• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL MBBRL D2 IR Poll

How many IR spots

• Total voters

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ps i still didnt vote
not that it matters

but i would vote infinite also
BUT ONLY IF IR meant IR/PUP and not out/injured

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ps i still didnt vote
not that it matters

but i would vote infinite also
BUT ONLY IF IR meant IR/PUP and not out/injured

IR is only players that Fantrax flags. I have it set to only players on the NFL IR or PUP list.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since everyone is checking in on the eve of the 2022 NFL draft, was wondering if we could revisit this?

I would love to add another IR spot or 2 (or 3 or 4). But I'll take what I can get.

My reasoning has more to do with the level of competitiveness in this league - not to mention that there are 16 teams.
We make quite the effort to retain players, hoping they turn the corner or get their shot eventually.
But then injuries start to pile up and if you have more than 2 players get hurt, then you are forced to jettison a player.
Just never seemed fair to me that in a dynasty league, you are forced to cut ties with long-term prospects because you need a lower-tiered backup.
Or you're forced to make a trade which puts the owner with the injured player in more of a no-win trade scenario since the other owners know why he is hoping to find a trade partner.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since everyone is checking in on the eve of the 2022 NFL draft, was wondering if we could revisit this?

I would love to add another IR spot or 2 (or 3 or 4). But I'll take what I can get.

My reasoning has more to do with the level of competitiveness in this league - not to mention that there are 16 teams.
We make quite the effort to retain players, hoping they turn the corner or get their shot eventually.
But then injuries start to pile up and if you have more than 2 players get hurt, then you are forced to jettison a player.
Just never seemed fair to me that in a dynasty league, you are forced to cut ties with long-term prospects because you need a lower-tiered backup.
Or you're forced to make a trade which puts the owner with the injured player in more of a no-win trade scenario since the other owners know why he is hoping to find a trade partner.
My vote remains at the 2, but I have no problem revisiting

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Reading the original thread. Looks like we almost went to infinite. So I think if we do change we should change to that. Or at least have a poll to decide.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im good with 2 or 3 but what i dont like is when a drop is made to pick up a FA on ir and then adding another FA

tough to monitor but in my league if the fa is on ir he cannot be picked up

only players already rostered can be placed on ir

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im good with 2 or 3 but what i dont like is when a drop is made to pick up a FA on ir and then adding another FA

Yeah agree 100% on that.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think more is better, but I also agree with Barilko on this.

Should not be allowed to add an injured player and directly stash on IR.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would take alot of monitor but I like the idea behind it.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah agree 100% on that.

I think more is better, but I also agree with Barilko on this.

Should not be allowed to add an injured player and directly stash on IR.

That would take alot of monitor but I like the idea behind it.
Weird....I have absolutely zero problem with this. Still need an open space on the active roster to add the IR'ed player and then place him on yoir IR, I'm surprised anyone has a problem with that

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fantrax has an option to not allow any pickups of IR players or not allow any pickups of any red flagged players. If you went with red flagged means any one who is day to day, so no Patriots and near the end of the year there would be no one to pick up.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weird....I have absolutely zero problem with this. Still need an open space on the active roster to add the IR'ed player and then place him on yoir IR, I'm surprised anyone has a problem with that
I could go either way. Just not trying to make waves as the new guy. People may think its a way to skirting roster restrictions. Who knows.

Just happy to be in the league now. I regret not jumping in at the beginning.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way this league is set up with the Taxi Squad and no IR during the offseason, I would be willing to change it up to 5 IR. But no more then that.

My reasoning is when I redo the league each year, I redo it with no IR. Any players that are on IR just get transferred over to the new 5 players for the Taxi Squad. If the IR was more than 5 then I would have to go through the mess that @treff does in D1 with telling everyone that they have to make a decision and then hope that everyone gets the message. So keeping it at 5 or less saves me 1 headache.

Last edited:

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way this league is set up with the Taxi Squad and no IR during the offseason, I would be willing to change it up to 5 IR. But no more then that.

My reasoning is when I redo the league each year, I redo it with no IR. Any players that are on IR just get transferred over to the new 5 players for the Taxi Squad. If the IR was more than 5 then I would have to go through the mess that @tlance does in D1 with telling everyone that they have to make a decision and then hope that everyone gets the message. So keeping it at 5 or less saves me 1 headache.
I wish Tlance had to be the one to do that

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish Tlance had to be the one to do that

Oops.

Britney Spears Oops GIF by Rosanna Pansino

Angry Lilo And Stitch GIF

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could go either way. Just not trying to make waves as the new guy. People may think its a way to skirting roster restrictions. Who knows.

Just happy to be in the league now. I regret not jumping in at the beginning.
well IF the utter insanity of 'unlimited IR spots" were to ever become a reality, then I can get behind this %100, as nothing could stop someone from sitting there all day long adding IR'ed FA's and having a 100 man roster. As is, I just don't see the problem

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fantrax has an option to not allow any pickups of IR players or not allow any pickups of any red flagged players. If you went with red flagged means any one who is day to day, so no Patriots and near the end of the year there would be no one to pick up.
I was about to say with the options Fantrax gives you would think there is one for locking flagged players or something.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, that went over my head too

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you only have 2-3 IR spots, I don't care how you add the players to get them there to "stash" them. If there were really any good for more than 1 or 2 week fill-in it might be a different story, but then one of the 16 owners would've already had them on their bench.

I don't care if someone thinks they pulled a fast one on me cause they got to stash WR144 on the season who has a great shot at being WR130 next year, and I missed out on that big prize