• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Matt Nagy needs to go.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just kidding, you guys are retarded. Lulz

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahaha, good one. And the way some of these guys here have been whining the past couple of days, your post actually blended in.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just kidding, you guys are retarded. Lulz

I get what you're trying to do here... but... this is a false equivalency to the Trubisky thread.

Trubs now has a 13 game body of work. Nearly a full season. I think after 13 games, passing a little judgement on Nagy will be well within the parameters of acceptable.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get what you're trying to do here... but... this is a false equivalency to the Trubisky thread.

Trubs now has a 13 game body of work. Nearly a full season. I think after 13 games, passing a little judgement on Nagy will be well within the parameters of acceptable.

Well, I think he played fairly admirable last season, considering what he had to work with.

Hard for me to put too much stock in last year.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I think he played fairly admirable last season, considering what he had to work with.

Hard for me to put too much stock in last year.

It's admirable if he improves upon it. It was an okay base to start off with. However, the issue is that he continued to look like the exact same QB with a vastly superior supporting cast on Sunday night. The same tendencies, the same low Y/A, the same panic under pressure and not keeping his eyes downfield. That scares me. If he continues to look this way - then I get worried that this is simply what he is.

I see a lot of raw athleticism and arm talent under comfortable circumstances. What worries me is his lack of "instincts". When the design works, he's fine. He moves with command, he fires with command... because he knows where he's going with the ball and he sees that his receiver is open. He does not have to think or "feel". Under any other kind of circumstance; there's hesitation, there's happy feet... etc... Whether that be pressure, his first read not being open or what have you.

In the 4th, he just looked terrified to make a mistake. Especially on the final drive.

These are all things that should get a little bit better as he gets more experience and more experience within the offense. However, it's just disingenuous (IMO) to sit around here and act like there's just no reason for a little anxiety over Trubs.

I started a thread called "Mitchell Trubisky is NOT good" - Not because I think he's a lost cause. However, it's just what I see RIGHT NOW. It's obvious that he's currently a sub-standard NFL QB and I think we all hoped for more than that.

This whole thing hinges on him. We've done so much good as an organization to make this team competitive and create optimism. However, if THIS is who Mitch Trubisky is as a QB... It's all a lost cause. Judging by what we've seen so far. Some anxiety over that concept is not an unfounded reaction...

Again, this is not "abandon ship!" - this is "Oh boy... let's get this f'n thing going. I have to see something from the kid."

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's admirable if he improves upon it. It was an okay base to start off with. However, the issue is that he continued to look like the exact same QB with a vastly superior supporting cast on Sunday night. The same tendencies, the same low Y/A, the same panic under pressure and not keeping his eyes downfield. That scares me. If he continues to look this way - then I get worried that this is simply what he is.

I see a lot of raw athleticism and arm talent under comfortable circumstances. What worries me is his lack of "instincts". When the design works, he's fine. He moves with command, he fires with command... because he knows where he's going with the ball and he sees that his receiver is open. He does not have to think or "feel". Under any other kind of circumstance; there's hesitation, there's happy feet... etc... Whether that be pressure, his first read not being open or what have you.

In the 4th, he just looked terrified to make a mistake. Especially on the final drive.

These are all things that should get a little bit better as he gets more experience and more experience within the offense. However, it's just disingenuous (IMO) to sit around here and act like there's just no reason for a little anxiety over Trubs.

I started a thread called "Mitchell Trubisky is NOT good" - Not because I think he's a lost cause. However, it's just what I see RIGHT NOW. It's obvious that he's currently a sub-standard NFL QB and I think we all hoped for more than that.

This whole thing hinges on him. We've done so much good as an organization to make this team competitive and create optimism. However, if THIS is who Mitch Trubisky is as a QB... It's all a lost cause. Judging by what we've seen so far. Some anxiety over that concept is not an unfounded reaction...

