• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mavs Talk

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone like basketball here? The Mavericks forum on this site is dead

Mavericks mix of players is looking good so far, just need to get Powell & JJ healthy and figure out the rotations

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone like basketball here? The Mavericks forum on this site is dead

Mavericks mix of players is looking good so far, just need to get Powell & JJ healthy and figure out the rotations

they might actually be the best team in Texas. They haven’t been able to make that claim for awhile.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They got robbed tonight on that overturned foul call

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They got robbed tonight on that overturned foul call
I didn't see the game tonight but I looked at the box score and to shoot 50 3 pt shots is a little absurd. The defense doesn't have to work as hard when you are doing that. They had a great 1st quarter then leveled off after that. But I like what we in Luka and Porzingas to take over for Dirk. I feel we came out pretty good on that transition.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see the game tonight but I looked at the box score and to shoot 50 3 pt shots is a little absurd. The defense doesn't have to work as hard when you are doing that. They had a great 1st quarter then leveled off after that. But I like what we in Luka and Porzingas to take over for Dirk. I feel we came out pretty good on that transition.

They play the pick and roll real well together, too many rushed 3 pointers in the middle of the shot clock though, Luka really needs to work on his 3 point and foul shooting

C - Powell
PF - KP
SF - Luka
SG - Curry
PG - Wright

We'll be better once Powell is healthy and pushed Kleber to a reserve role, I'd also play Finney-Smith more at the 4 in small ball lineups

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They play the pick and roll real well together, too many rushed 3 pointers in the middle of the shot clock though, Luka really needs to work on his 3 point and foul shooting

C - Powell
PF - KP
SF - Luka
SG - Curry
PG - Wright

We'll be better once Powell is healthy and pushed Kleber to a reserve role, I'd also play Finney-Smith more at the 4 in small ball lineups

they’re finally trying to actually build a team. It seemed like for several years Cuban kept trying to rebuild through free agency alone and it never worked.

took him awhile to figure out that Dallas isn’t LA, Chicago, New York, or Miami.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bench obviously won that one. Luka should not be that bad of a free throw shooter. Him and Porzingas couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bench obviously won that one. Luka should not be that bad of a free throw shooter. Him and Porzingas couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.

Nice to see the ability to win when KP and Luka aren't playing well, should be interesting to see what the rotation ends up being

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you imagine how good the Mavs would be if Cuban hadn’t been so pompous and cocky and slept through the first two weeks of free agency?

“Don’t worry, nobody big or worthwhile is going to sign on day 1.”

He legitimately FORGOT to call Patrick Beverley despite telling him they would. It’s not a rumor. They even admitted it.

Once again, Cuban and his smug arrogance overplayed his hand and mis-read the landscape of the NBA, and the Mavs were left out as losers. They had more cap space than almost every other team... enough for 1 Max player or 2 really good ones, and they came away with nobody of any value. Then, once they realized their miscalculation and that the rest of the basketball world was laughing at their inactivity, they doubled down on their stupidity by blowing a chunk of their cap space on Seth Curry and Boban Marjanovic. Curry sees limited minutes and hasn’t been a big contributor at all, and Marjanovic frequently gets DNP’s. Now imagine instead of those two spares we had usable rotation pieces like Beverley or Danny Green (just to name a few who could have been had).

I swear, Mark Cuban stumbles ass-backwards into the most fortuitous situations that not even James Dolan could mess up, and yet somehow ol’ Cubes does just that. He was GIFTED Dirk by the Nelsons and proceeded to waste his entire career by: a) saying Nash was washed up and letting him walk, b) failing to put together any kind of legit core around Dirk for almost his entire career, c) always trying to sign the pie-in-the-sky free agents like Howard and DWill instead of focusing on acquiring multiple realistic next tier targets, and d) breaking up the championship team because he just “knew” how the NBA works (at least he finally admitted he was full of it on that one).

