• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Marshawn Ain't Coming

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, as a Seahawk fan, let me say this up front: this isn't a troll thread. I personally think it would be kinda cool if Lynch got to finish his career in a community that he obviously has strong ties with.

But, if Oakland wants Lynch to be in their backfield in 2017, they will have to pay Seattle $2.5 million up front before they even start negotiating a trade.

When Lynch signed a new contract extension in 2015, he got a $7.5 million signing bonus. Because he retired, $2.5 million of that money is supposed to be returned to the Seahawks. As long as he stayed retired, Paul Allen was not going to ask for the money back. But if he comes out of retirement to play for the Raiders, Allen will expect the $2.5 million to be returned to the Seahawk organization before trade talks commence.

Long story short - the Raiders aren't going to write that check just for the rights to negotiate a trade for a 31-year-old running back. No Marshawn Lynch comeback in Oakland. Let this 'non news' die right here.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, as a Seahawk fan, let me say this up front: this isn't a troll thread. I personally think it would be kinda cool if Lynch got to finish his career in a community that he obviously has strong ties with.

But, if Oakland wants Lynch to be in their backfield in 2017, they will have to pay Seattle $2.5 million up front before they even start negotiating a trade.

When Lynch signed a new contract extension in 2015, he got a $7.5 million signing bonus. Because he retired, $2.5 million of that money is supposed to be returned to the Seahawks. As long as he stayed retired, Paul Allen was not going to ask for the money back. But if he comes out of retirement to play for the Raiders, Allen will expect the $2.5 million to be returned to the Seahawk organization before trade talks commence.

Long story short - the Raiders aren't going to write that check just for the rights to negotiate a trade for a 31-year-old running back. No Marshawn Lynch comeback in Oakland. Let this 'non news' die right here.
Money won't be a problem dude.
New rumors swirling. If talks break down with the RAIDERS, Lynch has expressed interest in playing for the Pats!
Hmmmm, interesting development.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the rumors are starting to be a little more believable. My question to fellow Raiders is this. What is Lynch worth and do you think he can still be successful.

To the success part, I say yes. Oakland has a beast of an o line and a great passing attack. Teams loaded the box against him at Seatle, that will be a little more difficult against the Raiders.

To the worth part, well he is 31 years old and returning after time off. So what kind of shape is he in? He seems to want to play in Oakland so guess that means we'd get him for two seasons? I'll need more info before deciding on that one

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the rumors are starting to be a little more believable. My question to fellow Raiders is this. What is Lynch worth and do you think he can still be successful.

To the success part, I say yes. Oakland has a beast of an o line and a great passing attack. Teams loaded the box against him at Seatle, that will be a little more difficult against the Raiders.

To the worth part, well he is 31 years old and returning after time off. So what kind of shape is he in? He seems to want to play in Oakland so guess that means we'd get him for two seasons? I'll need more info before deciding on that one

Anybody hearing what the Seahawks are wanting in return? For a late round pick yeah a 31 year old RB like Lynch can be worth it but 4th round or higher I would be a hard pass on that kind of decision.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody hearing what the Seahawks are wanting in return? For a late round pick yeah a 31 year old RB like Lynch can be worth it but 4th round or higher I would be a hard pass on that kind of decision.

Not sure. I would be ok with a 3rd or 4th. I think Lynch could be the missing link in a possible deep playoff run. Rumors were going they were going to invest in a RB early so maybe they can focus on the defense now?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure. I would be ok with a 3rd or 4th. I think Lynch could be the missing link in a possible deep playoff run. Rumors were going they were going to invest in a RB early so maybe they can focus on the defense now?

Just so hard to know what he has left. That is why I wouldn't want to invest that much in him at least draft capital plus to me seems like the Raiders are bidding against themselves at this point.

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where is the new Las Vegas Raiders forum?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where is the new Las Vegas Raiders forum?

I would say probably good to wait considering they could play in 3 different cities over the next 3 years.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say probably good to wait considering they could play in 3 different cities over the next 3 years.

I think they would have to go with an incentive based trade to help protect themselves

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would give a late round pick for Lynch easy. Lynch is one of those rare RBs like AP, LT from the bolts and others that are good till they just stop playing.. He looks in shape and ready to rumble!!

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some rumors out there that the RAIDERS want to get both Lynch and Sherman? That would be crazy!!

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would give a late round pick for Lynch easy. Lynch is one of those rare RBs like AP, LT from the bolts and others that are good till they just stop playing.. He looks in shape and ready to rumble!!
The Raiders could sign Peterson. No trade necessary.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Raiders could sign Peterson. No trade necessary.
And i would be more then happy with getting AP. I tell ya what? AP is going to RIP sheet up for whatever team he plays for this coming season! Put money on that.

BeastMode Lynch in Oak is a different story man. The RAIDERS will try to make that trade, and i would welcome him..

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,871.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He and the Raiders have agreed to terms......