• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Miami Dolphins 2021 Off-Season Thread

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tua will be the Fins starting QB. The team will surround him with skilled offensive players. The only way this doesn't happen is with a Watson trade.

I would give Tua Alabama level talent (along with the talented players that the Fins already have) and see what he can do. He is used to throwing to open receivers like Smith and handing the ball off to a powerful RB. Gaskin and Ahmed would be great complementary backs.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matthew Stafford and the Lions will mutually part ways. He can emerge as a veteran option for the Fins if Fitzpatrick retires and while the Dolphins develop their QB of the future after finding him in the draft. This, of course, if Watson decides to go back to Houston or the Jets.
Fitz is not retiring or returning to the Phins. Trading for Stafford would cost thr Phins Tua and trading a young developing QB for a 33 year old who's spent a lot of time on the sideline in the past three years isn't the brst way to move up a notch.

Watson says that he wants to go to the Jets and you Phins fans should be happy about that. The last thing Flores needs is a player who wants team moves as part of his responsibilities.

With #3 and #18 the Phins have a great position. There are 3 or 4 teams that want a QB in the top 10 and will be calling. The Panthers will probably offer the #8 and #40 (2nd) to move up to #3 and get Fields or Wilson. At #8 Waddle should be avaiable Flores will be able to either move #8 or #18 and pick up more 2nd round picks. It should be a talent stacking year for the Dolphins and it will take them deep into the playoffs.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With #3 and #18 the Phins have a great position. There are 3 or 4 teams that want a QB in the top 10 and will be calling. The Panthers will probably offer the #8 and #40 (2nd) to move up to #3 and get Fields or Wilson. At #8 Waddle should be avaiable Flores will be able to either move #8 or #18 and pick up more 2nd round picks. It should be a talent stacking year for the Dolphins and it will take them deep into the playoffs.

Waddle could be the next Hill and that's intriguing. However, he could also be plagued with injuries in his career. The Fins already have a very talented WR now in that category (Parker) I would rather take my chances with Smith and not overuse him. I doubt the Fins can get both Waddle and Smith. I wouldn't trade down too far and miss picking Smith.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think a lot of people forget how good Chase is bc he sat out the year. I would take him over Smith no question. Built for the NFL game.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think a lot of people forget how good Chase is bc he sat out the year. I would take him over Smith no question. Built for the NFL game.
I like Chase a lot. He is a #1 WR. He is at least as good as Parker probably better. However, Tua isn't comfortable throwing the ball up for grabs. He needs a slot WR that gets open quickly. That is what Smith does.

William, Parker & Chase are all similar. Chase has less injury concerns but these guys are primarily used as outside receivers.

I don't think the Fins would go wrong picking Chase, however. I think they would still need a slot WR.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Chase a lot. He is a #1 WR. He is at least as good as Parker probably better. However, Tua isn't comfortable throwing the ball up for grabs. He needs a slot WR that gets open quickly. That is what Smith does.

William, Parker & Chase are all similar. Chase has less injury concerns but these guys are primarily used as outside receivers.

I don't think the Fins would go wrong picking Chase, however. I think they would still need a slot WR.
You know I advocated for Tua from day one so with all due respect tough cookies if he doesn’t like throwing to receivers that are covered. This is the NFL. Receivers will not be running wide ass open like they do at Bama. Either he adapts to the pro game or the Dolphins move on.

smith’s frame is frightening. Can he take nfl hits? Can he consistently beat a jam and not throw off the timing of the play. These are my concerns.

Parker and Williams have played in and can play in the slot when called upon. Look at Adams in Green Bay, he lines up in the slot all the time and is considered an outside receiver primarily.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know I advocated for Tua from day one so with all due respect tough cookies if he doesn’t like throwing to receivers that are covered. This is the NFL. Receivers will not be running wide ass open like they do at Bama. Either he adapts to the pro game or the Dolphins move on.

smith’s frame is frightening. Can he take nfl hits? Can he consistently beat a jam and not throw off the timing of the play. These are my concerns.

Parker and Williams have played in and can play in the slot when called upon. Look at Adams in Green Bay, he lines up in the slot all the time and is considered an outside receiver primarily.

I understand what you are saying. Tua needs to adapt his game. He has to learn to trust that Parker and Gesicki are going to win contested passes more often than not. He favored Williams because defenses focused on those guys which led to Williams getting open.

Having a shifty WR who gets open quickly causes matchup problems for defenses and could lead to more opportunities for the other receivers to make plays. That's the value of Smith in addition to more first downs. No college team stopped Smith all year. He will be able to get open in the NFL.

