• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

McCown tore his hamstring

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really can't say enough about McCown's professionalism

I remember when he tore it - or most likely tore it - because he started limping immediately
I think they also mentioned it on the broadcast

Spirit was willing but the body wasn't there

But from day 1 when McCown was coaxed out of retirement he was the consummate professional putting himself there for whatever the team needed as well as (I assume) coaching Wentz up

I wish him well whatever he decides on and wherever he lands

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably got hurt on a cheap shot by a thug.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hilarious to keep seeing the word "struggle" or the implication mccown did "the best he could" as in; he sucked.. but hey, he's just some old backup.

in 3 quarters, mccown was 18/24 for 174 yards and 23 rushing. no fumbles, no picks. he led the eagles on 5 drives in that time frame. which, under normal circumstances, would have resulted in 5 field goals instead of having to go for it. so 3 quarters, 15 points, 200 total yards just from mccown.

just like foles.. he showed how simple this offense is for a vet QB with common sense, accuracy and willingness to spread the ball around and trust players. he went deep twice, and both times drew a flag on the hawks.

go back to wentz. did jack shit the first hawks game. second game, jack shit on the opening two drives before leaving. the SECOND PLAY of the game he goes into his stupid 'kill, kill, kill' audible, which has proven to be a running play like 95% of the time. and a miscommunication results in a fumble (that we got the best possible result from.)

fans are almost trying to patronize mccown.. like wentz was going to put up 30 points or something, LOFL! dude had no answer for the seahawks in 5 quarters and that wasn't going to magically change.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really can't say enough about McCown's professionalism

I remember when he tore it - or most likely tore it - because he started limping immediately
I think they also mentioned it on the broadcast

Spirit was willing but the body wasn't there

But from day 1 when McCown was coaxed out of retirement he was the consummate professional putting himself there for whatever the team needed as well as (I assume) coaching Wentz up

I wish him well whatever he decides on and wherever he lands

I do remember him limping later in the game. He went from scrambling up the sideline for 12 yards and actually out running a guy or two to not being able to scramble on that last 4th down.

Fitting that the very last nail was due to injury.

I really liked having him as our backup. That worked about as well as it could.