Now, he somehow lucked into a sweet draft pick during the perfect draft year, and Donnie suckered Atlanta into giving up a generational talent in Doncic for a high scorer/chucker in Young. Then Donnie took advantage of the dumpster fire that is the New York Knicks and got the unicorn Porzingis for a soggy bologna sandwich. So Cuban is sitting there with two of the best players in the NBA at the relative beginning of their careers and the cap space to actually add a THIRD elite star to the mix or at least two very good role players, and what does he do? He does nothing at all while all other teams take action, then he acts genuinely surprised that he missed out on all of the good players. It’s unreal.

They’re a pretty solid team as constructed... not elite, but decent. But I just get so upset at the thought of how good they could have been had they even remotely tried in free agency. I’ve truly never seen a team just completely forget what they were doing like that. Even their biggest fanboy/ lapdog Mike Fisher criticized them for having literally no plan whatsoever for free agency.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kind of like the idea of trading for Chris Paul. He's still got something left and would be a great fit

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Waaaay too much money. Mavs need another piece, but I'd pass on Paul and that ridiculous contract.
Cuban's got the money. I think he would be worth several wins a year, maybe an extra round in the playoffs

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you imagine how good the Mavs would be if Cuban hadn’t been so pompous and cocky and slept through the first two weeks of free agency?

“Don’t worry, nobody big or worthwhile is going to sign on day 1.”

He legitimately FORGOT to call Patrick Beverley despite telling him they would. It’s not a rumor. They even admitted it.

Once again, Cuban and his smug arrogance overplayed his hand and mis-read the landscape of the NBA, and the Mavs were left out as losers. They had more cap space than almost every other team... enough for 1 Max player or 2 really good ones, and they came away with nobody of any value. Then, once they realized their miscalculation and that the rest of the basketball world was laughing at their inactivity, they doubled down on their stupidity by blowing a chunk of their cap space on Seth Curry and Boban Marjanovic. Curry sees limited minutes and hasn’t been a big contributor at all, and Marjanovic frequently gets DNP’s. Now imagine instead of those two spares we had usable rotation pieces like Beverley or Danny Green (just to name a few who could have been had).

I swear, Mark Cuban stumbles ass-backwards into the most fortuitous situations that not even James Dolan could mess up, and yet somehow ol’ Cubes does just that. He was GIFTED Dirk by the Nelsons and proceeded to waste his entire career by: a) saying Nash was washed up and letting him walk, b) failing to put together any kind of legit core around Dirk for almost his entire career, c) always trying to sign the pie-in-the-sky free agents like Howard and DWill instead of focusing on acquiring multiple realistic next tier targets, and d) breaking up the championship team because he just “knew” how the NBA works (at least he finally admitted he was full of it on that one).

Now, he somehow lucked into a sweet draft pick during the perfect draft year, and Donnie suckered Atlanta into giving up a generational talent in Doncic for a high scorer/chucker in Young. Then Donnie took advantage of the dumpster fire that is the New York Knicks and got the unicorn Porzingis for a soggy bologna sandwich. So Cuban is sitting there with two of the best players in the NBA at the relative beginning of their careers and the cap space to actually add a THIRD elite star to the mix or at least two very good role players, and what does he do? He does nothing at all while all other teams take action, then he acts genuinely surprised that he missed out on all of the good players. It’s unreal.

They’re a pretty solid team as constructed... not elite, but decent. But I just get so upset at the thought of how good they could have been had they even remotely tried in free agency. I’ve truly never seen a team just completely forget what they were doing like that. Even their biggest fanboy/ lapdog Mike Fisher criticized them for having literally no plan whatsoever for free agency.

