• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MBBRL Vampire League Poll #1

How many rounds should the draft/size of rosters be?

• Total voters

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry, but I just don't see that at all. If you allow guys to use transactions for bye week players, that's even more players that the vampire misses out on. Maybe you guys see this differently, but to me, the whole point of the league is to see if a team made up entirely of guys that weren't drafted could eventually compete with the teams that did the drafting using their savvy on the waiver wire. I just think if you allow transactions for bye week players it might as well be a standard league as it takes all of the strategy away for the non-vampire teams away during the draft and during their matchups against the vampire during the season. If they don't have to worry about bye weeks or whether or not to draft two tight ends, two defenses, two kickers etc. then the draft doesn't mean nearly as much for the non-vampire teams if they can just pick guys up during bye weeks. And if their only defense and only tight end are on bye that week, maybe they choose to not put any of their studs in the lineup against the vampire to protect those players from being "vampired" away.

Just to clarify if there is any misunderstanding on the idea I put out there about the non vampire teams making changes. My idea was two changes per team. If I have the Texans D and on their bye week pick up Miami's D, then pick back up the Texans D after the bye I have used both of my changes. I was not advocating for numerous changes, because I do agree with you that that would defeat the purpose of the league. The first year of a league like this we have to figure out what works best for our group and that may be 20 players per team IDK. The main thing I want is an even playing field for both sides. By that I mean the league should not be so easy for the Vampire to run the table, but it should not be so hard that the Vampire is lucky to win games either.

BTW Bandit I do realize how hard it is to get 12 of us to all agree on the rules and you are doing a great job thus far.:suds:

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been busy going to three straight Rockies games, but I just voted. I have always liked a short bench and this will make the Vampires more formitable early. don't know if that is smart but that is my vote.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to clarify if there is any misunderstanding on the idea I put out there about the non vampire teams making changes. My idea was two changes per team. If I have the Texans D and on their bye week pick up Miami's D, then pick back up the Texans D after the bye I have used both of my changes. I was not advocating for numerous changes, because I do agree with you that that would defeat the purpose of the league. The first year of a league like this we have to figure out what works best for our group and that may be 20 players per team IDK. The main thing I want is an even playing field for both sides. By that I mean the league should not be so easy for the Vampire to run the table, but it should not be so hard that the Vampire is lucky to win games either.

BTW Bandit I do realize how hard it is to get 12 of us to all agree on the rules and you are doing a great job thus far.:suds:

if there is any changes it should be a midseason waiver wire...

but i also think teams should be able to "PROTECT" one player on their roster every week vs a vampire...

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

See I just think that if you're going to allow the transactions, then you could just make the draft two extra rounds instead and solve that same problem. I get what you're saying though. I appreciate the kind words. It's like you said, trying to find that balance the first year is going to be difficult. We might find out after five weeks that each vampire team loses each game by over 50 points and is 0-5 or that each vampire team is already 3-2 and clearly going to dominate the league. We won't really know. I honestly don't think the advantage at quarterback, defense, or kicker will be much at all. And at tight end it won't be that huge. At running back and wide receiver the whole reason I wanted it to be PPR is that brings a lot more relevant guys into play, especially at running back and slot receivers. But I think the difference between 16 and 18 rounds is only really going to make a difference at running back and tight end because we this group we are using the two extra rounds on running backs and wide receivers because I don't really think anybody will draft 3 quarterbacks or 3 tight ends. Some might take a 2nd defense but I can't imagine anybody taking a 2nd kicker. The biggest thing is when will the vampire teams get their first win and "vampire" their first player away from a team. I think if they start 0-4 it's going to be very difficult to make up the difference and make the playoffs which means they'll need to win sometime in the first 4 weeks.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if there is any changes it should be a midseason waiver wire...

but i also think teams should be able to "PROTECT" one player on their roster every week vs a vampire...

You can. If you're a wimp and think you might lose you can put them on your bench and save them all you want. Meanwhile the rest of the league is going to hate you for handing the vampire team a win and making him stronger. And that's part of the fun.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing that we should expect the vampires to go 0-5 or 1-4 in this league. The the whole point of the league is for them to start slow and see if they can catch up by the end. They get stronger with every win and should have the hottest teams at the end of the season.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, 16 is the winner. Even if all the 18's changed to 17 it would still be tied and at that point I'm just not willing to argue about 1 round difference. So the draft will be 16 rounds and I think we have dug our own graves here, but now I'm just hoping to be a vampire. Draft settings will be changed to reflect the number of rounds.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, 16 is the winner. Even if all the 18's changed to 17 it would still be tied and at that point I'm just not willing to argue about 1 round difference. So the draft will be 16 rounds and I think we have dug our own graves here, but now I'm just hoping to be a vampire. Draft settings will be changed to reflect the number of rounds.

I am willing to bet that both vampires don't make the playoffs.

Think it is a lot more likely both miss than both make. It is an uphill battle.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great.. Bandit pissed him off. Now, he's going to kick our ass just for the principalities of it all.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am willing to bet that both vampires don't make the playoffs.

Think it is a lot more likely both miss than both make. It is an uphill battle.
ill take the bet....

I guarantee if I am vampire I will make the playoffs... GUARANTEE IT!!!!

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ill take the bet....

I guarantee if I am vampire I will make the playoffs... GUARANTEE IT!!!!

I guess it depends how many playoff teams there are.

If it is 4, then pretty unlikely either vamp makes it. 6 the odds are quite a bit better. Still no lock though.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If it is 4, then pretty unlikely either vamp makes it. 6 the odds are quite a bit better. Still no lock though.

Lock!!! I always have preseason confidence in myself. I mean before draft. After draft, is a whole other story!!!

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lock!!! I always have preseason confidence in myself. I mean before draft. After draft, is a whole other story!!!
You sound like a Redskins fan...

No offense, TLance.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's 6