• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mercari

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So i have never used this, website/app. Today i made my first purchase. I have a 10+ year old computer that runs better than a lot of these shitty 300 dollar computers they sell these days and the Mobo finally died so i bought a used one off here and it is coming with some random ram and a CPU lol (not sure what it is)

Curious if anyone has anything good/bad to say about it, it says they guarantee the purchase on Mercari's site if reported within 3 days of receiving the package according to Tracking #

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never heard of it actually. Sorry, cant help.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never heard of it actually. Sorry, cant help.
Its like an "ebay" i was using google to just find a replacement mobo and it was one of the listings under the "shopping" tab so i though hmm lets give it a shot its not like im dropping hundreds of dollars lol i am picking up the mobo ram cpu and nice heatsink/fan for 60 bucks, i could part it for more money (likely double) so i figure as long all works its worth a shot

ThereIsNoPlace

The New Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see. It's not a lot of money to try it out
24zmey.jpg

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha! Goo luck @NU_FTW you just got got.
FYI everything turned out perfect. So the CPU that came with it was the same as what i had (a phenom II BE 955) and the ram worked and the mobo worked great. Its great for word/powerpoint/web browsing/ minecraft type gaming etc ( will run AAA's on medium-low settings with the video card in it) for 60 bucks cant complain that i have a backup CUP/RAM and the heatsink was pretty decent too :D

ThereIsNoPlace

The New Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI everything turned out perfect. So the CPU that came with it was the same as what i had (a phenom II BE 955) and the ram worked and the mobo worked great. Its great for word/powerpoint/web browsing/ minecraft type gaming etc ( will run AAA's on medium-low settings with the video card in it) for 60 bucks cant complain that i have a backup CUP/RAM and the heatsink was pretty decent too :D
Grats. Can I pay you $64 to scrub a laptop and set up a Plex Media Center?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That was a cross your fingers and hope deal. Good to hear it worked out.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's only $64 to me, but to you, it's another purchase from mercari.
I dont know if ill ever make another purchase or not, i pulled the trigger before reading the BBB reports

ThereIsNoPlace

The New Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would you pay someone else to do that for you?
Question: When using Plex, can you allow permissions of access to only certain media to particular individuals?

i.e. If I want my mom to see family photos but not my **** collection? Giggity.

No, seriously, can I allow access to certin movies or music & not others?

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question: When using Plex, can you allow permissions of access to only certain media to particular individuals?

i.e. If I want my mom to see family photos but not my **** collection? Giggity.

No, seriously, can I allow access to certin movies or music & not others?
Not sure never hosted outside my home network

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ha! Goo luck @NU_FTW you just got got.

LOL @ this review.

Don't think I'll be doing any business with Mercari.

Dude wants to put Amex and Federal agencies on those fools.

Brian T

★★★★★
★★★★★
12/04/2019

THIS IS THE WORST COMPANY ONLINE. YOU CAN'T GET THROUGH ON THE TELEPHONE. THEY PURPOSELY HANG UP ON YOU. YOU CAN'T E-MAIL THEM EASILY. THE SELLER SOLD ME A DEFECTIVE USED VCR AND CLAIMED IT WAS WORKING. THIS IS FRAUD! I'M CONTACTING AMERICAN EXPRESS AND I WILL DISPUTE THIS CHARGE AND I WILL NOT PAY FOR IT BECAUSE THE SELLER WAS FRAUDULENT AND MERCARI PURPOSELY IS DECEPTIVE IN THAT IT CREATES UNDUE DIFFICULTY AND IT IS NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE TO RETURN ITEMS THAT SUPPOSEDLY ARE GUARANTEED. I'M ALSO CONTACTING THE FTC TO INVESTIGATE THIS COMPANY FOR UNFAIR BUSINESS PRACTICES. JUST WAIT, I WOULD NOT BE SURPRISED TO SEE A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT AGAINST MERCARI. FOLKS, DO YOURSELF A BIG FAVOR AND AVOID DOING ANY BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY. THANK YOU AND I SURE HOPE MY REVIEW HELPS YOU.

ThereIsNoPlace

The New Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ this review.

Don't think I'll be doing any business with Mercari.

Dude wants to put Amex and Federal agencies on those fools.

Brian T

★★★★★
★★★★★
12/04/2019

THIS IS THE WORST COMPANY ONLINE. YOU CAN'T GET THROUGH ON THE TELEPHONE. THEY PURPOSELY HANG UP ON YOU. YOU CAN'T E-MAIL THEM EASILY. THE SELLER SOLD ME A DEFECTIVE USED VCR AND CLAIMED IT WAS WORKING. THIS IS FRAUD! I'M CONTACTING AMERICAN EXPRESS AND I WILL DISPUTE THIS CHARGE AND I WILL NOT PAY FOR IT BECAUSE THE SELLER WAS FRAUDULENT AND MERCARI PURPOSELY IS DECEPTIVE IN THAT IT CREATES UNDUE DIFFICULTY AND IT IS NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE TO RETURN ITEMS THAT SUPPOSEDLY ARE GUARANTEED. I'M ALSO CONTACTING THE FTC TO INVESTIGATE THIS COMPANY FOR UNFAIR BUSINESS PRACTICES. JUST WAIT, I WOULD NOT BE SURPRISED TO SEE A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT AGAINST MERCARI. FOLKS, DO YOURSELF A BIG FAVOR AND AVOID DOING ANY BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY. THANK YOU AND I SURE HOPE MY REVIEW HELPS YOU.
What's a "VCR" ?