• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Maybe LeBron should of went to the Clippers

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Expecting Gallo to stay healthy to start with, lol.
shiti dont expect Gallo to stay healthy the whole year- is it impossible? no....likely? def. not.

I def. dont expect him to continue to shoot damn near 50% from 3 either....

but right now as we sit- Gallo and Harris are better than any Laker not named LeBron

Harrell and Kuzma are very even.

Id rather take Beverly and Bradley than Rondo and Stephenson

and as i said- McGee and Chandler and Boban and Gortat are pretty much a wash.

id prefer SGA over Ball- but no one could definitively say either is head and shoulders better than the other.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1.5 games separate the Lakers and Clippers
What separated the Lakers from the Clippers in the summer when making his decision as to what team to sign with was

LAKERS 16 CHAMPIONSHIPS

CLIPPERS 0 CHAMPIONSHIPS

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What separated the Lakers from the Clippers in the summer when making his decision as to what team to sign with was

LAKERS 16 CHAMPIONSHIPS

CLIPPERS 0 CHAMPIONSHIPS
Oh @Mecca is not going to like you for this comment!!!

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shiti dont expect Gallo to stay healthy the whole year- is it impossible? no....likely? def. not.

I def. dont expect him to continue to shoot damn near 50% from 3 either....

but right now as we sit- Gallo and Harris are better than any Laker not named LeBron

Harrell and Kuzma are very even.

Id rather take Beverly and Bradley than Rondo and Stephenson

and as i said- McGee and Chandler and Boban and Gortat are pretty much a wash.

id prefer SGA over Ball- but no one could definitively say either is head and shoulders better than the other.

This season's roster is merely a bridge to next season's, not an end result. Of course the team's stats are similar thus far; they're only two games apart in the standings.

Who you prefer doesn't matter; obviously wasn't who Lebron preferred.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This season's roster is merely a bridge to next season's, not an end result. Of course the team's stats are similar thus far; they're only two games apart in the standings.

Who you prefer doesn't matter; obviously wasn't who Lebron preferred.

Exactly. These "Lebron should have gone here" and "Lebron would have fit better there" posts and threads are just butthurt Cavs fans trying to work through the stages of grief.

It's pretty funny that they want to pretend that this current roster is the one the Lakers going to try to win titles with.

Lebron knew the deal when he signed. PG and I believe at least one other player that the Lakers were going to target (KD?) signed before Lebron did. So he knew that he wo coming to the Lakers by himself and that meant waiting until at least next year before being in a position to contend.

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,643.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He could of went to the clippers. But goin to the clippers like what goin to the Mets is in ny. You want to go where the legends have played. Lakers have Kobe shaq etc. and the Yankees had jeter Clemons Rivera Williams posada a rod

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. These "Lebron should have gone here" and "Lebron would have fit better there" posts and threads are just butthurt Cavs fans trying to work through the stages of grief.

It's pretty funny that they want to pretend that this current roster is the one the Lakers going to try to win titles with.

Lebron knew the deal when he signed. PG and I believe at least one other player that the Lakers were going to target (KD?) signed before Lebron did. So he knew that he wo coming to the Lakers by himself and that meant waiting until at least next year before being in a position to contend.

Well 1. It's Wiggy's opinion...

2. who gives a fuck about Wiggy's opinion...? :lol:

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Relax, I'm not butthurt just stirring it up a little, of course going to the Lakers was the right move.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm shocked that there still are Cavs fans. Well I just see one. They were Heat fans at one time and I just figured after being Cavs fans again they switched to the Lakers. Poor Wiggy. Peace.

Been a Cavs fans long for LeBron and will be a Cavs long after LeBron, with no other team in between.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Relax, I'm not butthurt just stirring it up a little, of course going to the Lakers was the right move.
they get a little testy...lol......its a little bit of a gut punch when LeBron goes to Miami and has Wade and Bosh and the expectations is multiple Finals and Championships, and when LeBron goes to Cleveland he has Irving and Love and the expectation is multiple Finals and championships....and then he goes to LA and Paul George wont even give them a meeting and the expectation is maybe winning in the first round.

I got what you were saying- and just commented on it--- that at least RIGHT NOW, the Clippers roster is much better off than what the Lakers was--- but that may change if the Lakers can pull off getting another viable max player next summer. We shall see if they can pull it off.

Apparently people think Durant is a possibility. I think that Kyrie, Butler, Klay, Kawhi are pipe dreams, but we shall see what happens.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the thing. I get that based on what Lebron has had in the past has worked to an extent. But it also appears that it may not be what he wanted anymore.

Some of the Cavs fan say that the formula that worked was having Lebron and surrounding him with shooters. That's not entirely true.

