• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Messiah

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Figure another week or so before we can start talking openly without using the spoiler tag...

if he is a charlatan, than how did he know about the tornados with enough time to get from Israel to Texas? I believe we only know enough about them now to only get less than an hour’s warning. Flying from Israel to America, even assuming all government agencies are involved, would take about 13 hours, I think.

The shot kid needs no explanation. Too easy to fake.

Walking on the mirror pool in the Mall, while totally possible, needs prep time and a team. No way would the platform be able to be erected and disassembled without anyone knowing (US government included). And yes, bad writing/editing/whatever not actually showing him walking on the water. And all the phones that we saw filming it were only filming him from the waist up. Not likely.

His people skills CAN be explained away, to a point. He could have studied dossiers on the key figures (certainly the CIA chick and the Mossad dude for starters). The prostitute could be explained away with some high-level charisma. Fake mediums do that kind of shit all the time.

I am not a religious scholar by any means. I actually consider myself atheist/agnostic. But I assume there were some allegories hidden in the show that I was unable to pick up on. It would be interesting to hear from some religious nuts on what they thought about the show.

Regarding the walking on water, he mentioned before that people will believe what they want to believe and see what they want to see (paraphrasing). True believers that he is the Messiah will see him walk on water, while the skeptics will see it as a trick. The editing was done to allow the viewer to determine what they believe and maintain the level of confusion whether he is the second coming of Jesus or the Antichrist.

The Antichrist/False Prophet is one that will come before Jesus to deceive the world with great signs and omens to lead astray. He's currently showing these signs. Whether they are miracles or tricks are yet to be fully determined.

There has been several instances where he has misquoted the holy text(s) in the show, which led to some considering him the false prophet.

This is likely the intent of the show's editing thus far to keep one guessing by providing snipets here or there that could reinforce their own viewpoint.

I have a feeling that this confusion will continue and the show may end without it being answered. Much like how other shows ended with questions left unanswered and still debated years later.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn’t they say that he stood in the opening storm for “a month”? Couldn’t that allude to him standing there for 40 days and 40 nights? Then he led his people to the promised land (Jerusalem). All very Moses-like, so that could be the Jewish tie-in.

no spoiler since all that happens in ep 1...

I mean... I won't deny the possibility of that, but I think that reference was one of Islam an not Christianity. The 40 days and 40 nights is of the flood in the old testament of the bible. Those were Muslims saying that, so I don't think it is tied to that, but there is a chance.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean... I won't deny the possibility of that, but I think that reference was one of Islam an not Christianity. The 40 days and 40 nights is of the flood in the old testament of the bible. Those were Muslims saying that, so I don't think it is tied to that, but there is a chance.
LOL

well, I did say I wasn’t a religious scholar.

Wasn’t there some “40” connection with Moses?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regarding the walking on water, he mentioned before that people will believe what they want to believe and see what they want to see (paraphrasing). True believers that he is the Messiah will see him walk on water, while the skeptics will see it as a trick. The editing was done to allow the viewer to determine what they believe and maintain the level of confusion whether he is the second coming of Jesus or the Antichrist.

The Antichrist/False Prophet is one that will come before Jesus to deceive the world with great signs and omens to lead astray. He's currently showing these signs. Whether they are miracles or tricks are yet to be fully determined.

There has been several instances where he has misquoted the holy text(s) in the show, which led to some considering him the false prophet.

This is likely the intent of the show's editing thus far to keep one guessing by providing snipets here or there that could reinforce their own viewpoint.

I have a feeling that this confusion will continue and the show may end without it being answered. Much like how other shows ended with questions left unanswered and still debated years later.
They did mention quite a few times that he was misquoting the scriptures. I took that as the scriptures being wrong (misquotes themselves) rather than him being wrong.

Not that I have an opinion yet that he is or is not the messiah. I think I am edging towards “not”, though. Whether that means Anti-Christ or charlatan, I am not certain yet.

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did mention quite a few times that he was misquoting the scriptures. I took that as the scriptures being wrong (misquotes themselves) rather than him being wrong.

Not that I have an opinion yet that he is or is not the messiah. I think I am edging towards “not”, though. Whether that means Anti-Christ or charlatan, I am not certain yet.
I could see it going either way. The scriptures could be wrong and he's giving the correct version, or he's intentionally changing them to have a different meaning that will mislead.

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for using spoilers gents. I am going to check it out this weekend. Just finished YOU.

SnoopHawg

CJK5H@SMU
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,039.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am almost certain he is the Antichrist. He leaves the lives of everyone he comes in contact with worse off.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see it going either way. The scriptures could be wrong and he's giving the correct version, or he's intentionally changing them to have a different meaning that will mislead.

Or he is causing a reformation.

I am almost certain he is the Antichrist. He leaves the lives of everyone he comes in contact with worse off.

I think it depends on how you look at it. He is giving them tasks that could appear to range from difficult to impossible, the purpose of the task is not to accomplish it by any means necessary, the point is to not lose your faith along the way. It is a faith based exercise. Hence the kid that stayed at the Israeli border without food and water, he endured and made it through and as the story progresses, I am sure he will be rewarded for it. Some lost their faith, left, and eventually got involved with people that perverted the word and cost their lives.

The Texas pastor and his family have more purpose and a more people to reach out to. The pastor was doubtful and tempted and faulted because of his own actions. In an effort to find his purpose, he sinned. He is so fragile that everything he questions breaks him a little.

