• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL MBBRL D2 Taxi Squad vote

Taxi Squad

• Total voters

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simple yes or no

Nine votes wins for yes
Eight votes wins for no

The rules are

At the end of the season the WW is locked, but your roster expands to 25 slots. Once you reach 25, for anybody else added to your team you have to drop one.

Our Rookie/FA draft will be shortly after the NFL draft and will be five rounds. If you reach 25 players before the end of the draft, when your turn to pick comes up you can either Pass the pick or drop a player and draft another.

Once the draft is over, the WW will be opened back up for the Summer.

We will then have a one week cut period, where everybody needs to get down to 20 players (should be around the first week of preseason). During this period the WW will be locked again.

Once that is done, all FA will go on a three day waiver. With a revolving WW list, the order to be determined. (I believe it should be started the same as the draft order, but open for discussion later)

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I should also mention this would start next year. This year's draft will be 20 rounds and the rosters will be set at 20 until the end of this season if voted in.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I voted yes.

Slightly off topic here, but waiver order should be reverse of draft order. Pretty substantial advantage picking near the top here, IMO. No way first pick should also receive first waiver.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before I vote can I just ask (because "dynasty" is new to me) so I'm sorry if this is dumb...

But how would we get new players (rookies I'm guessing) on our team if there is no taxi squad?

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before I vote can I just ask (because "dynasty" is new to me) so I'm sorry if this is dumb...

But how would we get new players (rookies I'm guessing) on our team if there is no taxi squad?
If we have a five round draft, you'd have to drop five players. The particulars of the draft, mandatory # of rounds, if the full five rounds are mandatory, when the cut date would be. ..yada yada..,so smart move by OBX getting this one first

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I voted yes.

Slightly off topic here, but waiver order should be reverse of draft order. Pretty substantial advantage picking near the top here, IMO. No way first pick should also receive first waiver.

What about a bidding waiver system? Any interest in that? (If it's even possible on our site)

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about a bidding waiver system? Any interest in that? (If it's even possible on our site)
Ughh..that's one where even though I said I'd go with the flow, I'd argue HARD against. .hate hate hate, absolutely LOATHE, FAB systems

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ughh..that's one where even though I said I'd go with the flow, I'd argue HARD against. .hate hate hate, absolutely LOATHE, FAB systems

Alright fine with me I'm pretty indifferent to what we decide on everything. Curious as to why you're so opposed though?

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright fine with me I'm pretty indifferent to what we decide on everything. Curious as to why you're so opposed though?
My biggest reason is that it seriously skews things in favor of those who have used it and are "seasoned". To anyone that hasn't, they're clueless as to where to start the bidding. .blow the budget way to early and then are screwed, or they miss out becuase they don't realize they need to bid at least X amount, which if course you'd pick up over time, but I don't want anyone missing out early, or anytime, just becuase they don't fully understand the nuances of the system. But there's others things, like it has nothing to do with your record or points total.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My biggest reason is that it seriously skews things in favor of those who have used it and are "seasoned". To anyone that hasn't, they're clueless as to where to start the bidding. .blow the budget way to early and then are screwed, or they miss out becuase they don't realize they need to bid at least X amount, which if course you'd pick up over time, but I don't want anyone missing out early, or anytime, just becuase they don't fully understand the nuances of the system. But there's others things, like it has nothing to do with your record or points total.

That's actually a really good point. I just joined my first dynasty league and have no idea what to bid on ww.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best of luck there. Do your research, lots of it, before bidding

Thanks, will do. Ww just opened post draft and I only bid on players at the minimum ($0). Not worth spending money I don't need to rn.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If we have a five round draft, you'd have to drop five players. The particulars of the draft, mandatory # of rounds, if the full five rounds are mandatory, when the cut date would be. ..yada yada..,so smart move by OBX getting this one first

In the discussions with Barilko about this, I stated you could pass in the draft. The way we do the draft in D1 is as fair as I have seen.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From reading the discussions on this, I figured it was getting voted in easily. I am surprised how close it is.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I actually disagree with this. I don't think it is much of an advantage for seasoned owners, because every league is different and it is easy to learn. I play in one where you have to bid very agressively to land anybody. Even good streamer D's will cost 3-5% of your budget. I play in another where the bids are very conservative and the strategies in each are much different. In that one, everybody sits on their money and waits to bid it all on the next RB.

Just because I have played FAAB before and others have not, does not give me a significant edge. It is pretty easy to pick up and every league is different. As long as 0 bids are legal, it is not always a bad thing to spend your money early.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually disagree with this. I don't think it is much of an advantage for seasoned owners, because every league is different and it is easy to learn. I play in one where you have to bid very agressively to land anybody. Even good streamer D's will cost 3-5% of your budget. I play in another where the bids are very conservative and the strategies in each are much different. In that one, everybody sits on their money and waits to bid it all on the next RB.

Just because I have played FAAB before and others have not, does not give me a significant edge. It is pretty easy to pick up and every league is different. As long as 0 bids are legal, it is not always a bad thing to spend your money early.

I can't agree with all of that, but I get the logic behind it. That said, $0 bids should never be legal..no money, no player.

And FAAB still has zero to do with your team's performance, so there's still that, which I'll always feel should be a significant factor..the main reason as to why I hate the rolling wire.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Realistically, your DRAFT, if it were strong, should not only give you starters but also solidify your bench.
Teams that had a weak draft may need free agency more.
And they're the owners who may overbid because they NEED the depth more.

Don't get me wrong, strong teams should be upgrading their bench as well.
But stronger teams may not see the budgetary need to do so as radically as a weak owner.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like we will have an off season Taxi.

I will need to save this thread, so we have the rules.

On to scoring.