• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mariners draft 2019

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mariners get george kirby..im verry excited

Lose out on toglia..went to rockies

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am glad they went with pitching and someone out of college I am not the biggest fan of drafting these 18 year high school kids that need 5 years of development to finally make it to the league seems like forever before Julio Rodriguez and kelenic are ready to make it to the show

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With
Garcia ..ucla
And canterino
Off the board
Strumpf..ucla
Doxicus...texas a.m

Are still avalibile
Jones ss carolina

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like this pick
Williamson..lhp..tcu...if he can stay healthy

Nice mid rotation starter..or better.
.nice

Doxacus goes to tsmpa..nice place to go..lolol
Shrumpf..to Chicago cubs
Tyler baum ..north carolina..to..oakland.
Dont like that pick

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man oohh man they got Isaiah cambell arkansas in 3rd round...wwwhhoo hoo

Look at..em go.on the starting piching

Nice

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now prob they will start with some position guys...maybe..lolol..1b still a need
3b..ss
Depends on who ya like i guess

Of caorse im on the edge of my seat....about to fall over..
..lolololol0l

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am glad they went with pitching and someone out of college I am not the biggest fan of drafting these 18 year high school kids that need 5 years of development to finally make it to the league seems like forever before Julio Rodriguez and kelenic are ready to make it to the show

I like what we've done thus far, and if they plan on the 2021/2022 season as the big reveal of our next generation they needed to draft just as they did. You can't tell the fanbase that you're reimagining the team with a 2-3 year plan if you're going to draft kids in HS. So far so good and at the very least something to get excited for with this team who is in a historical downfall at the moment. Maybe next we will get the #1 pick, fingers crossed :hope:

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Not overly excited about the MLB draft in general.. so many rounds and so many picks with majority of these guys not making it to the majors. Unless once in a generation players like the Trout or the Harper.

2) This organization has proven over and over again that they can't develop players so whatever and as long as Dipoto remains GM some of these guys are gonna get traded away in 2-3 years for something stupid. Watch.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like what we've done thus far, and if they plan on the 2021/2022 season as the big reveal of our next generation they needed to draft just as they did. You can't tell the fanbase that you're reimagining the team with a 2-3 year plan if you're going to draft kids in HS. So far so good and at the very least something to get excited for with this team who is in a historical downfall at the moment. Maybe next we will get the #1 pick, fingers crossed :hope:

yeah if we are going to tank might as well tank hard and get a top pick I believe there are only like 3-4 teams ahead of us for the worst record. The Astros are loaded with prospects but people forget they were 50 win teams the first 3-4 years under their current GM.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Not overly excited about the MLB draft in general.. so many rounds and so many picks with majority of these guys not making it to the majors. Unless once in a generation players like the Trout or the Harper.

2) This organization has proven over and over again that they can't develop players so whatever and as long as Dipoto remains GM some of these guys are gonna get traded away in 2-3 years for something stupid. Watch.

Well as far as development I think its still a little early to tell, they haven't developed any all stars but Mitch Haniger and marco Gonzales were nobodies with their prior organizations and they are atleast starters now even with their down year. They are still developing Mallex Smith, JP Crawford, Long, Santana, Justus Sheffield for this season so I am following them.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well as far as development I think its still a little early to tell, they haven't developed any all stars but Mitch Haniger and marco Gonzales were nobodies with their prior organizations and they are atleast starters now even with their down year. They are still developing Mallex Smith, JP Crawford, Long, Santana, Justus Sheffield for this season so I am following them.

I hope these guys pan out but from the organizational perspective, I don't have a lot of faith. The last AS they developed was A-Rod, but he was a talent that did not required any development. Numerous GM's have gone through here and everyone of them failed to develop the farm.

Dipoto is in his 4th year and there's nothing to show for. If this is the year that he's finally going to rebuild and develop the young talents, then what the heck was has he been doing?

I will say though that the current state of the farm is much better than it has been but we'll have to see how some of these guys panned out. A lot of these guys were traded to the M's so many of them are not going to become like Jason Varitek or Jay Buhner in a "trade steal"

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From everything I've read it looks like the Mariners drafted a bunch of college pitchers who project as #3 types in a draft that is supposedly weak on pitching.

It improves organizational depth, but there really isn't all that much to be too excited about given the spot the Mariners were selecting at.

Hopefully the talent in 2020 will be strong because the Mariners will be competing for a top-5 pick.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope these guys pan out but from the organizational perspective, I don't have a lot of faith. The last AS they developed was A-Rod, but he was a talent that did not required any development. Numerous GM's have gone through here and everyone of them failed to develop the farm.

Dipoto is in his 4th year and there's nothing to show for. If this is the year that he's finally going to rebuild and develop the young talents, then what the heck was has he been doing?

I will say though that the current state of the farm is much better than it has been but we'll have to see how some of these guys panned out. A lot of these guys were traded to the M's so many of them are not going to become like Jason Varitek or Jay Buhner in a "trade steal"

Well they did develop Felix Hernandez and Edwin Diaz playing for an irrelevant franchise really effects your all star votes I wouldn't be surprised if Paxton made it this year as a Yankee

I do agree that this being his 4th year and there are no prospects in which he drafted from 2016 and 17 drafts that are looking to make their big league debut anytime soon. Kyle Lewis has been disappointing this season in AA and I am sure him blowing out his ACL is playing a major part in his potential. Evan White looks like he will be an avg 1st baseman and Sam Carlson is going through Tommy John recovery which is unlucky for us.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From everything I've read it looks like the Mariners drafted a bunch of college pitchers who project as #3 types in a draft that is supposedly weak on pitching.

It improves organizational depth, but there really isn't all that much to be too excited about given the spot the Mariners were selecting at.

Hopefully the talent in 2020 will be strong because the Mariners will be competing for a top-5 pick.

Man they were not playing around drafting all these pitchers

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like I will be seeing some pitching when I catch a few games in Everett this year.