Therefore, he isn't making their lives worse, they are through temptation and doubt.

I have already explained my thoughts on Avi, the Israeli spy guy.

As for the CIA girl, a lot of her story circulated around her miscarriage... therefore, I think it is highly plausible that she will become pregnant. Notice that the doctor told her a D&C was not necessary. Essentially leaving it open to a miracle bringing this baby back to life (or as it may also be said, the doctors made a mistake). I am not saying that is what will happen, but I do think she will get pregnant in some way (maybe even from her sex scene with Avi).

But I also don't see how her life is worse than before. Her friend died, but that isn't something that you can directly correlate to her life and given the context in which he died... her being there doesn't appear to be some sort of catalyst that would have changed this outcome. He likely still would have died exactly the way in which he did, or it would have been her in his place. But that would also imply that there are bigger plans for her.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or he is causing a reformation.

I think it depends on how you look at it. He is giving them tasks that could appear to range from difficult to impossible, the purpose of the task is not to accomplish it by any means necessary, the point is to not lose your faith along the way. It is a faith based exercise. Hence the kid that stayed at the Israeli border without food and water, he endured and made it through and as the story progresses, I am sure he will be rewarded for it. Some lost their faith, left, and eventually got involved with people that perverted the word and cost their lives.

The Texas pastor and his family have more purpose and a more people to reach out to. The pastor was doubtful and tempted and faulted because of his own actions. In an effort to find his purpose, he sinned. He is so fragile that everything he questions breaks him a little.

Therefore, he isn't making their lives worse, they are through temptation and doubt.

I have already explained my thoughts on Avi, the Israeli spy guy.

As for the CIA girl, a lot of her story circulated around her miscarriage... therefore, I think it is highly plausible that she will become pregnant. Notice that the doctor told her a D&C was not necessary. Essentially leaving it open to a miracle bringing this baby back to life (or as it may also be said, the doctors made a mistake). I am not saying that is what will happen, but I do think she will get pregnant in some way (maybe even from her sex scene with Avi).

But I also don't see how her life is worse than before. Her friend died, but that isn't something that you can directly correlate to her life and given the context in which he died... her being there doesn't appear to be some sort of catalyst that would have changed this outcome. He likely still would have died exactly the way in which he did, or it would have been her in his place. But that would also imply that there are bigger plans for her.
oh, when it happened I assumed she was going to get knocked up. That one's a given

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh, when it happened I assumed she was going to get knocked up. That one's a given

Pretty much, yeah lol. I'm just wondering how at this point. I think not losing the miscarriage and having the doctors "making a mistake" when checking is the most miraculous. But the clock is ticking in that regard as she will obviously start showing in the coming months and with the Messiahs plane crashing in another country... it'll be interesting to see where the story goes.

If it were from sex with Avi... that is the worst option in my opinion, even worse than immaculate conception. Because I think it would appear that she would be rewarded for sinning, which I don't think they'll do... at least not blatantly and apart from other large contributing factors.

But idk, I think those are the two most likely. Obviously the 3rd option of immaculate conception is possible, but I don't think they will do that. I think it would be too much of a stretch all at one time for a series trying to make this seem as realistic as possible in the modern world.

Anyway, I hope its the first option. What say you, or any others? Or do you see something different entirely? I mean for all we know we could be wrong, or perhaps it happens, but not for another few season in a completely unforeseeable way. Just interesting to discuss.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

well, I did say I wasn’t a religious scholar.

Wasn’t there some “40” connection with Moses?

Umm... Moses sent peopel on a mission for 40 days. In the Hebrew Bible, many Jewish leaders ruled for 40 years or so. There are a lot of 40 year or day references in the Hebrew Bible.

To Christians, Moses is most commonly assoicated with "Let My People Go" - freeing the Jewish slaves from Egyptian Pharaohs. Leading them and parting the Red Sea. Oh and the 10 Commandments lol. God gave those to Moses as well.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI, I think page 3 is a good spot to stop using spoiler tags for S1 episode talk...

Reactions: gob

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI, I think page 3 is a good spot to stop using spoiler tags for S1 episode talk...
Agree.... Plenty of time to see it, and if you haven't, there's plenty of discussion and buffer to keep you from seeing spoilers.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excellent show, imo.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finished last weekend. Great show! I liked the ending simply because I was to the point where I thought it was clear he was a charlatan, and then....

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pretty sure he is the anti-christ

if i remember right from doing some reading after i first watched it, ....to Muslims.... the anti-christ is supposed to announce himself as Al-Masih when he comes.

Last edited:

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pretty sure he is the anti-christ

if i remember right from doing some reading after i first watched it, ....to Muslims.... the anti-christ is supposed to announce himself as Al-Masih when he comes.

Well that's the thing, he never called himself that. It was given to him FROM the Muslim people.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that's the thing, he never called himself that. It was given to him FROM the Muslim people.

I really shouldn't have said "announce himself" as i'm not sure that that is the correct context. I could be mis-remembering that as "being proclaimed."

Basically what I remember is that they say he will be mis-represented as the prophet by the people while performing miracles that make it appear that he is the prophet. I think at the same time Jesus 2.0 is supposed to be showing up as well. So who would he be assuming he is already on the show? The kid that survived the bomb blast?