I agree that Chase is built for the pro game. I watch a lot of LSU. Chase gets YAC consistently and is an excellent blocker which could help the running game to make big plays. Chase is the reason that the Fins could be able to trade down 3 or 4 spots and still get an elite WR.

The Fins may not be picking early if they have the chance to trade for Watson.

Last edited:

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford for Goff move made. Not official until March. But there go two veteran options off the board for the Dolphins

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford for Goff move made. Not official until March. But there go two veteran options off the board for the Dolphins
The Fins could draft a QB to backup Tua or they could sign a different vet QB. There are a lot of them available.

I rewatched Tua's highlights. There is no question in my mind that he looks like a solid NFL QB. I have seen a lot of rookie QBs play worse. He's mobile enough, & accurate enough. I think he just needs to keep getting stronger. If you watch him in the Cardinals game for example. His play carried the team when they needed to score a lot of points. He hasn't played with Parker and Gesicki a lot and you can see he is already building chemistry with these guys. Last year he was being compared to a 16 year veteran who had played a full year on the team before. He didn't have a training camp & had just recovered from major injury. As a fan base we gave Tannehill a lot more time and patience. I think this upcoming season will tell us a lot more about Tua than last year. A trade involving Watson is the only reason that I wouldn't start Tua. All players improve after their rookie year. He has the drive to keep getting better & he will have more weapons to work with and more depth at the skill positions after the draft.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Fins could draft a QB to backup Tua or they could sign a different vet QB. There are a lot of them available.

I rewatched Tua's highlights. There is no question in my mind that he looks like a solid NFL QB. I have seen a lot of rookie QBs play worse. He's mobile enough, & accurate enough. I think he just needs to keep getting stronger. If you watch him in the Cardinals game for example. His play carried the team when they needed to score a lot of points. He hasn't played with Parker and Gesicki a lot and you can see he is already building chemistry with these guys. Last year he was being compared to a 16 year veteran who had played a full year on the team before. He didn't have a training camp & had just recovered from major injury. As a fan base we gave Tannehill a lot more time and patience. I think this upcoming season will tell us a lot more about Tua than last year. A trade involving Watson is the only reason that I wouldn't start Tua. All players improve after their rookie year. He has the drive to keep getting better & he will have more weapons to work with and more depth at the skill positions after the draft.
Not even a question you need to give rookies at least 2-3 years but I'm not against hedging my bet and taking another QB later in the draft. Maybe third round or so unless someone really good drops to the second round but I'd only do that if they acquire more picks in a trade back scenario. They should be doing this at 3 unless someone falls to them that hey absolutely love like Sewell.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Fins promoted Godsey and Studesville to a shared OC role. I like the decision. It brings consistently to the offense. Both of these guys are good coaches that can help the offense to improve as they develop as coaches.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Fins promoted Godsey and Studesville to a shared OC role. I like the decision. It brings consistently to the offense. Both of these guys are good coaches that can help the offense to improve as they develop as coaches.
If you have 2 OC's you don't have one.....

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you have 2 OC's you don't have one.....

Let's see how it works before we pass judgment. Having more offensive weapons will help. The Fins are in position to upgrade some talent in key positions. That makes the coaches job easier.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's see how it works before we pass judgment. Having more offensive weapons will help. The Fins are in position to upgrade some talent in key positions. That makes the coaches job easier.
We'll see. Your Patriots coaching staff has done a great job so far......

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am glad that the Pats didn't promote and keep Flores. If he keeps getting better letting him go could have been a huge mistake by the Pats. He is right in the AFC East.

Last edited:

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am glad that the Pats didn't promote and keep Flores. If he keeps getting better letting him go could have been a huge mistake by the Pats. He is right in the AFC East.
Bill is very good selecting coaches. Flores is missed.
In BB's defense, he gives staff time for promotions so they don't fail. Usually.
Flores is the shining light in BB's coaching tree.
He'll make some mistakes, all do. I believe he'll continue to get better......

As far as the "mistake" bill wasn't holding him back.
Loyal staff that does not continue making the same mistakes get rewarded.
Down in Houston on the other hand......

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, It is not DeShaun Watson but Jacoby Brissett is not a bad choice with Fitzpatrick gone -- he can be a solid bridge QB until the Dolphins can finally find their franchise guy.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, It is not DeShaun Watson but Jacoby Brissett is not a bad choice with Fitzpatrick gone -- he can be a solid bridge QB until the Dolphins can finally find their franchise guy.
I think Brissett is a backup or camp competition for Tua.....

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1