• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Melo is officialy done in Houston

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They let anyone with a defensive mindset leave. Melo isn't helping, but he's not the reason (or a jinx). Getting Melo was a desperation move after a terrible offseason.

Yeah Houston messed up by letting Ariza & _____ go. Just can't think of the name of the other Rocket that's no longer there.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Houston messed up by letting Ariza & _____ go. Just can't think of the name of the other Rocket that's no longer there.

Pretty sure it was What's his name?

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think his name is Hakeem Olajuwon.

dade305cane

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Melo and D Howard are pretty much the same player superstars that aren't super.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Melo and D Howard are pretty much the same player superstars that aren't super.

Agree. Both were superstar level at one time, but neither accomplished nearly what they could have accomplished given their level of talent and for the same reason too. They never expanded their games.

Melo never learned to share the ball or play at least a little bit of defense and Dwight never developed a "go to move" or any kind of touch on his shots.

Both were very good and both will probably end up in the hall of fame. But they could have accomplished so much more with just a little bit of work to expand their games.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. Both were superstar level at one time, but neither accomplished nearly what they could have accomplished given their level of talent and for the same reason too. They never expanded their games.

Melo never learned to share the ball or play at least a little bit of defense and Dwight never developed a "go to move" or any kind of touch on his shots.

Both were very good and both will probably end up in the hall of fame. But they could have accomplished so much more with just a little bit of work to expand their games.
Melo isn't as big a fan of the Transformers either...

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is so true. I remember watching Melo and Lebron early on and thought to myself that Melo had a shot at being productive longer (yeah I was wayyyyy off).

But it was that he wasn't playing the game based on crazy athletic ability. It wasn't speed and hops, but rather a smooth midrange, great mid post stuff, ability when he wanted to be a plus rebounder without outjumping guys. He had that old man game. And then of course the NBA changed, midrange spot up and post play died. And Lebron of course became really good from outside to change with that (and somehow hasn't lost that offensive ability to get by guys).

scopes_monkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dealing Melo away was the best trade the Thunder has done since the PG13 deal. Now sitting 1/2 game out of 1st place ahead of the Warriors, Clips, & LBJs