• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Maybe my favorite Giant

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. Definitely the most exciting and gut-wrenching sport season of my young life to that point. I always remember getting Salomon Torres' autograph the day before that fateful game.

I was a big fan of Bill Swift, too. I guess most of his career was with Seattle, but like many of the late-career Giants, I always thought he'd stick with the orange and black, organizationally.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only pitched three years for us, but I loved this guy:

http://www.knbr.com/portals/3/podcasts/giants/pregame/0410 - billy swift 2011.mp3

His 1993 was a thing of freaking BEAUTY

Right there with ya

93 was the first full year me and my mom spent a huge amount of time at the Stick.

She is a devoted but nervous fan and 1993 was perfect for her to enjoy and not freak out over the Giants. 93 was, in my mind, the complete team, with each player playing their role exactly to the tee.

Burkett got the publicity but Swift was the far more effective pitcher. He was a Greg Maddux doppelganger, always sniping the corners and dropping that beautiful curve..seemed like every count began 0-2.

I especially liked him as a kid because for a pitcher he could hit.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. Definitely the most exciting and gut-wrenching sport season of my young life to that point. I always remember getting Salomon Torres' autograph the day before that fateful game.

I was a big fan of Bill Swift, too. I guess most of his career was with Seattle, but like many of the late-career Giants, I always thought he'd stick with the orange and black, organizationally.

The Giants do an amazing job preserving the history of the franchise. Each player is like a living monument.

Fantastic memories (that last series vs. the dogs never happened either) my edited version of that year has a much better ending.

Anyone remember Kevin Rogers and that crescent moon shaped indentation he left after each pitch? One of the random, useless tidbits of Giants info I keep with a fondness lol

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Swifty was so damn economical with his pitches. How many times in 93 was he at 75 pitches through 7?

Plus, he's from Maine.

And that's pretty cool. Not too many pro ballplayers from Maine...much more noted for it's lesbians and maple syrup.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Swifty was so damn economical with his pitches. How many times in 93 was he at 75 pitches through 7?

Plus, he's from Maine.

And that's pretty cool. Not too many pro ballplayers from Maine...much more noted for it's lesbians and maple syrup.

Is that like a chicken and waffles thing?

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sort of, but not as tasty.

Is that a veiled way of saying lesbians don't douche? I refuse to accept that. Maybe it's just the wanting what I can't have, but I assume lesbians taste wonderful, especially with maple syrup. That's it. I'm moving to Maine.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that a veiled way of saying lesbians don't douche? I refuse to accept that. Maybe it's just the wanting what I can't have, but I assume lesbians taste wonderful, especially with maple syrup. That's it. I'm moving to Maine.

Clearly, you've not had top shelf chicken and waffles....