Again, this is not "abandon ship!" - this is "Oh boy... let's get this f'n thing going. I have to see something from the kid."
I don't see how you don't have anxiety until you see Trubisky actually win a game for us, not just not lose it.

I think we need to turn him loose and let him take his lumps. John Fox tried to win by asking him to not make mistakes, Nagy asked him to win Sunday by not making mistakes. When are we going to ask him to win by making some plays? He'll throw interceptions, every quarterback does to some extent. He'll never know what throws he can and can't make if he's not allowed to both make some determination of the coverage then be allowed to sling it.

My biggest fear with this team now is that since the Mack trade, this defense is going to be capable of taking us a long way. We cannot let that be an excuse to purposely stunt Trubisky's development saying "well he just needs to take care of the ball and manage the game." That's how talented QBs get marginalized and then can't win games for you in crunch time when you need them to.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A second year QB with 20 lifetime starts, was afraid of fucking up late in the 4th, in Lambeau, opening week, against an arch rival who has flat-fucking owned us for a decade, after building a 20-0 lead, and watching them eradicate said lead in a span of like 10 fucking minutes...color me shocked.

This starts at the top. Nagy was scared. Fangio was scared. Their playcalling said as much. Had they had a pair, Trubs would've never been in that situation to begin with. I agree that the Bears collapsed in the 4th. All of them. And I agree he looked scared to fuck it up. Seems somewhat normal for a young QB in that situation, IMO. He is raw, and I don't really expect him to be elite just yet, but the Bears as a whole shut down, not just Trubs.

Is he an elite QB? Of course not. Not yet. I don't think anyone needs a thread or an internet QB coach to tell them that.

He's young, and the coaching staff put him in a terrible spot, Sunday nite, and despite all that, they still probably should've won. Hopefully they've all learned not to stop doing what got you there in the first place. Nagy's last two games called are carbon fucking copies of each other. Let's hope that shit is not a trend.

I think Trubs will be fine, but the coaches need to help him out a little.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A second year QB with 20 lifetime starts, was afraid of fucking up late in the 4th, in Lambeau, opening week, against an arch rival who has flat-fucking owned us for a decade, after building a 20-0 lead, and watching them eradicate said lead in a span of like 10 fucking minutes...color me shocked.

Again, I'm not saying you should be shocked. I am not saying it means he doesn't have what it takes. I am saying that it's evidence he's not good right now and that he has not shown many signs of improvement since entering the league. That's my only point.

Also, this whole "20 starts" thing? What is the proper amount of starts? When will it be enough where that runs out? Also, I think that was #26 including college now. That's hardly a microscopic number at this point. If there had been a clear sign of progression from start #1... sure... we could use this all as a measuring stick. However, seeing as he looked precisely the same to me that he did last year on MNF in his debut vs Minnesota. I can't really get behind it.

This starts at the top. Nagy was scared. Fangio was scared. Their playcalling said as much. Had they had a pair, Trubs would've never been in that situation to begin with

Eh... I think the blame is rather evenly shared. The staff deserves their share, but Trubs also failed to make a play when we needed it.

I don't buy this laundry list of excuses. It's time for Trubs to play this season. The free pass was last season. I'm willing to give him the full year, but this whole "everyone is putting Trubs in a position to fail" shtick is stale and has no place.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, I'm not saying you should be shocked. I am not saying it means he doesn't have what it takes. I am saying that it's evidence he's not good right now and that he has not shown many signs of improvement since entering the league. That's my only point.

Also, this whole "20 starts" thing? What is the proper amount of starts? When will it be enough where that runs out? Also, I think that was #26 including college now. That's hardly a microscopic number at this point. If there had been a clear sign of progression from start #1... sure... we could use this all as a measuring stick. However, seeing as he looked precisely the same to me that he did last year on MNF in his debut vs Minnesota. I can't really get behind it.

Eh... I think the blame is rather evenly shared. The staff deserves their share, but Trubs also failed to make a play when we needed it.

