• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mel Tucker to Michigan St

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The move he made in the last 24 hrs might hurt his recruiting and I hope it does. He’s getting torched on social media by kids and their parents that he just signed and promised he wasn’t going anywhere

Yeah I can see that being a downfall in recruiting. It does suck for the kids at CU because they are stuck there now.

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I can see that being a downfall in recruiting. It does suck for the kids at CU because they are stuck there now.

Those kids are the real victims here... basically believed in the man. Tucker did not talk to his players before leaving (Rick George reportedly wouldn't allow it). Certainly will and should affect his recruiting at MSU going forward... certainly will be a hammering point by his competition on how he left these kids high and dry shortly after signing day.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EHRo1taUEAAHdXo.jpg

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This seems like a very curious hire.

Datonio leaving when where how he did was always suspicious.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A key in all this is the status of super recruiting machine, Vince Marrow, currently with Kentucky. Marrow is Mark Stoops' right hand man at Kentucky, and over the previous few years has made Kentucky the most successful school to recruit in the state of Ohio not named Ohio State. Vince Marrow is one of the best recruiters in the country.

And...
Vince Marrow happens to be Mel Tucker's good friend, and Michigan State is going hard after the recruiting giant, Marrow.

Mel Tucker Could Poach Recruiting Giant Vince Marrow From Kentucky

Michigan State set to offer Vince Marrow a huge raise to leave UK, per report

Vince Marrow is set to make $625,000 at Kentucky next season, and it appears Michigan State is offering him $1 Million per year for his top-notch recruiting skills.

Reports: Michigan State attempting to poach Kentucky assistant Vince Marrow

Hey @7Samurai13 if MSU can successfully poach Vince Marrow, would this be enough to stop you from breaking stuff?

Last edited:

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
....continued.....

Look at what Kentucky's Vince Marrow has also done in recruiting within Michigan's top 15 prospects. In the past (prior to Marrow) Kentucky never had a significant recruiting presence in the state of Michigan.

2018 Top Football Recruits in Michigan

and

2020 Top Football Recruits in Michigan

And look at what Mel Tucker did last year at Colorado in recruiting within Michigan's top 15 prospects. Colorado certainly never had a recruiting presence in the state of Michigan.

2019 Top Football Recruits in Michigan

So.....if Michigan State can get both Mel Tucker and Vince Marrow on staff, the Spartans recruiting should skyrocket in comparison to Dantonio's recruiting.

Last edited:

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was Michigan I'd be a little concerned. Tucker is known for his recruiting. He may be able to get kids that might have otherwise gone to Michigan.

I very much doubt that any coach will be able to seriously impact our recruiting at MSU. If Dantonio couldn’t do it while we sucked and they were winning conference titles, no one will.

Hey Maize,

Look at my two posts right above this (post #73 and #74). If MSU is successful in poaching Vince Marrow from Kentucky, you might need to change your answer, Maize.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A key in all this is the status of super recruiting machine, Vince Marrow, currently with Kentucky. Marrow is Mark Stoops' right hand man at Kentucky, and over the previous few years has made Kentucky the most successful school to recruit in the state of Ohio not named Ohio State. Vince Marrow is one of the best recruiters in the country.

And...
Vince Marrow happens to be Mel Tucker's good friend, and Michigan State is going hard after the recruiting giant, Marrow.

Mel Tucker Could Poach Recruiting Giant Vince Marrow From Kentucky

Michigan State set to offer Vince Marrow a huge raise to leave UK, per report

Vince Marrow is set to make $625,000 at Kentucky next season, and it appears Michigan State is offering him $1 Million per year for his top-notch recruiting skills.

Reports: Michigan State attempting to poach Kentucky assistant Vince Marrow

Hey @7Samurai13 if MSU can successfully poach Vince Marrow, would this be enough to stop you from breaking stuff?
source.gif

We Are Decent

Depressed Penn State Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Franklin still isn't beating Sparty then I'm hanging around once again.