• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Matt Canada Offense (IS FINALLY GONE!!!!)

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is where Ben is at his best. Honestly at this point Tomlin should just cut off Canada's mic and let Ben draw the plays in the sand. That is their only hope of making it to the playoffs this season.
I don't know why this team is so fearful of making changes at Coordinator during the season... Why keep forcing a glaring issue if its holding them back?

This offense moves better when Canada isn't involved. But we absolutely cannot trick ourselves into believing that we can survive with Ben calling all the shots. This is what got us into trouble the previous couple seasons.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why this team is so fearful of making changes at Coordinator during the season... Why keep forcing a glaring issue if its holding them back?

This offense moves better when Canada isn't involved. But we absolutely cannot trick ourselves into believing that we can survive with Ben calling all the shots. This is what got us into trouble the previous couple seasons.
Oh, totally agree. Should have added an asterix around my comment. They are one injury away from Mason playing again, good luck with him trying to improvise in the pocket.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, totally agree. Should have added an asterix around my comment. They are one injury away from Mason playing again, good luck with him trying to improvise in the pocket.
Yea I'd rather they play Haskins or that newly acquired PS dude. I get that their options were limited this past offseason, but extending Mason back in April was a bad gamble. They kept treating Mason as the 1st Rd talent that they thought he was even after he proved he wasn't even remotely on that level. His ceiling came crashing down and beat them over the head consistently in 2019... And they STILL thought he could be a competent backup. I don't get it. I was laughing at all the camp reports that said Haskins was clearly the better backup QB over Mason. But then they completely gave up on Haskins as soon as he had a bad preseason game.

Not sayin Haskins is the answer. But he showed a helluva lot more upside than Mason ever has. Which is really sayin somethin about Mason because Haskins is pretty terrible.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I'd rather they play Haskins or that newly acquired PS dude. I get that their options were limited this past offseason, but extending Mason back in April was a bad gamble. They kept treating Mason as the 1st Rd talent that they thought he was even after he proved he wasn't even remotely on that level. His ceiling came crashing down and beat them over the head consistently in 2019... And they STILL thought he could be a competent backup. I don't get it. I was laughing at all the camp reports that said Haskins was clearly the better backup QB over Mason. But then they completely gave up on Haskins as soon as he had a bad preseason game.

Not sayin Haskins is the answer. But he showed a helluva lot more upside than Mason ever has. Which is really sayin somethin about Mason because Haskins is pretty terrible.
Man i keep saying this about mason and their claim that he was a first round draft grade.

Lets say he was. Qbs are overvalued and he fell to round 3.

BUT BUT BUT. They went and took james washington at pick 60 before taking rudolph at 76.

So what they had a top 15-20 grade on Washington? Man I dunno if a round one qb you like is there at pick 60 you take him. But no we took a wr, a luxury pick at the time since we still had ab and juju. Obv they knew issues with AB and maybe were trying to prepare to move on.

But again a round 1 qb in your lap at 60, you pass, then take him at 76, and thump your chest that you had a round 1 grade on him. BS. Think they got destroyed for the pick and we know tomlin will hang on to that and try and justify it so the narrative remains. Just my opinion.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man i keep saying this about mason and their claim that he was a first round draft grade.

Lets say he was. Qbs are overvalued and he fell to round 3.

BUT BUT BUT. They went and took james washington at pick 60 before taking rudolph at 76.

So what they had a top 15-20 grade on Washington? Man I dunno if a round one qb you like is there at pick 60 you take him. But no we took a wr, a luxury pick at the time since we still had ab and juju. Obv they knew issues with AB and maybe were trying to prepare to move on.

But again a round 1 qb in your lap at 60, you pass, then take him at 76, and thump your chest that you had a round 1 grade on him. BS. Think they got destroyed for the pick and we know tomlin will hang on to that and try and justify it so the narrative remains. Just my opinion.
Agreed. It really never added up... But they say that sort of stuff a lot after the drafts. More recently they said the same in regards to Highsmith & even Okorafor IIRC, amongst others. They may not have outright called them day 1 picks, but they stated numerous times how they were near the top of their draft boards at their respective positions.

It did feel at the time they were trying to justify the Mason pick. Mainly because they came under fire after Ben made some comments questioning what Mason does to help the team win now.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. It really never added up... But they say that sort of stuff a lot after the drafts. More recently they said the same in regards to Highsmith & even Okorafor IIRC, amongst others. They may not have outright called them day 1 picks, but they stated numerous times how they were near the top of their draft boards at their respective positions.

It did feel at the time they were trying to justify the Mason pick. Mainly because they came under fire after Ben made some comments questioning what Mason does to help the team win now.
Yep totally agree. Just so odd they have held on to this one…i dunno. Whatever.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some Canada Recap:

• Took several weeks to attack the MOF.
  • Rarely utilizes FB in short yardage, if at any point at all.
  • WR routes are almost always 4-5yds short of the sticks on 3rd downs.
  • Prefers to throw 90% of the time in down & goal situations. Often times going 4-wide in those situations.
  • Stops calling plays to the hot receiver.
  • Mickey Mouse tight formation jet sweeps... just LOL
  • Airs it out against 2 of the worst rushing defenses in the NFL.
  • Rarely utilizes Muth between the 20s.
  • WRs are now X,Y,Z dependent. Meaning they do not rotate or mix it up, which allows D to key on players.
  • Doesn't use his fastest receiver on stretch routes.

I know the OL makes his job tougher than it needs to be, but holy hell does it seem like Canada is in over his head in the NFL.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can’t add much to the conversations they are spot on. :D

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1