• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Metal Gear Solid V

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else playing? Amazing open world combining elements of MGS 3 play.. Love it.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My friend from work said its really really good

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is by far the best next gen game. Game of the year would be an understatement.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good year for games, Witcher 3, Metal Gear Solid V, and Fallout 4 looks like it will be great.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have it but haven't started, I keep hearing how awesome it is. I never played Ground Zeroes so I did that last night. Cool, but wow was that short.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ill pick this up next year when Gamestop will have 10 million used copies all stacked up just like every other Metal Gear.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fun so far but I am shot at stealth games, more of a guns blazing player but I'm trying to get down the concept.

That hospital level was WOW

Never played a MGS, but looked up the story so far and its really fucky

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have done 5 missions so far and have really been enjoying it. Still trying to figure out the mother base stuff.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have done 5 missions so far and have really been enjoying it. Still trying to figure out the mother base stuff.
Conceptually it's a pretty simple layout.

The more resources you obtain the more you can expand your base and develop new weapons and items. The larger your base becomes the more it produces and processes as far as materials resources go. With each upgrade the max amount of soldiers in specific area (like R&D for example) increases which in turn ranks up your grade in that department which gives you the option to develop new items. Eventually you'll be able to send out teams of guys on your Mother Base to do side missions to collect resources and gain GMP. I believe the more missions you send your guys out on the more they rank up as well.

After mission 22 (I think) you get an FOB base which is exactly like Mother Base but in a different location. You can go on missions to steal stuff from other people's FOB bases and vice versa. The way you defend your FOB can be pretty detailed though. You can control what armor your guys wear, if you want drones, if you want security cameras, what kinds of weapons your guys have somewhat, what areas of the platform you want security to focus their attention on, etc.

Last edited:

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conceptually it's a pretty simple layout.

The more resources you obtain the more you can expand your base and develop new weapons and items. The larger your base becomes the more it produces and processes as far as materials resources go. With each upgrade the max amount of soldiers in specific area (like R&D for example) increases which in turn ranks up your grade in that department which gives you the option to develop new items. Eventually you'll be able to send out teams of guys on your Mother Base to do side missions to collect resources and gain GMP. I believe the more missions you send your guys out on the more they rank up as well.

After mission 22 (I think) you get an FOB base which is exactly like Mother Base but in a different location. You can go on missions to steal stuff from other people's FOB bases and vice versa. The way you defend your FOB can be pretty detailed though. You can control what armor your guys wear, if you want drones, if you want security cameras, what kinds of weapons your guys have somewhat, what areas of the platform you want security to focus their attention on, etc.

Thanks. I guess I was trying to figure out the Mother Base stuff all at once. After the next couple of missions I completed more information was given after the missions. More groups became available to put people in and now I have the option to send people on ops. If I was patient all would have been explained, or at least most.

Really fun game.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over all the game is great, its been a lot of fun. However the second half of the the game (post mission 31) is a real mess. For ever new story mission there seems to be 2 missions that are just previous missions with new criteria. Why? You could go black and replay the earlier missions at any time to improve your score. The game already is plenty long and a great value. Instead of 50 missions, just have the game be 36 missions with no retreads.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over all the game is great, its been a lot of fun. However the second half of the the game (post mission 31) is a real mess. For ever new story mission there seems to be 2 missions that are just previous missions with new criteria. Why? You could go black and replay the earlier missions at any time to improve your score. The game already is plenty long and a great value. Instead of 50 missions, just have the game be 36 missions with no retreads.
From what I researched, Kojima and Konami had a fallen out and wasn't able to complete the game. There was already a huge budget involved and Konami seems to be pursuing other markets rather than core game development. Not to mention Kojima was fired during development.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I researched, Kojima and Konami had a fallen out and wasn't able to complete the game. There was already a huge budget involved and Konami seems to be pursuing other markets rather than core game development. Not to mention Kojima was fired during development.

I read some of the same things. I still do not know why they padded the game with previous missions with increased difficulty.