• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Manning done?

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Manning should retire. Sad he could not win one more with Denver when he clearly had a window, but that window is closing.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hi-res-ff4f095d6ca34a7a7976da9e2b619316_crop_exact.jpg

Stolen from here..

Mike Tanier's Monday Morning Hangover: Weekend of Upsets and Classics | Bleacher Report

Nothing quite so iconic for Peyton but...

capture_20150111_184022.jpg

Classy guy. I would have like to have seen him get one more.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peyton's got a 100-million rea$ons to walk-away........and a life supply of Papa-John's,.......nuff 'said..!

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last night he couldn't connect with any of his receivers when they were open. Saunders was open about 4 times and he was completely missed by Manning.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he retires or stays any year to break rest of Favres records, he is a first round HOFEr top 5 QB and fun to watch.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was something physically wrong with Manning the last month of the season. Sunday's game wasn't an aberration....it was the continuation of a recent trend.

If Manning can get healthy and stay healthy next year, hell yes he can come back. If he can't then he should call it a career.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The issue of breaking records is interesting. He could stay one more year, make the playoffs again, and probably break a lot of records and get fellated by the media for months, so he may choose to do that. But it seems unlikely to me that he can win anymore, and he may realize that.

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schefty is reporting he played the last month or so of the reg. season with a torn quad.

that might explain some things

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When were his receivers "wide open'?
They were NEVER open. The defenders lined up as close as possible.
I think they watched how a veteran QB can carve up a defense with short passes in the Balt/NE game.

Baltimore covered the DEEP ROUTES.
Baltimore left all the short routes wide open which was exploited by a vet QB.

Indy saw that game and wisely did the exact opposite. It was smart.
They gambled that the pass rush would get there before the DEEP routes got open.
It worked flawlessly.

Peyton is guilty of being a stubborn ass and still trying to throw it deep.
He should have ran the ball instead to call off the pass rush a little bit.

Peyton's (or Coach Fox) playcalling made it easy for the Colts. No adjustments were made ever.
And that is why he deserves criticism.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: Peyton Manning played with torn quad down the stretch : Fantasy News

Basically what every Broncos fan knew that manning just wasn't right towards the end of the year. No excuse though the Colts were the better team.

idk if roster wise the Colts were the better team, but they certainly schemed better (bump-n-run WR coverage and supported it with the blitz) and executed better and that's all that matters really.

DEN rushing 4 with very occasional blitzes did not work vs an athletic QB. Luck was able to buy time and complete deep passes when IND needed it...Clearly the bigger, more physical Talib couldn't cover the speedy Hilton, yet they stuck with that matchup.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peyton was in fact injured the last month.
I am not sure how I feel about it.
It looks like Peyton and the Doctors purposely kept it quiet and suppressed the injury knowledge.

The is the inspiring narrative of the injured players dealing with Pain to help his team.

Then there is the narrative of the selfish player purposely concealing an injury that did affect his play to a degree, and hurt the team.

Both are interesting angles now.

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like Peyton and the Doctors purposely kept it quiet and suppressed the injury knowledge.

The is the inspiring narrative of the injured players dealing with Pain to help his team.

Then there is the narrative of the selfish player purposely concealing an injury that did affect his play to a degree, and hurt the team.

Don't really think the broncos had a better option, so yea he hurt the team by being hurt. but Brock probably would've been worse

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They are,however to still play and try and get his team to the SB is pretty committed imo,a torn quad is no joke and very much so being a QB in the NFL.

Those Bronco fans should feel ashamed booing him.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
idk if roster wise the Colts were the better team, but they certainly schemed better (bump-n-run WR coverage and supported it with the blitz) and executed better and that's all that matters really.

DEN rushing 4 with very occasional blitzes did not work vs an athletic QB. Luck was able to buy time and complete deep passes when IND needed it...Clearly the bigger, more physical Talib couldn't cover the speedy Hilton, yet they stuck with that matchup.

The Colts won the game and nothing should be taken away for that but yes Talib on Hilton was a huge mistake. J.D.R. is hopefully out the door.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are,however to still play and try and get his team to the SB is pretty committed imo,a torn quad is no joke and very much so being a QB in the NFL.

Those Bronco fans should feel ashamed booing him.

No but we are ashamed on how the team played as a whole. I'm sure Seahawks fans weren't ashamed by the Seahawks beating the Packers on the Fail Mary pass.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No but we are ashamed on how the team played as a whole. I'm sure Seahawks fans weren't ashamed by the Seahawks beating the Packers on the Fail Mary pass.

Many sites have done that over and over and ruled it was the right call,i know you do not like hearing that and Packer fans but it was.