• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Miami Dolphins @ Buffalo Bills Week 17 Regular Season Game Thread

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They first have to identify who that "ultimate pick is" Hopefully a QB.
so when Tanny was their QB it was all his fault too under your theory? Not the oline, not gase, not the lack of offensive playmakers...etc...??? I guess it's always the QB's fault even when they are a rookie coming off a major injury. How is throwing another rookie QB into this equation going to solve it? Don't you think adding more of the above talent is a wiser move at this stage?

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This "hunch" served as a good laugh.
I have no problem being wrong. That's just part of being human.

I may even be wrong about Tua's potential. Herbert has made me wonder if the Fins made the wrong decision. I liked Herbert too but expected more from Tua.

The Fins have a big decision this offseason. If Tua is truly the franchise guy they should take Sewell then get best WR & best RB and ride with their QB. If he's not the player to lead the offense then they have a rare chance for a do over. Top 5 picks don't usually come along often for borderline playoff teams. If there is enough QB depth the team may be able to walk the fence and pick another QB in the 2nd round rather than pick him at pick 3. They then could have an open competition over the next two years.

I think it's going to take a great offense to overcome the Bills or the Chiefs. These teams are nearly unstoppable.

Last edited:

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I may even be wrong about Tua's potential. Herbert has made me wonder if the Fins made the wrong decision. I liked Herbert too but expected more from Tua.

The Fins have a big decision this offseason. If Tua is truly the franchise guy they should take Sewell then get best WR & best RB and ride with their QB. If he's not the player to lead the offense then they have a rare chance for a do over. Top 5 picks don't usually come along often for borderline playoff teams. If there is enough QB depth the team may be able to walk the fence and pick another QB in the 2nd round rather than pick him at pick 3. They then could have an open competition over the next two years.

I think it's going to take a great offense to overcome the Bills or the Chiefs. These teams are nearly unstoppable.
If Fins want to go QB in 2021 they need to pull that trigger with the 3rd pick or maybe trade down a bit to a team that is QB needy as well. The only teams that I think would consider a QB that would make sense are Carolina and Detroit 7th and 8th, or maybe Denver 9th or SF at 12. Those may want to jump up and get Fields or Wilson. Fins than may be able to grab Lance or Jones with the lower swapped pick and possibly get that teams pick on 2nd round, three picks on 2nd round would be great. After those 5 QB's I really see no value in any other QB's left after those 5. Trask looked bad in bowl game, Purdy from Iowa St, would be available in 2nd or 3rd round, possibly good potential.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pick 3 is a big decision. That's usually not a pick for a backup QB. The team said Tua is our QB recently. Tua could just need more reps to develop. I would be more inclined to pick a QB later.

The Fins could also get a FA QB as an option.

Even if the Jets decide to trade down there could still be a good trade down offer at pick 3. There are a number of teams that need QBs. Mac Jones may be available with a trade down

The Fins can get just about any player that they want to help Tua's development and the offense. They could pick D Smith at pick 3 and still have pick 18 for another position for example. They could get both Smith and Harris or Etienne in the first round. The Oline wasn't bad so they don't have to pick Sewell. He's just a very good option.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Herbert is the truth. He would have gotten more credit for his season had he been on a contending team.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Herbert got plenty of credit. Congratulations to him.

It's still way too early to give up on Tua.

How many rookie QBs have beaten the Pats?

Allen is on his 3rd year. His first year wasn't impressive. That's not uncommon for a rookie QB.

Tua overcame major hip surgery and had no preseason games. He had a winning record on his first year. After another year of developing and with more and healthier talent in skill positions for him to work with he could take it to another level.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Herbert got plenty of credit. Congratulations to him.

It's still way too early to give up on Tua.

How many rookie QBs have beaten the Pats?

Allen is on his 3rd year. His first year wasn't impressive. That's not uncommon for a rookie QB.

Tua overcame major hip surgery and had no preseason games. He had a winning record on his first year. After another year of developing and with more and healthier talent in skill positions for him to work with he could take it to another level.

I think the big difference was not just Herbert got the start from game 2, their two top WR's are good and played a good part of the season. Allen is a top 10 wide out and Williams is not far behind.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Herbert is a great QB but I don't think the Fins are worried about him if they have to play again. Here's the stat line between Tua & Herbert.

PassingYdsTDIntSackYdsLQBRat
Justin Herbert1872121386.3
PassingYdsTDIntSackYdsLQBRat
Tua Tagovailoa1692000106.9