• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Matthew Slater

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wide Receiver...I cannot find much for stats though...1 reception in 5 years?

Seriously? 1 in 5 years?

Now I know, he's a special teams ace, ad has a history retuning punts and kick offs, and a history of great tackles, but that's my question...All those great tackles.

Why has he not been utilized as a Corner or Safety? The secondary has been riddled with holes of years late, and with Ras-I pulling a Maroney, and Dennard on thin ice with "The Man", why not let Slater play in the backfield too?

Has it ever been tried? I cannot find any stats on it. I know they did it with Edelman and of course Troy Brown, but I have not found That it has been done with Slater. If he can't catch the ball as a WR One would think he could at least deflect it as a corner.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was pretty much starting at safety for a bit I think 2 seasons ago now, when we were really having safety issues. He wasn't all that impressive. If we are relying on him playing defense we are in trouble again. He is good at what he does but I don't think that extends to playing defense.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was pretty much starting at safety for a bit I think 2 seasons ago now, when we were really having safety issues. QUOTE]

Patrick Chung, Brandon Meriwether, James Idhegidibo (!?), Sergio Brown, James Sanders, Ross Vertrone (?) Somebody Magowen, ...I do not recall Slater playing DB at all.

Must have had a busy fall.

Last edited by a moderator:

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't remember what season but he played a significant number of snaps.

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
per wiki...

2011 season[edit source | edit]

In the 2011 season, Matthew was voted to be the Special Teams Captain by his teammates.[6][7]
Slater created a niche as a special teams force, leading the Patriots with 17 regular season special teams tackles in 2011; however, he had a presence in all three phases throughout the 2011 season. In the season opener against the Miami Dolphins, Slater made the Patriots’ first big play of the season catching a 46-yard reception from Tom Brady, and set the team up for the Patriots’ first touchdown of the season.[8] Slater returned 4 kickoffs for 68 yards (average of 17.0 yards per return).[9] He significantly contributed in the defensive backfield, and started in three games as safety. In his defensive start against the Indianapolis Colts, he forced a fumble and finished the game with a team high six tackles.[10] In the post season AFC Divisional Playoff game, Slater had 1 special team tackle.
Slater was selected for the 2012 Pro Bowl and the 2011 Pro Football Writers Association (PFW/PFWA) All-Pro teams including All-NFL and All-AFC as a special teamer.[11][12][13][14] The Slaters are one of five active father-son families selected to at least one Pro Bowl apiece. The others are Gill and Jairus Byrd; Archie, Eli, and Peyton Manning; Clay and Clay Matthews; and Kellen and Kellen Winslow.[15]

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought he would make a decent slot guy, but I think his hands are an issue. He has the speed.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Episode 6 You Stink GIF by BLoafX

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Took a very hot shower this morning. Tried to adjust the shower valve but the cartridge is bad.
Home Depot has one in stock so I'm on my way.
If I break the 23 year old shower valve off I will have a bigger problem and no shower and no water!
Glad I took a shower before trying to fix!

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Home Depot has one in stock so I'm on my way.
Good luck. Be patient. Had the same problem, I was lucky because the entire shower plumbing system was available through a trash closet in the kitchen and the wall was a section of wood panel that had been painted white.