• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Masterson for Fowler

4thefences

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So apparently during the off season the Rockies and the Indians were in intense talks involving a trade for these 2 players. Last year Masterson was 11-15 4.92. This season he looks like their ace 4-1 1.82. We know Dexter has matured into a big league player and is really displaying power. Wow just a year or 2 ago we thought he should quit swinging from the left side and now that's where all of his HR have come from. So knowing what we have seen this season would this have been a good trade? Of course it's in the past as they landed Bourn. Love Dexters game this season, but I'd trade him for a solid arm. Although 1 month into the season doesn't mean Masterson is going to be a 17-20 game winner.
PS. still trying to get used to this site.

67RedSox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does take some getting used to...not nearly as fluid as CBS but at least it does provide an avenue to keep in touch.
I like Masterson and think he's a better pitcher than most think...at least he's a workhorse. He hasn't played on great teams in Cleveland which hasn't helped him.
I felt that this would be a break out year for Fowler and therefore didn't want to see him traded and am glad he wasn't. It would have taken Masterson plus another piece for me to have signed off on the deal despite the Rockies need for pitching.

dgonaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't have done the deal. I am not sure Masterson would hold up in Coors and I am not sure he will keep up with looking like an ace for Cleveland. He is a good player but so were/are Jermey Guthrie, Mike Hampton, ect.