• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Marshawn Lynch coming back part 2?

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marshawn Lynch says he has been in talks with Seahawks about playing again

Looks like they were in talks about him coming back or I'm sure talking about some kind of contingency plan at the running back position. Looks like Penny will start the season on the PUP list which I believe he will miss a minimum of 6 weeks entering the season? I hope Marshawn comes back I think he is one of the most loved seattle sports player in city history. Chris Carson and Marshawn getting the ball back to back is awesome. With Russ over 30 we need to stack the team as much as we can entering every season there is no point in holding back. What is everyones thoughts?

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the route I wanted them to take (a cheap vet FA) at the RB position instead of addressing it with yet another early draft pick. Lynch was largely ineffective in brief action last year, but I think he may be a bit more prepared if he knows/expects now to be playing games in 4 months.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No thanks... I don't want a 34 year old who has been in and out of football the past few seasons... He'll be almost 34 1/2 once the season starts...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what I feared. Carson recovery is a estimate and you need some insurance in case he's not ready game one or more. We saw how it went the last game in the playoffs. Could not run the ball with the RBs on hand. Lynch is done and Homer is more of a special team type. Same with Dallas. Couldn't think of a worse way to start the season then trotting out Lynch, Homer and maybe Dallas as the RB corp.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am caught off guard by some of the responses I would say a healthy ready to go lynch is on par with Adrian Peterson probably better than frank gore and definitely better than any running back we have on roster outside of chris carson. He scored 4 touchdowns in 3 games coming off the Oakland raiders parking lot drinking tequila shots. I think he is a good fill in behind Carson until Penny is fully healthy

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am caught off guard by some of the responses I would say a healthy ready to go lynch is on par with Adrian Peterson probably better than frank gore and definitely better than any running back we have on roster outside of chris carson. He scored 4 touchdowns in 3 games coming off the Oakland raiders parking lot drinking tequila shots. I think he is a good fill in behind Carson until Penny is fully healthy

Did I miss where people were pining over Adrian Peterson or Frank Gore?

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did I miss where people were pining over Adrian Peterson or Frank Gore?

The point being if those guys both still have jobs in the NFL then Lynch is more than deserving to be on a roster

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point being if those guys both still have jobs in the NFL then Lynch is more than deserving to be on a roster

Not necessarily. Personally, I wouldn't be thrilled if either of those 2 backs were on the Seahawks either. So, what Washington (horribly run organization) and the Jets (horribly run organization) have done with over the hill RBs has little bearing on what Seattle should do in their backfield. Either way, Lynch's performance to end the season didn't show that he's still a viable RB in the NFL - let alone "better than any running back we have on roster outside of chris carson". Anything outside a short yardage situational runner, and he's a waste of a roster spot.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lynch game logs last season:

upload_2020-5-6_14-49-16.png

Not good at all.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would take those two over Lynch right now...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lynch had no offseason training program he was eating hamburgers and fries, drinking shakes. Had all of a few weeks to even play let alone get ready for a game. I expected nothing from Lynch with no time at all to even remotely get into football shape lmao. That being said you could see he still has the fight in him, All though his YPC were down right trash his fight around the goal line was very much beast and to be honest he wasn't that beastly at the goal line before. How Many TD did he get again? lol. Anyway if Lynch goes through training camp or preseason i think he would be every bit as good as either Gore or Peterson, no doubts but he is not on a team to do that so ...

If they are going to do it and bring him back the sooner the better, Marshawn needs all the work he can get and we know he will do the work. To be honest i would rather them sign him to some bullshit job that pays good just to keep him around the players and field. Think about how this man has taken care of his life and still being the kid from Oakland. He made more money off the field than on it, he has his own business and continued being in one of the worst Citys in the US trying to make it better. Marshawn is the perfect role model .... all but the not talking to reporters but that made him more "real"

Having him talking to the young guys wouldn't bother me one bit. He has a lot he could teach these kids on AND OFF the field.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you guys are absolutely crazy Marshawn was literally coming off the streets with like 2 weeks to prepare and gets thrown in to play against 3 playoff teams one of which went all the way to the super bowl and held it against him that his YPC were down? I saw a seahawks team that looked liked they had no energy when chris carson went down against Arizona and literally watched that team roll them over. Nobody cared that Prosise and Travis Homer were in the game but the following week at home against the 49ers when Marshawn stepped on the field the whole team was hyped to play.

So Travis Homer would have been able to make this play against the Eagles?
Here is the thing you guys can knock lynch for his age and not having great YPC coming off the streets with no preparation but nobody on these boards can make a case that the other healthy backs on this team is a better option than him. Its impossible don't even try.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not caught up on Westworld season 3 yet. No spoilers.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the thing you guys can knock lynch for his age and not having great YPC.

Those go hand in hand at this stage of his career imo... You can't turn back time... If he came back, he would only have 3 games under his belt since Oct 2018... With that said, I don't want to take a chance on a 34 1/2 year old RB to be our starter if CC isn't able to go or gets hurt...

Last edited:

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 5 FA RBs out there

Devonta Freeman
Lamar Miller
Shady McCoy
Carlos Hyde
Theo Riddick

I think Lynch with a full offseason would be serviceable but if not him than I'd go Carlos Hyde.