I don't buy this laundry list of excuses. It's time for Trubs to play this season. The free pass was last season. I'm willing to give him the full year, but this whole "everyone is putting Trubs in a position to fail" shtick is stale and has no place.

Cool. You go ahead on think whatever you want of Trubisky. I think it's premature still, but whatever.

FWIW, if my memory serves me, we almost won that game against Minnesota, due largely in part to Trubisky. Maybe my memory is fuzzy.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool. You go ahead on think whatever you want of Trubisky. I think it's premature still, but whatever.

FWIW, if my memory serves me, we almost won that game against Minnesota, due largely in part to Trubisky. Maybe my memory is fuzzy.

I mean, I don't have a thought on Trubisky as a whole. Right now, I couldn't tell you either way how I think his career will go. I just have some anxiety, but a bit of that will go away with a good performance Monday Night. It's like you keep trying to paint this like I am saying he's hopeless... and then I have to keep reiterating to you that I'm not.

I just don't think it's very debatable that he's been a subpar NFL QB to this point in his career and that he didn't play very well on Sunday after the first couple series. I think to act like Trubisky deserves to shoulder zero blame from the loss is really, really disingenuous.

Saying that Trubisky missed throws or fell short is not saying that no one else did the same. This isn't an all or nothing thing. It's not one guy. Trubs is just ONE OF those guys.

Per last year vs MIN...

Trubisky was 12 for 25 for 128 yards 1 TD and 1 INT... the game losing INT with two minutes remaining. 60 QB Rating.

We probably should have won the game if it wasn't for Trevathan's suspension (allowing them to run all over us in the 2nd half) and Howard's 40 yard TD run called back on a phantom hold.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching the 2nd half now. Just watched the FG that put us up 20-0. 3rd and 10, Mitch did a nice job of shedding a CB sack, and unfortunately made the right decision to throw it away, as there was absolutely no one open, or even really working that hard to get open, it seems? Maybe he should've taken off there and ran, but it didn't look like there was 10 yards worth of running room. Am interested to watch the rest....sober. lel

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first FG drive by GB...Kyle Fuller got fucking worked. It was immediately obvious to anyone and everyone(except the Bears, apparently) that they were intent on quick routes/quick release to counterpunch our pass rush, and keep Rodgers alive, and our DBs failed to get physical with them at the line even one time on that drive.

It was also blatantly obvious that Roquan Smith should have been on the goddamned field.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2nd drive in the 2nd half by the Bears. 3 and out. Shitty screen to Cohen, blown up, PA on 2nd that was blown up so bad, Trubs was forced to just throw it in the dirt. 3rd and 10, no one open, Mitch scrambles for 8. Punt. Collinsworth comments how impressed he is with Trubisky in that even in that play, he made the right decision to tuck it and run.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next drive by GB. First series, 3rd and fucking 14 from inside their own 15. Conversion to Geronimo Allison across the middle. Appears Kyle Fuller was in zone coverage as he "handed him off" to the middle of the field and maybe Callahan or the safety was caught out of position? Either way, that was a crushing first down. In 2 possessions now, the Defense has done exactly jack shit. Have not so much as even slowed em' down.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geronimo Allison made Kyle Fuller his bitch in the 3rd, and then obviously to start the 4th with the deep TD.

Dominated him.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron Rodgers is a baaaad man....

images

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next Bears possession: 5 yard gain on first by Howard. 4 yard gain on 2nd. 3rd and 1, PA pass to fucking Sims, who ran his route a yard fucking short of the sticks. 4th down.

At this fucking point, our playcalling and Defense ain't doing us any favors.

Shitty punt to the 25.

MikeMed

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,090.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Nagy did a great job of play calling.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The YACs by GB in the 2nd half are ridiculous. 51 yarder to Devontae Adams on like a 15 yd pass. Amukamara burnt like a college kid at a Dave Matthews concert.