• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

McDaniels going?

realityball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to the Boston Globe’s Jim McBride, the Patriots have granted McDaniels permission to interview with the Browns, Panthers, and Giants. Special teams coordinator Joe Judge was given the OK to interview with New York, too.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gut feeling and JMO he’ll only go where he’ll either have a big say on personnel, or at least in who the personnel guy will be, which rules out the Giants (and should rule him out from everywhere based on his Denver personnel decisions lol). Cleveland seems almost too logical...hometown team and we know he had major wood for Baker last year. As much of a cluster as that team has been, if he can get there with one of his John Carroll guys (Caserio or Ziegler) to push back on him on personnel that’s probably the way it goes.

I wouldn’t touch Carolina if I were him but I know RKK is tight with their new owner so I could see that happening too.

realityball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gut feeling and JMO he’ll only go where he’ll either have a big say on personnel, or at least in who the personnel guy will be, which rules out the Giants (and should rule him out from everywhere based on his Denver personnel decisions lol). Cleveland seems almost too logical...hometown team and we know he had major wood for Baker last year. As much of a cluster as that team has been, if he can get there with one of his John Carroll guys (Caserio or Ziegler) to push back on him on personnel that’s probably the way it goes.

I wouldn’t touch Carolina if I were him but I know RKK is tight with their new owner so I could see that happening too.

RK is tight with everyone ...

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps. But I’d venture to guess if McD was soliciting his opinion, Kraft would recommend Tepper over Haslam.

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So he can fail again as a head coach?

Sorry, the Pats are now on deathwatch. They will be a weaker team next year, regardless. They'll beat the Titans, but not Kansas City this season.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So he can fail again as a head coach?

Sorry, the Pats are now on deathwatch. They will be a weaker team next year, regardless. They'll beat the Titans, but not Kansas City this season.
Well let's face it. The AFC East will get stronger next season with the Bill's, Dolphins and Jets getting better.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's probably time for a shake up. It took a couple of years to get over Weiss and Crennell leaving, but it was for the better. Belichick has so many tentacles in the pro and college football games that finding new coaching blood shouldn't be all that difficult.

With Brady most likely gone, bringing in a new OC and new offense will be rough but if the whole team shows up for OTAs and Mini-camps, the familiarization should be somewhat in place and the kinks worked out by the time the season starts.

The defense has done extremely well with Mayo in his first year and feeling his way through and working with guys he played with. Bill will give him the DC title next year and this defense will get faster and better to go with the Mayo way of playing and I think, he brings to coaching.

Worst case, we'll suffer through an 8-8 or 9-7 season in 2020 and I'll wager my wallet that the patriots will be 13-3 in 2021. The haters will need gallons of the pink stuff.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worst case, we'll suffer through an 8-8 or 9-7 season in 2020 and I'll wager my wallet that the patriots will be 13-3 in 2021. The haters will need gallons of the pink stuff.
Good luck.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I'm hearing, Josh will take the Cleveland Browns job if it's offered. The big question will be if Haslam will give him personnel control and stay the hell out of the football side of the team.

What's really going to be interesting is if he can convince Chad O'Shea not to go back to the Patriots and run BB's offense. Supposedly he was fired in Miami because he wouldn't run the ball. He had three major issues to deal with that were not his doing.......the Dolphins didn't have a running back and the owner had his OC on medical leave and the Dolphins had a me-first quarterback who always wants to be the hero.

Belichick could bring O'Shea back and never miss a beat with the offense, plus o"Shea is a top notch QB coach. That would give BB a younger staff and a younger attitude.

The next few weeks will be very interesting.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's probably time for a shake up. It took a couple of years to get over Weiss and Crennell leaving, but it was for the better.
Interesting example but I don't agree with the take for a simple reason: In 2005 and 2006 the Pats had some glaring player flaws especially lack of trusted WR depth (hmmm, seems familiar) that kept them from moving deeper. Cripes, they were in the AFCCG for 2006 and arguably one bug-eyed drop from the Super Bowl in a year that the NFC stock was down.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh may leave but if I am him I go to Cleveland, the team is loaded with talent on offense which is his strong suit. Try and steal the best D Coordinator out there and lure him to Cleveland and concentrate on making the D better. Best shot to win now IMO

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point just take a position and move on! We've been hearing about this "possibility" for how long now?

Offense needs a shake up (obviously much better talent needed) but it starts with the OC. He's done wonders here no doubt and that shouldn't be overlooked it's just that the current team seems like they need a "dumbed down offense" right now.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be an interesting test case. He is the first to get a second chance after failing outside of Bilichick's shadow.

If he does well you have to wonder if other assistants will get another shot

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be an interesting test case. He is the first to get a second chance after failing outside of Bilichick's shadow.

If he does well you have to wonder if other assistants will get another shot
Did you forget about Mangini? Jets and Browns....