• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

McCarthy

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Packers are currently 2-2-1. With the way things are going right now, this is how I see things shaking out:

vSF - W
@LAR - L
@NE - L
vMIA - W
@SEA - W
@MIN - L
vARI - W
vATL - W
@CHI - L
@NYJ - W
vDET - W

9-6-1

That is sniffing the playoffs - might even be good enough for a wildcard considering how weak the NFC East and West look right now.

I do expect the offense to get into a bit of a groove after the bye. Rodgers not practicing much is certainly a contributing factor to the sub-standard offensive output as are injuries to the receiving corps. If they don't, fingers are going to rightfully point at McCarthy.

That is sniffing the playoffs if it goes like you predict it. if some of those W's turn into L's then I think MM might be out in GB. I didn't think the Packers would lose in DC and the way Detroit was playing I thought they would get a W there as well but neither happened. Maybe its just the pessimist in me but I just don't see a major change in last years team to this years other than Rodgers is in there. But even Rodgers looks uninspired. I don't know, im not going to get excited unless this team decides to play like we know they can.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm usually not a "fire the coach" guy, but I've seen enough. They're either too stupid to play what's called or don't know how to do what's called, or what's called is shit or outside their capabilities, or they don't listen and do what they want. No matter what it is or why, if they don't make a deep run in the playoffs, or not make the playoffs, it's time for him to go.

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree, seems the plays, or some of them, have no respect for him. Especially Montgomery when told to tak a knee and he was defiant enough to ignore those orders.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can anyone explain why they picked up another punter? I’m still scratching my head. I just don’t understand it. Maybe I’m missing something.

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree
Can anyone explain why they picked up another punter? I’m still scratching my head. I just don’t understand it. Maybe I’m missing something.

Agree, I thought the kid was doing fairly well. On a side note, when is McCarthy going to get his head out of his ass and run Jones more? He is averaging 6 yards per carry. Take some pressure off Rodgers.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree

Agree, I thought the kid was doing fairly well. On a side note, when is McCarthy going to get his head out of his ass and run Jones more? He is averaging 6 yards per carry. Take some pressure off Rodgers.

Maybe when the defense plays for 60 minutes? Not sure what’s going on in the locker room. The moves they’re making just seems odd. Almost as if they are conceding this season already.....I don’t know......just weird.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I read, Scott’s wife is expecting their first child so I think they are ensuring they have a punter

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The SS McCarthy is sinking fast.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read an article where Kendricks stated,”they are still learning how to finish.” 8 games in and they are still learning to finish? There is something seriously wrong with this team. :L

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is just a cliche statement. Most of the team's players know how to win/finish. They jut need to get their heads out of their collective asses.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, looking at the penalty stats this season there are only 2 games where GB had less or the same amount of penalties then their opponent. Even in their wins they had more penalties. Too me, this is a good indicator that the coaching staff isn’t doing their job and maybe has lost respect from the players. What ever the case, it’s time for a change.

Reactions: GNG

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, looking at the penalty stats this season there are only 2 games where GB had less or the same amount of penalties then their opponent. Even in their wins they had more penalties. Too me, this is a good indicator that the coaching staff isn’t doing their job and maybe has lost respect from the players. What ever the case, it’s time for a change.
hard to use last night as a barometer. Refs were terrible and inconsistent last night but on the whole I agree we arent disciplined right now. Part of that comes with the youth movement.

Vegas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,631.83
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hard to use last night as a barometer. Refs were terrible and inconsistent last night but on the whole I agree we arent disciplined right now. Part of that comes with the youth movement.

I still can't believe they didn't call PI when Adams got hit in the head while reaching for a pass.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still can't believe they didn't call PI when Adams got hit in the head while reaching for a pass.
agreed but not what lost us the game. Refs were bad all game.

Poor offensive execution in the second half. Terrible third down production. Missing wide open check downs. There is many reasons why this team is losing MM, Rodgers, not creating TOs, etc.

Vegas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,631.83
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agreed but not what lost us the game. Refs were bad all game.

Poor offensive execution in the second half. Terrible third down production. Missing wide open check downs. There is many reasons why this team is losing MM, Rodgers, not creating TOs, etc.

Rodgers missing wide open receivers isn't on the coach. Not saying you said it is, but Rodgers hasn't been playing up to par this year.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers missing wide open receivers isn't on the coach. Not saying you said it is, but Rodgers hasn't been playing up to par this year.
I completely agree. Something is clearly off with him and its not just the knee. Granted he is throwing off the platform more than usual IMO

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Admittedly, I've ragged on Rodgers a little recently for poor play, but let's not lose perspective of what poor play is. For Rodgers, "par" is still outer-stratosphere. His current TD:INT is 19:1 and he's still posting a QB Rating of 102.2. Joe Montana's career best TD:INT was 26:8 in '89 in 13 games. '89 is also the only year Montana posted a QB rating higher than Rodgers has right now.

All of Rodgers preseason practice reps were with Adams, Cobb and Allison. Then he gets hurt week 1 and doesn't practice half the season. On top of that, Cobb and Allison get hurt. So the only receiver on the team he's got any kind of chemistry with is Adams. Add in rookie receiver mistakes and it's not hard to see why Rodgers has underperformed and the offense has sputtered. Yes, Rodgers deserves some of the blame, but I'm just saying let's not get carried away and break out the pitchforks.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Admittedly, I've ragged on Rodgers a little recently for poor play, but let's not lose perspective of what poor play is. For Rodgers, "par" is still outer-stratosphere. His current TD:INT is 19:1 and he's still posting a QB Rating of 102.2. Joe Montana's career best TD:INT was 26:8 in '89 in 13 games. '89 is also the only year Montana posted a QB rating higher than Rodgers has right now.

All of Rodgers preseason practice reps were with Adams, Cobb and Allison. Then he gets hurt week 1 and doesn't practice half the season. On top of that, Cobb and Allison get hurt. So the only receiver on the team he's got any kind of chemistry with is Adams. Add in rookie receiver mistakes and it's not hard to see why Rodgers has underperformed and the offense has sputtered. Yes, Rodgers deserves some of the blame, but I'm just saying let's not get carried away and break out the pitchforks.
I think part of the issue is him not being great at taking what is there rather than always looking for the big play. If he cant get better at the check downs it will really extend his career

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think part of the issue is him not being great at taking what is there rather than always looking for the big play. If he cant get better at the check downs it will really extend his career

I agree. He looks for the big play too much. Sometimes it pays off as evidence by his TD to Tonyan, but it also can bite the team with stalled-off drives.

Other aspects of the lack of check-downs are the plays being run and the route break-offs. Three drives in a row last night in the second half it was 3rd and short and McCarthy had everyone running 10+ yard routes. Two of those three had absolutely zero check down options available when pressure forced Rodgers to move or dump it off quickly. When Rodgers does have to move, no receivers are coming back to the ball or working to get open towards Rodgers' side of the field. Both issues have reared their ugliness consistently all year long and certainly buried the team last night.