• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

McDaniels going?

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you forget about Mangini? Jets and Browns....

I see that as one long failure instead of 2 failures. No pause to reset.

I have to think McDaniels has had time to ponder what he did wrong in Denver.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were McDaniels, I'd take the Cleveland job if offered. I'd get O'Shea to run "MY" offense and believe it or not, I try to get Rex (1st) or Rob (2nd) Ryan to take the defense. The defense needs a strong presence and the Ryans meet that. Plus it would be fun to have them back.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read somewhere he has the Colts secondary coach lined up as his DC if he takes a head job. Gotta say the number of people willing to look past the Indy debacle just 2 years later is pretty surprising to me.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like, if I were an owner no way would I want to give him an interview unless every other candidate I was interested in turned me down.

And if I was an assistant coach, there is ZERO chance I would put my professional well-being in his hands.

patspa

PATS SEEKING SEVEN
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were McDaniels, I'd take the Cleveland job if offered. I'd get O'Shea to run "MY" offense and believe it or not, I try to get Rex (1st) or Rob (2nd) Ryan to take the defense. The defense needs a strong presence and the Ryans meet that. Plus it would be fun to have them back.

I could see O'shea but not Rex you are already working with Mr Ego himself and now you would bring on Rex the loudmouth look at me guy. Josh doesn't need that he'll have it with some of his players. plus some article or news show had Rex trying to put his name in for HC positions does he really want an Assistant position, he looks like he has too much fun on TV at this point. And for Rob he is already with the Redskins as of now.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You never know. Rex takes the job and turns the 'D' around and next year he's a real viable candidate for a HC job. Right now, he's an after thought.

Rob is with the Skins but he's not the DC is he?

patspa

PATS SEEKING SEVEN
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rob Ryan is a linebackers coach, who knows if he is even kept by the new staff,might be better for Josh seems a little more laid bacl than Rex

just heard, guess Schefter just reported Next week jOSH INTERVIEWING FOR Browns, panthers, Giants.

Last edited:

realityball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Brady goes BB will fail ...
Worst case, we'll suffer through an 8-8 or 9-7 season in 2020 and I'll wager my wallet that the patriots will be 13-3 in 2021. The haters will need gallons of the pink stuff.

... nope

If Brady goes BB will fail ... if McDaniels does go, it’ll be temporary ... again

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See ya Skippy.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Brady goes BB will fail ... if McDaniels does go, it’ll be temporary ... again

What people tend to forget is that Brady is a single piece of the Patriots' football puzzle. Belichick is the puzzle maker. He'll have to find a piece to replace Brady and that will be difficult, but not impossible. We fans just have to learn that the Super Bowl games and trophies will as rare here as they are in other cities. Instead of SB Trophy being brought back to Gillette every other year, it might be every 10 years.

Welcome to the NFL world of parity.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can handle every 10 years.

The first 40 were painful.

realityball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What people tend to forget is that Brady is a single piece of the Patriots' football puzzle. Belichick is the puzzle maker. He'll have to find a piece to replace Brady and that will be difficult, but not impossible. We fans just have to learn that the Super Bowl games and trophies will as rare here as they are in other cities. Instead of SB Trophy being brought back to Gillette every other year, it might be every 10 years.

Welcome to the NFL world of parity.

I understand ... the two were definitely a duo team and that the head coach is always the brains and boss behind the whole thing ... but look at the Patriots history and see how they got the plays that made the difference in so many close big games as exemplified by their SB wins and losses (with last years 10 point difference being their biggest winning spread) ...

it was execution that was the difference in those plays and therefore the heart of their successes ... I knowgiving so much credit to a single player is extreme, but I also think the test of time will show Brady to have been a greater phenomenon than we now think ...

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it was execution that was the difference in those plays and therefore the heart of their successes ... I knowgiving so much credit to a single player is extreme, but I also think the test of time will show Brady to have been a greater phenomenon than we now think ...

And we rarely give credit to the Ass'y OC in the booth who's constantly looking for an on-field weakness to exploit and then as the clock is ticking away sees a critical flaw in an opponent and tells McDaniels who gives a play to Brady who has excelled at delivering the exact play at the exact time it was need. The sad part is we don't have as much as a clue as to who McDaniels is talking to up in the booth.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting information about Josh and the Browns.

Josh met with Haslam for almost seven hours and told him at the beginning that if Haslam hired him, he'd have to let him clean house completely. Josh told him that keeping all of the 'hangers-on' was a major problem for a coach. Too many stories going up to Haslam's office and Josh said he wouldn't put up with it. Haslam wanted to keep a few people and Josh told him straight up that they would be the first that he'd get rid of because Haslam got all of his dirt from them. Josh also told him that he had no issue with a new GM but that Josh would have the final say on all trades, draft picks and free-agent signings.

In the end, Josh said that if Haslam couldn't stop doing things the way that he was doing them, the team would not be able to improve. They agreed that Haslam wanted to be more involved and that Josh's control wouldn't allow it.

The Browns have great young talent and Fred Kichens had no experience as a coach. Haslam basically wants control and Stefanski was more than willing to take a head coaching job and let the owner control everything along with his GM. So they have a head coach with one year of OC experience and no head coaching experience at any level.

Anyway, Josh made the decision that he'd rather be in New England, even if Brady isn't.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Josh met with Haslam for almost seven hours and told him at the beginning that if Haslam hired him, he'd have to let him clean house completely. Josh told him that keeping all of the 'hangers-on' was a major problem for a coach. Too many stories going up to Haslam's office and Josh said he wouldn't put up with it. Haslam wanted to keep a few people and Josh told him straight up that they would be the first that he'd get rid of because Haslam got all of his dirt from them. Josh also told him that he had no issue with a new GM but that Josh would have the final say on all trades, draft picks and free-agent signings.

In the end, Josh said that if Haslam couldn't stop doing things the way that he was doing them, the team would not be able to improve. They agreed that Haslam wanted to be more involved and that Josh's control wouldn't allow it.

The Browns have great young talent and Fred Kichens had no experience as a coach. Haslam basically wants control and Stefanski was more than willing to take a head coaching job and let the owner control everything along with his GM. So they have a head coach with one year of OC experience and no head coaching experience at any level.

Anyway, Josh made the decision that he'd rather be in New England, even if Brady isn't.

So he basically went to the interview and told the interviewer you are the problem I'll take the job if you allow me to fire you?

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It makes you appreciate Kraft. He really learned his lesson from his dealings with Parcels. Years later Parcels said he'd wished he handled things differently in New England, and I'm sure that was a reflection of seeing Kraft learn from the experience.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So he basically went to the interview and told the interviewer you are the problem I'll take the job if you allow me to fire you?

No, he told him that he couldn't interfere if wanted Josh to coach the team. Josh told him that the Patriots didn't start winning until the elevator upstairs was removed by the owner. He supposedly cited the days of Bobby Grier and his door always being open to listen to players bitch. Haslam wants to be involved at every level and that just doesn't work to his advantage. The owner can't listen to every gripe and then go hard on the coach. Josh told him that he couldn't do the job under those conditions and Haslam and he parted ways.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And that is why I am leaving Okinawa early. Man that hired me left and the new Management is the problem.
I don't need to put up with a losing mentality at this point in my career.
Learn the hard way if you want but not on my time.....