• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Media Rating for NCG hit new low

Neilcar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It drew a 14.6 (view-ship declined after the 1st half with the casual viewer just checking scores)
The 1st Playoff NCG with Ohio St. vs. Oregon drew a 18.9 in 2015, and in 2016 Alabama vs Clemson drew a 15.3.

Some are suggesting a real fatigue with another Alabama -- Clemson match-up … also some discussion about 2 teams from the same region didn't help in viewership Nation-wide …

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It drew a 14.6 (view-ship declined after the 1st half with the casual viewer just checking scores)
The 1st Playoff NCG with Ohio St. vs. Oregon drew a 18.9 in 2015, and in 2016 Alabama vs Clemson drew a 15.3.

Some are suggesting a real fatigue with another Alabama -- Clemson match-up … also some discussion about 2 teams from the same region didn't help in viewership Nation-wide …
I am sure both played major parts in it. Also is Monday night the right time for a college championship game?

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, it would be interesting to hear how many turned the game off in the 4th quarter

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sure both played major parts in it. Also is Monday night the right time for a college championship game?
I think so just because it avoids the nfl playoffs and many are used to watching football on Mondays anyways. I'm guessing a Friday night isn't ideal and I'm not sure what other night you'd pick.

Reactions: gob

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with the statement about Monday night being a stupid day for the Title Game. What idiot came up with that brilliant idea? Doesn’t basketball do the same?

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Monday Night is the stupidest night out of everything you can pick.

Saturday. This final game needs to be played on Saturday.

catlanta33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about those who cut the cord and streamed the game?

OPie has been obsessed with being anti-Bama since that little bitch Colt got broke by them. It's still uncertain how much cum OPie has guzzled from Colt's cock but estimates are near the 1,000's of gallons.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mine it to the weekend, and good luck getting any viewers from 15 of the 20 largest cities in the country.

But yes, Clemson-Bama fatigue was a big factor

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OPie has been obsessed with being anti-Bama since that little bitch Colt got broke by them. It's still uncertain how much cum OPie has guzzled from Colt's cock but estimates are near the 1,000's of gallons.

Of course. But in fairness, he’s equally antiSEC in general.

But as to his “point”, if having 2 teams from the same region hurt the ratings, tough shit. Teams from OTHER regions had their shot. Washington lost 3 games. tOSU got raped by 6-7 Purdue. OU and ND lost the semis.

And of course, Texas lost FOUR games. So if fans of those places opted to watch reruns of SVU, fine for them. I didn’t watch the crappy Rose, Sugar, or any of those crappy bowls either. Why? Totally meaningless exhibitions by lesser teams.

MKrip

Where's my retard cat?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weekend would have dropped the ratings more. NFL play offs

I know I would have been less likely to watch it on a Saturday night, unless of course my team is involved, which I doubt I'll ever have to worry about.

Monday was perfect as it didn't interfere with going out on Saturday.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about starting it at a reasonable time? They started pre-game at 2PM on the four-letter center of evil. Kick off at 7:30 or 8:00. Do we really need a 30 minute insult to music half-time show? I get up at 5:15 every morning. No way I was making it to the end of the game unless Ohio State was involved.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yup. CFB needs to change and other teams have to get to that level. But how do you do that? Right now no one looks to even have a shot at getting to their level any time soon. Maybe a few teams like OU, OSU, Mich?, UG? but there's clearly a gap between those two and everyone else.

Game specific issues -- it's on a fricken Monday night at 8pm, and with commercials and everything took FOREVER. I fell asleep during the boring as shit halftime thing.

Neilcar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But as to his “point”, if having 2 teams from the same region hurt the ratings, tough shit. Teams from OTHER regions had their shot. Washington lost 3 games. tOSU got raped by 6-7 Purdue. OU and ND lost the semis.

And of course, Texas lost FOUR games. So if fans of those places opted to watch reruns of SVU, fine for them. I didn’t watch the crappy Rose, Sugar, or any of those crappy bowls either. Why? Totally meaningless exhibitions by lesser teams.

???
I pass on the ratings -- actual facts … and you 2 launch personal attacks and insults regarding something else. Clearly it is time to use the ignore button...

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
???
I pass on the ratings -- actual facts … and you 2 launch personal attacks and insults regarding something else. Clearly it is time to use the ignore button...

Here is a fact, troll.

You start thread after thread on topics involving SEC teams, and NONE on “your team”.

Cry over being called out all you want, but you’re nothing but a flaming troll. It’s all you ever were, and all you will be. If you want a nicer response, post something better. Otherwise go back under your bridge and fuck off.

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first playoff championship drew a lot of viewers because it was something new in general, not because of the teams involved. In perspective, the highest ratings for the BCS CG was in 2011 with a 16.1. The rest of the playoff championship games have been a lot closer to the average of the BCS championship games overall.

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good post until the last 2-3 sentences. Then you went full retard on everyone.