• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mark Barron

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking hypothetically here, but what if Mark Barron falls to where we pick in the draft. Would anyone be willing to take him at 30? He's arguably the best Safety to come out since Eric Berry and maybe even better. Teams don't seem to willing to take a Safety early in the draft and for good reason, so it's possible.

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we take the best available talent regardless of pos

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barron is not a cant miss prospect. I hear the FS class next year will be pretty good. Let's wait til then.

bigninerfan56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It all depends on who else is available, but all things being equal I would not hesitate to pick him up. He's a great football player.

longbeach 49er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Speaking hypothetically here, but what if Mark Barron falls to where we pick in the draft. Would anyone be willing to take him at 30? He's arguably the best Safety to come out since Eric Berry and maybe even better. Teams don't seem to willing to take a Safety early in the draft and for good reason, so it's possible.

Too high to take a run stopping SS with questionable cover skills. I like Barron a lot, just not anywhere in the 1st 2 rounds. I'd like to see us focus on OL, WR or CB in the 1st 2 rounds.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
However, we DO have to look at FS because a) Goldson was already franchised and hasn't yet signed anything long term and b) there is nobody on our roster that can play FS should Goldson walk at the end of the year.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FS shouldn't be an issue til next year when we have a strong FS class (allegedly) and whether or not Goldson has been signed on.

bigninerfan56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there a huge difference between SS and FS in our system? Barron is a playmaker and can take over when Goldson leaves next year.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too high to take a run stopping SS with questionable cover skills. I like Barron a lot, just not anywhere in the 1st 2 rounds. I'd like to see us focus on OL, WR or CB in the 1st 2 rounds.

I think you're under estimating his coverage skills. He made some amazing pass break ups and INT's.

I'm with you on upgrading other positions. Our WR's and CB's are a lot stronger than they were a couple of weeks ago. We don't have to draft either immediately IMO.

longbeach 49er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think you're under estimating his coverage skills. He made some amazing pass break ups and INT's.

I'm with you on upgrading other positions. Our WR's and CB's are a lot stronger than they were a couple of weeks ago. We don't have to draft either immediately IMO.

I wouldn't say I'm underestimating Barron. I like the guy a lot actually. I just see him being limited in coverage in the NFL. Yeah, he has a nose for the ball but he also plays stiff. I view him as an in the box 2 down SS. Think Michael Lewis with a little more range. Nothing wrong with that. I just choose not to spend 1st round picks on SS. And I'm still nervous about our WR's.