Lebron's 3 titles were the result of Lebron and another dynamic player being surrounded by shooters who were role players. In Miami, he won 2 with himself, D-Wade, Bosh and shooters like Ray Allen and Mike Miller.

In Cleveland it took Lebron, Kyrie, Love, some role player shooters, Steph not being 100% and Draymond being an idiot to get 1 title. Even then, it was as much about the Cavs playing physical defense as anything.

Last year, when it was Lebron and shooters...they got swept and it wasn't particularly close.

Last year, Lebron and shooters didn't really work. Sure, they got to the finals, but they also got crushed in 4 games.

To accomplish that, Lebron had to play all 82 games and a helluva lot of minutes with everything having to run through him at all times.

One of the things that's being said out here is that Magic's comments about not wanting to "turn into Cleveland" may be a look at exactly what he and Lebron talked about.

That they wouldn't be expecting a title this year, would try to get him another dynamic player and get long, athletic players who aren't afraid to play physical defense. That's the type of team that the Warriors typically struggle with. Teams that try to outshoot them, don't tend to fare very well.

Lebron needs other all stars and shooters. What lebron does in the playoffs is dominate the ball and he likes to drive and kick it to 3 point shooters. He also needs another star so he doesn't have to do EVERYTHING even though he typically ends up leading the teams in every statistic like he did in Miami and Cle. When Durant joined GS, he needed even more. He needed Kyrie another new star and love with shooters. Problem is he never got a new star and lost Kyrie.

"In Cleveland it took Lebron, Kyrie, Love, some role player shooters, Steph not being 100% and Draymond being an idiot to get 1 title. Even then, it was as much about the Cavs playing physical defense as anything."

It also took GS to win their first title by not having Kyrie and Love play at all. I think their is a good chance Curry/Green/Thompson would have never beaten a team of Irving/Lebron/Love. It's why they ran for Durant, they most likely knew this. Lebron almost took them out single handily without any stars. If Curry had lost Green and Thompson could he have taken the cavs to 6?

What Magic has now with the lakers and Lebron is what Cleveland had prior to lebron going to the Heat. Also, sometimes planning to beat one team, another team comes out of nowhere. Best move is to get as good as possible and not worry about other teams.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they get a little testy

Seems like the only ones that are testy are the jilted ex-girlfriends such as yourself.

Otherwise, why keep posting the same crap over and over? Seems like you're trying to work through something.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What Magic has now with the lakers and Lebron is what Cleveland had prior to lebron going to the Heat. Also, sometimes planning to beat one team, another team comes out of nowhere. Best move is to get as good as possible and not worry about other teams.

The difference is, this isn't the roster that the Lakers are going to be trying to be a contender with. That Cleveland roster was the roster they were trying to contend with.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't see why any Cavs fans would be butthurt. The writing was on the wall. Possibly make a finals and lose again was about the best it could be, then be stuck with a huge bloated contract and little chance to win. They are better off rebuilding. They may have actually been better off trading lebron last year after Kyrie was gone, because they didn't really have a shot last year either, but i don't know if Lebron had a no trade clause.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see why any Cavs fans would be butthurt. The writing was on the wall. Possibly make a finals and lose again was about the best it could be, then be stuck with a huge bloated contract and little chance to win. They are better off rebuilding. They may have actually been better off trading lebron last year after Kyrie was gone, because they didn't really have a shot last year either, but i don't know if Lebron had a no trade clause.

You're not one of the butthurt ones. Truth to tell, there's really only 1 (at least here). lol

Hint: It's not the OP either.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference is, this isn't the roster that the Lakers are going to be trying to be a contender with. That Cleveland roster was the roster they were trying to contend with.
correction- you HOPE its not the roster the Lakers are going to try and contend with.

As we both know- they TRIED to spend the cap space this summer on Paul George and were rebuffed.

they will try again this upcoming summer. We shall see what the results are.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they get a little testy...lol......its a little bit of a gut punch when LeBron goes to Miami and has Wade and Bosh and the expectations is multiple Finals and Championships, and when LeBron goes to Cleveland he has Irving and Love and the expectation is multiple Finals and championships....and then he goes to LA and Paul George wont even give them a meeting and the expectation is maybe winning in the first round.

I got what you were saying- and just commented on it--- that at least RIGHT NOW, the Clippers roster is much better off than what the Lakers was--- but that may change if the Lakers can pull off getting another viable max player next summer. We shall see if they can pull it off.

Apparently people think Durant is a possibility. I think that Kyrie, Butler, Klay, Kawhi are pipe dreams, but we shall see what happens.

Kyrie is a crack-pipe dream. Lakers want no part of that score first point guard that doesn't get along with Lebron lol.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Will this be the first time in 7 years the Lakers finish with a better record than the Clips? If not this it may be a long time til they do.