• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Miami Dolphins 2020 Undrafted Free Agents Thread

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Post related news here

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Fins are actively signing UFAs.

One of the players that has a good chance of earning a spot on the team is DT Benito Jones. He's disruptive.

OG Donell Stanley is another player to watch. Like the other linemen added so far he has good size. He gained a lot of experience during 6 years in college. He's played mostly Center but also LG & RG. He was a team captain.

DE Tyshun Render also has a chance to make the team.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yahoo Sports has some interesting info on the other UFAs:

Kansas State offensive lineman Nick Kaltmayer also agreed to a deal with the Dolphins, per a source. The 6-8, 311-pounder was a backup his first two seasons and then started all 13 games at right tackle and was named Honorable Mention All-Big 12 last season.

▪ Bryce Sterk, an All American defensive end at Montana State (FCS), is signing with the Dolphins as a tight end, per a source.

He hasn’t played tight end since high school in Washington state. The Dolphins decided the 6-5, 266 pounder is worth a look at tight end.

He began his career at Washington, then transferred after two years to Montana State. In 2018, Sterk led the Big Sky with 8.5 sacks and 17 tackles for loss as a linebacker/defensive lineman hybrid.

He moved to defensive end as a senior, and his 15 sacks tied for the lead in the FCS.

▪ Per sources, the Dolphins agreed to terms with Iowa State 305-pound defensive lineman Ray Lima, who had 10.5 career tackles for loss. Last season, he had 28 tackles, including 2.5 for loss and the only half sack of his career.

▪ According to a source, the Dolphins agreed to terms with Arkansas State receiver Kirk Merritt, who had 70 catches for 806 yards and 12 TDs last season. He had offers from 14 teams.

The 6-0 Merritt began his career at Oregon in 2015, where he caught five passes for 61 yards.

He transferred and thrived at Arkansas State, where he caught 83 passes for 1005 yards and seven touchdowns in 2018 and then had another strong season last year.

He can play slot and boundary and return kicks. Merritt averaged 25.3 yards on 27 career kick returns (nearly all of those at Arkansas State) and had one TD on a return.

“The Dolphins just picked up an absolute monster,” Anderson tweeted Saturday night.

▪ Division II McKendree University announced Saturday night that the Dolphins have signed wide receiver Matt Cole, who had 43 catches for 939 yards and 12 TDs last season and excelled as a returner.

He averaged 35.4 yards on kick returns in 2018 and 27.2 on kick returns last season. He also averaged an incredible 26 yards on punt returns last season.

The 5-9, 197-pound Cole impressed as a guest participant at Northwestern’s pro day on March 10, running a 4.48 in the 40-yard dash and posting a 37.5-inch vertical jump. He wasn’t invited to the NFL Combine.

Athlon rated him the 47th best receiver prospect in this draft class and one of only two non-Division I players on their list of top 60 receivers. He began his career as a gymnast in Chicago.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brian Flores is going to make Floridians forget the name Shula. He and Chris Grier are working perfectly together.

Odd isn't it? They both have Patriots heritage. Flores was with the pats for 14 years and Grier's Father was the Pats GM .

Personally, I think yesterday's draft was an A++. They picked intelligently and cautiosly and made every pick count.

I predict that the Phins will actually beat the Bills and win the AFC East in 2020. Not sure if they will have the horses to make it past either the Ravens or the Chiefs and get to the AFCCG but they will be kicking the door. You guys will be fun to watch this year.

Good Luck.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks. I have been thinking that this offseason seems like a Pats build with the vision.
I was thinking Bills in 2020 and Fins in 2021 or 2022 for the AFC East title. The Pats have a chance too but Stidham is good I am not sure if he will be great.

I am starting to think that the Fins have a legit chance this year to win the AFC East in 2020. The Fins will need a more balanced offense with a running game and Fitzpatrick will need to minimize turnovers. I would be happy for him after what he has persevered through in his career.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks. I have been thinking that this offseason seems like a Pats build with the vision.
I was thinking Bills in 2020 and Fins in 2021 or 2022 for the AFC East title. The Pats have a chance too but Stidham is good I am not sure if he will be great.

I am starting to think that the Fins have a legit chance this year to win the AFC East in 2020. The Fins will need a more balanced offense with a running game and Fitzpatrick will need to minimize turnovers. I would be happy for him after what he has persevered through in his career.
You just never know as they were looking decent at the tail end of last season and the talent is vastly improved. Great off-season so far. It feels like they are ahead of schedule right now so the skies the limit.