• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MBBRL Playoff Seeding Vote

Should the highest seed in each playoff round choose their matchup?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like there was a little back and forth about the playoff matchups. When I made the poll about the changing the format of the playoffs, I didn't realize that we had the rule in place of the higher seed picking their opponents for the playoffs. So, when I wrote it out, I put that the matchups were set, where it should have been stated that the top seed that is playing would get to choose their opponent. This poll is to clarify this.

As I understand it, we need 15 people to vote for changing it to a set playoff schedule based on seeds, since the way it is now is that the top seed gets to choose their opponent. This would be the number 3 seed in the first round (since 1 and 2 get a bye) and then the 1 seed in the second round. Please correct me if I am wrong about the number of votes needed to change. Honestly, I am still not sure that this needs to be officially brought up as a proposal and 2nded before it gets the vote or if it is just clarifying the details of the previous proposal.

At any rate, if we are voting for this thing, here is the poll. If not, disregard this.

@Trudem
@FaCe-LeE-uS
@SoShady
@SmokingMonkey
@Yellow Fuzzies
@me
@MilkSpiller22
@SteelersPride
@Sam Sportboy
@Ram Tough
@ehb5
@TKOSpikes
@Shanemansj13
@Chef99
@broncosmitty
@Stomp
@bksballer89
@obxyankeefan
@jwolt92
@averagejoe
@tlance
@Barilko
@Robotech
@HaroldSeattle

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are off on the seeding.

Without #1 choosing their opponent, 1 seed would either play the winner of the 4/5 game, or the lowest remaining seed if we wanted to reseed as the NFL does.

3 seed would always be on the same side of the bracket as the 2 absent the choice by 1 to play them.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are off on the seeding.

Without #1 choosing their opponent, 1 seed would either play the winner of the 4/5 game, or the lowest remaining seed if we wanted to reseed as the NFL does.

3 seed would always be on the same side of the bracket as the 2 absent the choice by 1 to play them.
It looks like we already have 12 votes to keep it with the top seed choosing their opponent, which would make this a moot point anyway. But I did rush through that when I typed it up. I probably should have broken it down a little more in depth.