• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

mcewing has no business being a 3rd base coach

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't know who else may have watched the game last night but if you only read about it then you didn't get the true story. picture it ..... ramirez on 2nd, no outs and down 4-3 in the bottom of the 9th. the roach miraculously bounces a single up the middle where the fleet-footed center fielder rushes in for preparing for the throw home. men on 1st and 3rd no outs, right? nooooooooooo!

the 3rd base coach thinks "we have to get this run in now"! so he disregards the speed of the single and the great arm of kiermaier and sends ramirez home and he's thrown out by a good 20 feet. i mean this was a train wreck any high school coach could have seen coming from a mile away. it was clear well before ramirez reached 3rd he could not score unless the catcher had a heart attack.
now i can't say the sox might have won anyway because he would have only been the tying run but he sure did remove any chance the sox may have had to win this game.

if your judgement in such a situation is that horribly bad, then you should not be a 3rd base coach. this team has enough negatives to overcome without having coaches who, when the chips are down, can make such bad decisions.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw it

Cubs got rained out so I was watching the 9th inning of the Sox game. Alexei had no shot to score on that play, he was thrown out by 8 feet.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there's two outs, that's one thing… and almost acceptable. But my lord… Zero outs. Unfathomable decision by any coach, at any level.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, I saw it ... inexplicable.

I know RV said he wanted to take any & all chances on the basepaths this year, but this one was ridiculous with 0 outs. Situational awareness horrible.