• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Marshawn Lynch: Remember him?

KwitYerWhinin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the same goes for the other side. With the suspensions at our corners/injuries at lber we've had other guys get significant playing time in big games and they've shown that they could start on just about any team in the league.

There's also more to stopping the running game than stopping Lynch. You also have to worry about contain on Wilson and Harvin's going to be playing as well. There's a reason that the Seahawks opened as favorites, and that's because they stack up very well against the Broncos. The one thing that the Broncos actually do better than the Seahawks plays right into the Seahawks biggest strength. Throwing the ball into a defense that lives off of turnovers is a very risky proposition.
Actually that has nothing what so ever to do with the opening lines at the sports books. By their own admission, they just throw out an arbitrary number to open and let the betting determine the line. The instant they favored the hawks on the open, the betters went with the Broncos. Betting determines their lines, not the strength of either team.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually that has nothing what so ever to do with the opening lines at the sports books. By their own admission, they just throw out an arbitrary number to open and let the betting determine the line. The instant they favored the hawks on the open, the betters went with the Broncos. Betting determines their lines, not the strength of either team.

This isn't your typical sporting event. It's the Super Bowl and a ton of people who don't bet are placing wagers based on little knowledge of the game.

KwitYerWhinin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't your typical sporting event. It's the Super Bowl and a ton of people who don't bet are placing wagers based on little knowledge of the game.
i'm a little confused as to how that supports your theory of------- the Seahawks were initially favored based on the fact that they match up well against the Bronco's.....I also reject your theory of - because its the Superbowl, people will toss away their hard earned dollars with no thought as to the rhyme or reason for their choice. The sports book I read about that I have referred to said that the first person to come in and place a bet after the line opened, did so with 25,000.00 dollars, thus changing the line instantly. That is NOT someone who places a bet because its the Superbowl, and they have NO knowledge of the game.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm a little confused as to how that supports your theory of------- the Seahawks were initially favored based on the fact that they match up well against the Bronco's.....I also reject your theory of - because its the Superbowl, people will toss away their hard earned dollars with no thought as to the rhyme or reason for their choice. The sports book I read about that I have referred to said that the first person to come in and place a bet after the line opened, did so with 25,000.00 dollars, thus changing the line instantly. That is NOT someone who places a bet because its the Superbowl, and they have NO knowledge of the game.

Ok. One 25k vote for the Broncos. Congrats.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How much do you know about sports betting?

KwitYerWhinin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok. One 25k vote for the Broncos. Congrats.
You seem to have a severe inability to understand. Perhaps that is why your posts generally consist of innuendo and conjecture as opposed to fact. It must be frustrating for you when you cant "win" just by merely being willing to argue a point until the other person drops dead. There is a reason I don't normally debate people like you, a closed mind is pretty difficult to reach.

KwitYerWhinin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much do you know about sports betting?
I lived in Vegas a few years, but I will tell you that you dont want my assistance if you are considering placing sports bets. lol or bets of any kind

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You seem to have a severe inability to understand. Perhaps that is why your posts generally consist of innuendo and conjecture as opposed to fact. It must be frustrating for you when you cant "win" just by merely being willing to argue a point until the other person drops dead. There is a reason I don't normally debate people like you, a closed mind is pretty difficult to reach.

I honestly don't give a crap about the betting line so let's not talk about it. I'm just getting sick of Denver Rent-A-Manning fans being so smug.

1. You haven't seen a defense like this all year
2. Marshawn Lynch is not the entire rushing attack. If the Broncos can't contain the edges then Wilson is more than capable of pulling it down
3. Our best offensive game of the preseason was against the Broncos
4. We're better at every facet of the game besides the passing game (which as I've stated is our strength on defense)
5. Harvin's going to be playing as well.

You ask me the game's a toss-up and I really like the Seahawks chances.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't give a crap about the betting line so let's not talk about it. I'm just getting sick of Denver Rent-A-Manning fans being so smug.

1. You haven't seen a defense like this all year
2. Marshawn Lynch is not the entire rushing attack. If the Broncos can't contain the edges then Wilson is more than capable of pulling it down
3. Our best offensive game of the preseason was against the Broncos
4. We're better at every facet of the game besides the passing game (which as I've stated is our strength on defense)
5. Harvin's going to be playing as well.

You ask me the game's a toss-up and I really like the Seahawks chances.

And you don't think Seattle fans have been the same way about this game? Both fan bases are confident in their team. Pretty sure I have seen many Seattle fans saying...

1. Marshawn Lynch will run for 150 yards book it
2. Manning hasn't played a defense like this ever
3. This Seattle team is the beginning of a dynasty
4. There hasn't been a team as dominant as Seattle in 25 years
5. Manning wouldn't survive 5 games in the great NFC West

Like I said both fan bases are confident in their team and why not they have been the two best teams all year and both have some major strengths that look good on paper. I agree this game is a toss-up. To me if they played each other on a neutral field 10 times both sides would win 5 of those games. So now for the Super Bowl to me it comes down to who just happens to have the better game. I don't think Seattle winning proves they are better than Denver and I don't think Denver winning proves they are better than Seattle. I think it proves they were better on that certain day.