• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mariners are out pricing people from coming to the games

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This article says it better than I can:

Let us come to the park, Mariners. Please don’t price us out any longer.

It's also worth noting that it's not only ticket prices.

You want a draft beer? $12.
You want a 16oz Coors Light? $8.
Uber from U-District to Safeco? Only $30-$40 around 5pm.
Garlic fries? Only $7.
Parking? $15 in the sodo district if you search around 5pm. Oh and you have to suffer through Seattle traffic to get there.
Public transportation: Who wants to deal with that?

There are obviously ways around all of this, but going to a game will cost you more than just the money you spend on the ticket. With the Mariners out of the playoff run; maybe they should lower ticket prices. They'd easily make up for it with the concession sales. Who the fuck could watch this team sober?

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprise Surprise- No activity or even a series thread. Season for the miserable mariners is pretty much history. Liked the article about ticket/games prices being out of reach for many and who the hell wants to pay good money to watch a shitty assed game being managed by a shitty assed skipper following the handful of "shit" that a shitty assed GM tries to cram down our throats and tells us how good a team we have. :loco2::puke::puke::puke::puke::sad2: :what: :boom: :wave:

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Despite their claims to the contrary the new ownership only cares about money. I wanted to believe them after Nintendo sold the team and they said they wanted to build a winner. But what do we see? A team with a very low baseball IQ. A manager in over his head with no passion and a brand new extension. A GM who claims how important it is to "control the zone" and then gets players that don't do that. It's no different that when Howie and Chuck ran things.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the one problem Seattle will have compared to any other team in sports, outside of the Blazers and the Green Bay Packers. With these 3 cities 99% of the fan base doesn't live in the city limits or in a 10 mile radius like almost every other franchise. Prices are high without question but so are most sporting events just with M's games it isn't feasible for the fan to be able to get to a game and drop all that money. Most franchises you can go to the game and not need to drop $200 plus dollars, because you can eat before or after the game, you can spend to go prefunk at the bars before etc and not worry about DUI's. Modern Seattle is set up for the Seahawks or Sounders. Not for the Mariners, the new NHL team or the NBA. Sucks for fans but the city and county share just as much blame for the cost of games that the Mariners do.

That is why I have zero sympathy for King County in paying their share towards the facility they own. It is not the Mariners fault the city and county are retarded and don't use the facility they own the way it should be used. Or the outrageous overhead they force upon the Mariners or any pro franchise or any other would be tenant who rents out the facility for concerts, graduations or any other smaller event. There is a reason the WIAA doesn't use the main city in the state anymore for any big events and they get a discount.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i have to agree.........and the first place to start is ...FIRE... every ..single... one..of the city and county cousel members

cuz if they cant fix the sports situation.....next instead of a list of thing they can do............they will be giving us a list of
they cant do...and we will still be asking ourselves why they .....get paid ....when they cant do ...anything

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This article says it better than I can:

Let us come to the park, Mariners. Please don’t price us out any longer.

It's also worth noting that it's not only ticket prices.

You want a draft beer? $12.
You want a 16oz Coors Light? $8.
Uber from U-District to Safeco? Only $30-$40 around 5pm.
Garlic fries? Only $7.
Parking? $15 in the sodo district if you search around 5pm. Oh and you have to suffer through Seattle traffic to get there.
Public transportation: Who wants to deal with that?

There are obviously ways around all of this, but going to a game will cost you more than just the money you spend on the ticket. With the Mariners out of the playoff run; maybe they should lower ticket prices. They'd easily make up for it with the concession sales. Who the fuck could watch this team sober?

I think the worst is that they hike up the prices for the specialty games. You want to know why when they play teams like the Red Sox, Yankees, Dodgers and Blue Jays that the Mariners are essentially the road team. Yes winning changes that but during a couple of those series they were still playing well.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprise Surprise- No activity or even a series thread. :loco2::puke::puke::puke::puke::sad2: :what: :boom: :wave:

Yes I've essentially checked out since early August. I'm used to it so whatever. Ill be back in the offseason when I will point out needs like starting pitching and they will overpay for a middle reliever that sucks

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some time ago, I brought up the old adage:

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

It apparently also applies to the front office...and they wouldn't have it any other way.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Train from U-District to Safeco at 5 pm? $3
Parking: $0
Beer: Too hard to smuggle, carry those small plastic liquor bottles instead.
Food: Put a sandwich in your pocket.