I would've loved Beverley but I think he was ultimately going back to the Clippers no matter what. Disagree if you want but thats what I think. Danny Green is another story though, he would've been perfect (as would Beverley, though I thought Wright was a good pick up)

Personally I liked the Curry signing but I cannot for the life of me make sense of Carlisle's rotations or units... a lot of players like Curry, Wright, DFS seem to be being misused

And Luka, you're not a good 3 point shooter, yet, stop chunking up 30 footers off the dribble with 20 seconds left on the shot clock... He's a transcendent talent but his ego is growing faster than his game

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kind of like the idea of trading for Chris Paul. He's still got something left and would be a great fit

God no, prima donna attitude and can't stay healthy and super expensive, plus Paul and Luka fighting over the ball would not be good

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would've loved Beverley but I think he was ultimately going back to the Clippers no matter what. Disagree if you want but thats what I think. Danny Green is another story though, he would've been perfect (as would Beverley, though I thought Wright was a good pick up)

Personally I liked the Curry signing but I cannot for the life of me make sense of Carlisle's rotations or units... a lot of players like Curry, Wright, DFS seem to be being misused

And Luka, you're not a good 3 point shooter, yet, stop chunking up 30 footers off the dribble with 20 seconds left on the shot clock... He's a transcendent talent but his ego is growing faster than his game

No, I agree 100% with everything you’ve said here. Beverley was no slam dunk to be here. I just couldn’t believe that he had a meeting with Cuban on the books right after free agency started, and Cuban and Donnie both got so sidetracked with the Kemba Walker situation that they completely forgot about their meeting with Beverley. I’ve never heard of an owner/GM dropping the ball that badly.

Also, what on Earth was that whole Kelly Olynyk-Goran Dragic trade fiasco?!?! That made the Mavs look HORRIBLE! It was like Cuban and Donnie got blackout drunk for 2 weeks and completely forgot what they were doing.

And I love Luka, and even love his overconfidence. I actually think that’s something that DFW sports have sorely missed in general- someone like a Kobe Bryant who is fearless and cocky to a fault. But you are right that it’s starting to go to his head a bit too much. They need a strong veteran presence there to reign him in a bit and get him to play within himself and his skill set just a little more. The 3’s from the parking lot need to come back down to Earth. He needs to find a way to get Porzingis more involved. Those two show signs of having great chemistry together at times, and other times not so much. Still a work in progress, though.

And romtour point, Curry is an ok player. But it was stupid for them to shell out ANY money on him at all if Carlisle was just going to bury him near the end of the bench and give him 10-12 minutes a night. If that’s how it’s going to be, they should have just given those minutes to Broekhoff and saved the cap space.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I agree 100% with everything you’ve said here. Beverley was no slam dunk to be here. I just couldn’t believe that he had a meeting with Cuban on the books right after free agency started, and Cuban and Donnie both got so sidetracked with the Kemba Walker situation that they completely forgot about their meeting with Beverley. I’ve never heard of an owner/GM dropping the ball that badly.

Also, what on Earth was that whole Kelly Olynyk-Goran Dragic trade fiasco?!?! That made the Mavs look HORRIBLE! It was like Cuban and Donnie got blackout drunk for 2 weeks and completely forgot what they were doing.

And I love Luka, and even love his overconfidence. I actually think that’s something that DFW sports have sorely missed in general- someone like a Kobe Bryant who is fearless and cocky to a fault. But you are right that it’s starting to go to his head a bit too much. They need a strong veteran presence there to reign him in a bit and get him to play within himself and his skill set just a little more. The 3’s from the parking lot need to come back down to Earth. He needs to find a way to get Porzingis more involved. Those two show signs of having great chemistry together at times, and other times not so much. Still a work in progress, though.

And romtour point, Curry is an ok player. But it was stupid for them to shell out ANY money on him at all if Carlisle was just going to bury him near the end of the bench and give him 10-12 minutes a night. If that’s how it’s going to be, they should have just given those minutes to Broekhoff and saved the cap space.

Yeah the whole infatuation with Kemba was stupid

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The front office was at dinner with Kristaps as free agency was kicking off and all the good free agents came off the board. Just incomprehensible levels of incompetence. They're the only team that didn't tamper. Imagine Malcolm Brogdon on this team. UGH

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
based on injuries i'm not surprised, but the Warriors are 2-12, warms my heart