secondly, considering the hit he took against the Cheatriots, its good to see what he is not going to miss any time.

As I have been saying in prior games, the offense is going to look and be handled a lot different with Rosen under center than with Fitzpatrick. Throughout the off-season I mentioned how the Dolphins would take a more methodical approach to the offense with a defensive minded HC like Flores - that approach will work even better with Rosen under center.

I think the running game will be prioritized in the way that is necessary and expected for the rest of the offense to be successful.

The offensive line is still an issue, no doubt - but - I think with a more methodical approach that the offense will take, will help the OL gradually find its rhythm in both run and pass protection.

The future is now -- And there WILL be light at the end of the tunnel.