If a security guard catches you with plastic you'll spend the night in jail.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some time ago, I brought up the old adage:

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

It apparently also applies to the front office...and they wouldn't have it any other way.

Well things must have changed a lot because they have basically stayed the same for the last 17+ years for the M's. At this point in time the only pride Seattle can pat itself on the back for is the Seattle Storm and the Hawks a few years back until we blew it for a 2nd in a row SB. I still get fired up about the SB game that was thrown away. Hawk's O line is out to lunch and RW gets sacked way too much, but I digress...….the M's organization just doesn't know how or what to do to get to post season. Paul Allen would put the money where it counts and wouldn't put up with a GM like Dipoto and definitely wouldn't tolerate for one minute a Manager like Servais. It all adds up to a recipe for the same old shit....year in and year OUT. Ownership is spread out between the local investors, Nintendo, Root Sports plus who knows who else? They just can't get together on the same page. Seattle fans deserve so much more than they have gotten for so many years.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Train from U-District to Safeco at 5 pm? $3
Parking: $0
Beer: Too hard to smuggle, carry those small plastic liquor bottles instead.
Food: Put a sandwich in your pocket.

This is why I said "there are ways around all of this"

You and I are vastly different, but this is my perspective: Sure you can minimize certain financial costs, but that really is no fun. If you're going to the game, you don't want to have to deal with Seattle public transportation, especially if you live in the suburbs. You don't want to be that guy who smuggles booze in and when your friend says "Let's grab a beer" you pull out your plastic bag/flask filled with vodka.

You're paying for the experience of going to the ball game, grabbing a beer or two and maybe having some peanuts or garlic fries.

It's not just ticket prices that are stopping people from going to the game, it's that most people have this mentality that they want to grab a beer or two and some food. Should it really cost $10 for a beer? $7 for garlic fries? Fucking garlic fries?

The fact that someone would have to go through such measures not to spend any substantial amount of money on attending a Mariners games speaks volumes about how much the Mariners are charging too much.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why I said "there are ways around all of this"

You and I are vastly different, but this is my perspective: Sure you can minimize certain financial costs, but that really is no fun. If you're going to the game, you don't want to have to deal with Seattle public transportation, especially if you live in the suburbs. You don't want to be that guy who smuggles booze in and when your friend says "Let's grab a beer" you pull out your plastic bag/flask filled with vodka.

You're paying for the experience of going to the ball game, grabbing a beer or two and maybe having some peanuts or garlic fries.

It's not just ticket prices that are stopping people from going to the game, it's that most people have this mentality that they want to grab a beer or two and some food. Should it really cost $10 for a beer? $7 for garlic fries? Fucking garlic fries?

The fact that someone would have to go through such measures not to spend any substantial amount of money on attending a Mariners games speaks volumes about how much the Mariners are charging too much.

Or the fact that long ago when the stadium opened you could by a "cheap seat" ticket then move down to the lower bowl and nobody would harass you, but now??? Oh no those old farts that guard the aisles will call security on your ass....

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or the fact that long ago when the stadium opened you could by a "cheap seat" ticket then move down to the lower bowl and nobody would harass you, but now??? Oh no those old farts that guard the aisles will call security on your ass....

So true!

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why wouldn’t you just watch the Rainers for a quarter of the price?

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep family of four is quarter of the price....
we did about 10 games this year in T town and loved it....
One of the greatest baseball games I ever watched was a Rainiers game in 2004. I saw AJ Zapp come up in the bottom of the 9th and hit a walk off grand slam. He went 5-5 with 2 homers and 9 RBI's that day, pretty amazing.

@wazzu31

Last edited: