• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

McCarthy

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So much for winning out. I have to believe there is a mutiny going on. If not, this team is worse then I thought. 3-14, once again they are beyond pathetic on third down. Congrats GB you just lost at home to a 2 win team led by a rookie QB. Not only does Rodgers suck against veteran QBs, now he sucks against rookie QBs too. They just reached a new low. How’s that new contract working out for ya Rodgers?

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Living in central illinois i didn't get the game. How bad was it? With Chicago losing and Minny playing the Patriots, thought they could make up some ground. Curious what kind of coach they bring in.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So much for winning out. I have to believe there is a mutiny going on. If not, this team is worse then I thought. 3-14, once again they are beyond pathetic on third down. Congrats GB you just lost at home to a 2 win team led by a rookie QB. Not only does Rodgers suck against veteran QBs, now he sucks against rookie QBs too. They just reached a new low. How’s that new contract working out for ya Rodgers?

If your belief is Rodgers is the problem, you should probably stop watching football.

It's this entire team, but about 90% this coaching staff. Guys aren't playing with any passion or effort, and that is on the coaches...if the players don't believe, they won't achieve...and they don't and won't

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCarthy

giphy.gif

SeizeTheCarp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If your belief is Rodgers is the problem, you should probably stop watching football.

It's this entire team, but about 90% this coaching staff. Guys aren't playing with any passion or effort, and that is on the coaches...if the players don't believe, they won't achieve...and they don't and won't
I completely got this feeling myself. Oddly, though, that last scoring drive which consisted of short, high-percentage passes, was pretty effective and the team really looked like it was putting in the effort. The play-calling never had that kind of rhythm for the rest of the game. And the blame for that falls on McCarthy.

I never really wanted him gone until this year, but the team just hasn't really played inspired football most of the year. I think the change will do both the Packers and McCarthy good.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Settle down Moab. Rodgers plays a roll in the nightmare we’ve been watching this season. So does the piss poor coaching and mediocre talent. So MM is gone, that’s a start but without quality talent don’t expect the team to become world beaters over night.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say I was a bit surprised they got rid of McArthy before the season ended.

Shaggy

Administrator
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say I was a bit surprised they got rid of McArthy before the season ended.

I was shocked it was 3 hours after the game.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was shocked it was 3 hours after the game.
That was when it was announced. My guess is that he was called up to Mark Murphy's office immediately following his presser. The effort level was pathetic and they clearly quit on MM.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MM gone definitely needed to happen immediately, but don't expect some inspired football to finish the season either. Make no mistake, Philbin is a big part of the problem too.

And it's looking a lot like Pettine stole Capers' playbook - especially in yesterday's game. Maybe he's playing more soft zones because of all the rookies and injuries, but I'd rather get burned being aggressive against a rookie QB than get burned being passive. I expect Pettine to get more than one year, but I wouldn't shed a tear if they jettison him too.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MM gone definitely needed to happen immediately, but don't expect some inspired football to finish the season either. Make no mistake, Philbin is a big part of the problem too.

And it's looking a lot like Pettine stole Capers' playbook - especially in yesterday's game. Maybe he's playing more soft zones because of all the rookies and injuries, but I'd rather get burned being aggressive against a rookie QB than get burned being passive. I expect Pettine to get more than one year, but I wouldn't shed a tear if they jettison him too.

That's a good definition for the run defense. Over a hundred and some yards on the ground in just about every game is pathetic. There will have to be a coaching and player change in the off season but also most importantly, a culture change. There has been waaay to much complacency in GB for too long now. IMO, the fire is gone and for several years now I got a vibe from this team as if they thought they were better than what they actually are. They are missing playmakers at just about every position besides QB. Personally, I would prefer if they lost the rest of their games just to get a better position in the draft. I know people don't like to hear it but picking late in the draft year after year has been a small factor in this team failing.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I would prefer if they lost the rest of their games just to get a better position in the draft. I know people don't like to hear it but picking late in the draft year after year has been a small factor in this team failing.

I don't follow college football super closely so I don't know who to target, but we've gotta lasso a stud LB at the top of the first round this year. We saw how much of an impact Mack made in Chicago and you need good LBs in a 3-4 to make the scheme work. We need to address S & OL with our Saints 1st and own 2nd.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m officially on this train

Fangio as HC
Kingsbury as OC

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't follow college football super closely so I don't know who to target, but we've gotta lasso a stud LB at the top of the first round this year. We saw how much of an impact Mack made in Chicago and you need good LBs in a 3-4 to make the scheme work. We need to address S & OL with our Saints 1st and own 2nd.

You hit it on the head about the LB position. Running a 3-4 you need stud LBs. I think they can be successful with just one playmaking LB but they need a playmaker at each position to be a constant threat in the league. Alexander looks like he can be one at the CB position but they still need one at safety and DL to be dangerous. Same thing on the other side of the ball. I think they’re missing a TE and at least 2 OL to make the offensive go like it should.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep Petine as DC?
With Fangio coming in I doubt he would keep Pettine. I want to keep Pettine but if a defensive guy comes in I would understand letting him go

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m officially on this train

Fangio as HC
Kingsbury as OC

I'm on board with Kingsbury as OC... Young guy with fresh ideas and a history of success with QBs and the passing game in particular.

Not sure about Fangio... He's never had an HC job before and every DC job he's ever had has lasted 3 years or less.

My biggest preference is that the OC ties the offense together and calls the plays, the DC ties the defense together and calls the plays and the HC ties the whole team together. The HC doesn't call plays or control personnel or any of that extra power teams often give their HCs. The HC does not focus the majority of his time on one side of the ball - leaving the other side and special teams a disjointed mess.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kingsbury is now the OC at USC