• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Melvin Gordon waiting on lev bell

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Melvin Gordon waiting on Le'Veon Bell to sign "I’m sitting back waiting, waiting on Bell," Gordon admitted Wednesday on NFL Media's "Around the NFL" podcast. "I’m glad it’s changing because we [running backs] were getting devalued for a little bit." Teams have been reluctant to dish out huge contracts to running backs, but Bell has a chance to change that when he hits the market this offseason. If Bell gets paid, so should Gordon. A deal might not come together right away, but Gordon remains confident that he'll be able to stay in Los Angeles. "I know we’ll figure something out and the Chargers are going to be my home for awhile," said the talented 25-year-old. Gordon is due $5.6 million in the final year of his rookie deal.
Chargers RB Melvin Gordon will wait and see on next contract – Orange County Register

Who should get paid more?

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette's Gerry Dulac reports the Steelers are considering using the transition tag on Le'Veon Bell in an effort to trade him.

To be frank, this line of thought does not make much sense. Bell would first have to sign the transition tag for any trade to be completed, locking him into another one-year deal at likely less money than the one he walked away from last season. He could sign a long-term deal with his new team, but that would require something of a leap of faith. Furthermore, teams are allowed to negotiate and agree to offer sheets with transition tagged players. Once that happens, the Steelers would either have to match, which they reportedly have no interest in doing, or receive zero compensation. It is likely Pittsburgh will have to settle for a compensatory pick in 2020 as compensation for Bell.

might be awhile:suds:

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette's Gerry Dulac reports the Steelers are considering using the transition tag on Le'Veon Bell in an effort to trade him.

To be frank, this line of thought does not make much sense. Bell would first have to sign the transition tag for any trade to be completed, locking him into another one-year deal at likely less money than the one he walked away from last season. He could sign a long-term deal with his new team, but that would require something of a leap of faith. Furthermore, teams are allowed to negotiate and agree to offer sheets with transition tagged players. Once that happens, the Steelers would either have to match, which they reportedly have no interest in doing, or receive zero compensation. It is likely Pittsburgh will have to settle for a compensatory pick in 2020 as compensation for Bell.

might be awhile:suds:
I doubt they do he’s not gonna sign anyways

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol... Tomlin is the only person stupid enough to think placing the transition tag on Bell is a good idea. So there’s that.

His tranny-tag is (currently) only worth $9.5mil. The NFLPA & Bell will fight that value to try & make it $14.5mil. Doubt they win that though.

Still think Bell would sign it though. He’ll be confident that another team will make an offer. I don’t see why they wouldn’t. Steelers would look like complete idiots if they matched any offers. They would basically pay him what they refused to the last 2 offseasons, plus they do not need him.