• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Miami Dolphins 2022-2023 Regular Season Week 4 @ Cincinnati Bengals Game Thread

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fins face a short week on the road .

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fins 3 wins 0 losses. The Fins defense was the main reason in games 1 and 3 for the win. Fins offense was the reason for the win in game 2.

The Fins offense will need to play well vs the Bengals to keep the streak going. The defense was on the field a lot plus it's a short week. The good news is the Fins get extra time to rest and prepare going into week 5 vs the Jets.

The Fins defensive players showed a lot of
heart.

Edmonds showed his toughness. He took the big hit and then scored a TD on the next play. Tua showed his toughness too. Lots of Fins players did. Little and Armstrong included

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFLPA has told the NFL that it wants to initiate a review of the concussion protocols in light of Tua Tagovailoa’s return to today’s game in Miami, per source.

Per Adam Schefter

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFLPA has told the NFL that it wants to initiate a review of the concussion protocols in light of Tua Tagovailoa’s return to today’s game in Miami, per source.

Per Adam Schefter
Tua and the medical personnel are saying that he has a back injury. I know firsthand that a back injury can effect movement. It was very painful I am sure but he was able to play through it. He had his back wrapped at the press conference. I am hoping that it doesn't linger. With all due respect to Bridgewater they are a lot better with Tua. He had the game winning drive which included a deep throw to Waddle. He's a tough guy.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tua and the medical personnel are saying that he has a back injury. I know firsthand that a back injury can effect movement. It was very painful I am sure but he was able to play through it. He had his back wrapped at the press conference. I am hoping that it doesn't linger. With all due respect to Bridgewater they are a lot better with Tua. He had the game winning drive which included a deep throw to Waddle. He's a tough guy.
If Tua can't go on Thu it will be tough sledding. Who knows what happened but Tua coming back showed that he can fight through injuries.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would rest Tua next game even if it means a loss. It's a long season. It looked like Tua experienced a concussion. A back injury needs rest also. The next game is less than a week away. Bridgewater has won games before although he has yet to look impressive. He may play better with more practice time. Thompson looked great but they may choose to wait until next year for him to play unless Bridgewater gets injured.

FYI The Fins could get fined 150k and have to attend training on concussions if it is determined that they broke the concussion protocol.

Last edited:

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a head/neck injury— you don’t see player wobble around that way otherwise . Even I will say that anyone saying that it was a back injury is as reckless as praising him as “tough “ for playing through such an injury . We have to get out of this habit of thinking proving “toughness “ accomplishes anything . We are talking about an injury to areas of the body that could have severe long term effects . And that should be of even greater concern with a guy with his injury history . Coaches have to protect players from themselves sometimes— that comes in during injuries like these . And , if coaches won’t do it — the league has to step in . That said , through three weeks of the season , I can tell McDaniel is the type of coach that will make a coaching decision based on what he thinks will make him and the team seem “tough “ rather than smart . He calls plays based on trying to make the team look tough rather than smart — thus far , the team has gotten lucky to play against defenses that have been severely short handed — and they’ve taken advantage of it — but that will only last so long . We will see if that approach works against a tougher , more complete defense — on a short week.

As for potential disciplinary action , if any —I don’t know if any previous disciplinary action taken against the team for other matters will affect any potential decision in this situation. We will see .

I would assume the team will be informed about something within the next 72 hours before game day .

As for the upcoming game itself , if he plays — I fully expect the Bengals to place a target all over him and expose all his vulnerabilities.

Last edited:

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would rest Tua next game even if it means a loss. It's a long season. It looked like Tua experienced a concussion. A back injury needs rest also. The next game is less than a week away. Bridgewater has won games before although he has yet to look impressive. He may play better with more practice time. Thompson looked great but they may choose to wait until next year for him to play unless Bridgewater gets injured.

FYI The Fins could get fined 150k and have to attend training on concussions if it is determined that they broke the concussion protocol.
I get the feeling , at minimum, the league will say the protocols were not adequately followed in this situation. What they will do beyond that —- we will see .

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get the feeling , at minimum, the league will say the protocols were not adequately followed in this situation. What they will do beyond that —- we will see .
How? There is an independent neurologist who makes the final call if he said Tua was not concussed then that's what it is. If he was wrong hos is that the Fins fault?

As per toughness this is football. Every guy on D said that seeing Tua come running out inspired them. He then proceeded to throw a bomb and won the game so there's that. McD said he'd never put his players at risk and I believe him he's not dummy its a long year. I'm ok with sitting Tua if he's not good to go no use putting him in there if he's half ass like herbert was last sunday.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per Paolo - He calls plays based on trying to make the team look tough rather than smart

Again, Paolo doesn't disappoint. How do you call plays to make team look tough??

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tua showed so much composure in the game. It was 3rd and 22 and he made his best deep throw of the game to Waddle. The coverage wasn't bad it was just a great throw. McD called the TD pass to Cracraft Tua's best throw of the year. He threaded the needle with that throw with excellent timing. How about Cracraft? He seems to be in the right spot all the time. No wonder he has 2 TDs in his last two games. The Fins still have the very talented WR EZ getting ready to make an impact.

The Fins offense will be rested and ready for this game. They didn't play a lot of snaps. Hill is due for another big game. Mostert is also due. These guys are so talented. Waddle in a word has been consistent. I expected Edmonds to be the most productive back what I didn't realize was how fast he is. Gesicki is another player due. That said, the Fins could try to feature the running game more. I know that McD has been putting in a lot of time to develop a game plan.

The Fins showed a gutsy effort to keep making plays in the red zone. Hopefully, they don't let the Bengals have long drives. It's going to be tough. The Bengals have a talented group of players.

Last edited:

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's determined that Tua isn't at risk for further injury they may play him. He will have a week and a half off after the game.

I had a lot of confidence in Bridgewater when he first joined the team, especially for what he did with the Saints. He hasn't looked confident, ready or in control.

The team knows they can win with Tua.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per Paolo - He calls plays based on trying to make the team look tough rather than smart

Again, Paolo doesn't disappoint. How do you call plays to make team look tough??
You could have the punter tuck the ball under his shirt and walk through the linebackers to get to the endzone?

Bet you haven't seen that lately!

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could have the punter tuck the ball under his shirt and walk through the linebackers to get to the endzone?

Bet you haven't seen that lately!
Haven't seen that one, butt saw when the coach called the play for the punter to have him kick the ball a players butt. That was certainly making the team look tough !!

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't seen that one, butt saw when the coach called the play for the punter to have him kick the ball a players butt. That was certainly making the team look tough !!
I think the safety actually helped the Fins. Morstead nailed the next punt and ultimately the Bills ran out of time.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3