• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ManningVsLuck

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really feel like I earned that cookie!

800px-Choco_chip_cookie_half.png

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it Ken Stabler? Didn't he play for the Oilers after the Raiders?

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manning can still have a bad day and the Broncos win this game.

Manning can have an average game for a QB and they can win. If he has a bad day, the Broncos will lose.

The Colt's need Luck to have a good day.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manning can have an average game for a QB and they can win. If he has a bad day, the Broncos will lose.

The Colt's need Luck to have a good day.

I guess it depends on your definition of a bad day and honestly Luck to me just has to play outstanding for them to stand a chance. Which he is very much capable of but he just doesn't have the talent around him to even have an average day and have the team win unless there are some very timely turnovers or special teams just goes out and dominates.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me it is not so much about Manning anymore in Denver. They have worked hard to establish a run game over the final 5-6 weeks of the season and they definitely accomplished that goal. To me Manning in this one will be more the game manager than need to be the all-star he has been in the past. Before this season Manning had not won a game with the Broncos where he had a quarterback rating under 90. Now he has done it something like 3 times over the last month of the season. Luck on the other hand is everything to that offense. They have very little for a run game so if Luck has a bad day they are finished. Manning can still have a bad day and the Broncos win this game.

This is true the Broncos are working very hard on the running game. But Manning still needs to be himself in order to get things done, just like Brady. You are correct though, the Colts need more work than the Broncos true and it is more on Luck's shoulders than Mannings but still.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver has by far the better team but Manning is at the very end of his career. He has no arm strength and no mobility. He's a shell of his former self. He's still a heady competitor but physically he's a wreck.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver has by far the better team but Manning is at the very end of his career. He has no arm strength and no mobility. He's a shell of his former self. He's still a heady competitor but physically he's a wreck.

4500 yards and 39 tds begs to differ with you

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is true the Broncos are working very hard on the running game. But Manning still needs to be himself in order to get things done, just like Brady. You are correct though, the Colts need more work than the Broncos true and it is more on Luck's shoulders than Mannings but still.

I'm not saying Manning can go out and throw 4 picks and for us to expect the Broncos to win. I'm saying we don't need Manning to just go put up star wars numbers just to squeak out a win like we did last year. No more does the team have to put up 51 points with Manning throwing 5 touchdowns to then still only win by 3 points. Heck this last game of the season the team put up 47 points and Manning didn't throw a single touchdown. Heck he had an 80 quarterback rating for the game and the team still put up that many points. Now given this was against the Raiders but they actually were one of the hotter teams coming down the stretch winning 3 of the final 5 games against 3 pretty decent teams. So again the Broncos have worked hard to make sure that Manning doesn't have to be perfect for the team to win. On the other side of that the Colts have done just that of really putting most everything in Luck's hands. They have very little run game, terrible OL, and an average defense.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It kind of surprises me how little this game is being talked about. I mean you have Manning's old team with the "new Manning" coming to Mile High. I know the Broncos are favored for this one but just seems this one is getting talked about the least. Heck was watching NFL Network earlier and they asked the question "Do you think any of the home teams lose?" All of them said no to the question but then went on to talk about all the games except Broncos/Colts. Honestly that makes me just a bit more nervous if people are already just thinking Broncos handle this one so easily that it doesn't even need talked about.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It kind of surprises me how little this game is being talked about. I mean you have Manning's old team with the "new Manning" coming to Mile High. I know the Broncos are favored for this one but just seems this one is getting talked about the least. Heck was watching NFL Network earlier and they asked the question "Do you think any of the home teams lose?" All of them said no to the question but then went on to talk about all the games except Broncos/Colts. Honestly that makes me just a bit more nervous if people are already just thinking Broncos handle this one so easily that it doesn't even need talked about.

They already beat them by 7 at Indy. Luck is young and with little running game and Harris, Ward and Talib covering Hilton , Wayne and that Fleener, where is he going? Who is gonna cover the 2 Thomas's,Sanders and Welker? Denver in a easy win. I even put an AV bet giving 8 on your team

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They already beat them by 7 at Indy. Luck is young and with little running game and Harris, Ward and Talib covering Hilton , Wayne and that Fleener, where is he going? Who is gonna cover the 2 Thomas's,Sanders and Welker? Denver in a easy win. I even put an AV bet giving 8 on your team

I'm glad you are confident. The game was actually in Denver in week 1 of this year. The Broncos last season lost in Indy. I agree the Broncos should have the advantage but if the playoffs have taught us anything it is not to take any team for granted. The Broncos in 2012 had beat the Ravens by a large margin on the road just a few weeks before the playoffs started. No one in Denver even gave them a chance until well we all know what happened.

yungjme

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but never had a losing season or threw more picks than tds. and only 2 10-6 seasons. also give him two hof defensive players on his team for 6 years in reed and r.lewis and he could possibly have even more rings. also a 84.8 qbr is not as good as the 96.0 brady holds. add in most reg season wins playoff wins and tied for most sb appearances with 3 rings and it really doesn't matter. there is literally no comparison. if you really think that flacco will end up being considered a top 10 and easy to argue a top 5 or even 3 qb of all time then you're out of your mind. also a first ballot hof. then you're absolutely insane.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad you are confident. The game was actually in Denver in week 1 of this year. The Broncos last season lost in Indy. I agree the Broncos should have the advantage but if the playoffs have taught us anything it is not to take any team for granted. The Broncos in 2012 had beat the Ravens by a large margin on the road just a few weeks before the playoffs started. No one in Denver even gave them a chance until well we all know what happened.

My bad thought it was in Indy, but regardless, Denver was up 24-7 at half and took the foot off the gas. You didnt have that secondary a few years back and adding Ware and others is huge. Plus Sanders is a nice addition, and Anderson seems to be running ball nicely. Your O line is great and will give Peyton all the time he needs 35-14

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but never had a losing season or threw more picks than tds. and only 2 10-6 seasons. also give him two hof defensive players on his team for 6 years in reed and r.lewis and he could possibly have even more rings. also a 84.8 qbr is not as good as the 96.0 brady holds. add in most reg season wins playoff wins and tied for most sb appearances with 3 rings and it really doesn't matter. there is literally no comparison. if you really think that flacco will end up being considered a top 10 and easy to argue a top 5 or even 3 qb of all time then you're out of your mind. also a first ballot hof. then you're absolutely insane.

Wow and I though my English was bad. Thanks man ,you make me feel literate

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling that streak is coming to an end on Sunday.

He might have 300+ yards but after 3 int a fumble and being down 20+ he will have no choice but keep chucking the rock