• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Manifest

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am. I think it's the best broadcast network debut this past fall. :)

Yes it’s about the only new thing I’m watching. My friend said something about it a few weeks ago. I found the episodes on Demand and watched them. It’s out there a bit.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s ok.

Idk how long I’ll hang on. It’s gotta start moving.

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some thoughts on that last ep before winter break:

- Fiona is suspicious: in the boiler room, if you watch carefully, when all the other passengers are reeling in pain from their psychic connection to the electroshock experiments, she is the only passenger not affected, and when they were raiding the lab, she snatched up some papers

- no onscreen death means Vance is still alive

- ha ha NBC putting that peacock in

- though I get where she's coming from cuz she doesn't understand what's going on, Grace kicking Ben out makes her unlikeable

- the "telling people about the Calling will kill them" idea that Michaela has is annoying and stupid

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

- Fiona is suspicious: in the boiler room, if you watch carefully, when all the other passengers are reeling in pain from their psychic connection to the electroshock experiments, she is the only passenger not affected, and when they were raiding the lab, she snatched up some papers

- though I get where she's coming from cuz she doesn't understand what's going on, Grace kicking Ben out makes her unlikeable

- the "telling people about the Calling will kill them" idea that Michaela has is annoying and stupid

Agree. I was pretty pissed at the wife.

python3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't believe Fiona was a passenger. That's why she was unaffected.

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't believe Fiona was a passenger. That's why she was unaffected.

Fiona was 100% a passenger on the plane. I just skimmed episode 7 again to confirm.

The episode starts out with a flashback to Fiona boarding the plane at the beginning of the flight and having a conversation with Kelly.

Ben and Saanvi then talk about how Fiona is the passenger who is garnering the most publicity. Here are some lines from the episode:

Ben: "You've been hearing about Fiona Clarke, right?"
Saanvi: "The big-shot professor from the plane, yeah, her face shows up in half the 828 news coverage."

Then, a news website headline and article appears onscreen that reads:

Headline said:
Fiona Clarke, Controversial Professor, Returns In The 828 Event

Article said:
As the stories of each of the 191 passengers continues to unfold each day since the plane's mysterious return, few passengers have received more focus than Professor Fiona Clarke.

Last edited:

python3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fiona was 100% a passenger on the plane. I just skimmed episode 7 again to confirm.

The episode starts out with a flashback to Fiona boarding the plane at the beginning of the flight and having a conversation with Kelly.

Ben and Saanvi then talk about how Fiona is the passenger who is garnering the most publicity. Here are some lines from the episode:

Ben: "You've been hearing about Fiona Clarke, right?"
Saanvi: "The big-shot professor from the plane, yeah, her face shows up in half the 828 news coverage."

Then, a news website headline and article appears onscreen that reads:
Thanks. I stand corrected.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

the last one was the belief of the guy who killed himself.

This whole thing is a mess.

This twist beyond the guy on GDX who just died in the explosion better be a good one.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the last one was the belief of the guy who killed himself.

This whole thing is a mess.

This twist beyond the guy on GDX who just died in the explosion better be a good one.

How about a soap opera twist... That the boyfriend gets a amnesia, and can only remember things before he got married to the best friend...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last ep (or a few back??) she got all pissed at him for not being there for her when she needed him. Now in this episode, she kicks him out of the house when he is obviously dealing with a lot of shit (his son getting hurt, for one). Entitled, hypocritical bitch. And why does she get all the rights to kids? He CLEARLY has more in common with the boy right now. She hasn’t seen him in 5 years.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last ep (or a few back??) she got all pissed at him for not being there for her when she needed him. Now in this episode, she kicks him out of the house when he is obviously dealing with a lot of shit (his son getting hurt, for one). Entitled, hypocritical bitch. And why does she get all the rights to kids? He CLEARLY has more in common with the boy right now. She hasn’t seen him in 5 years.

Why?

Accurate portrayal of society for starters..

and your last sentence is also why she wants to keep the boy.

But she has no idea why all this is going on. She's also really pissed that it was outed that he was fired in front of all their friends at the bbq. But a clear overreaction.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I started hating the wife a few episodes ago. She's not a very likable character in my opinion.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I also think Vance is alive. In fact he got taken by the government that took the other passengers.
Havent liked the wife anyways. All she has done is be selfish & act the victim.
As far as the calling & death. I dont think it is from supernatural. Think those that died were killed by the government trying to keep it all a secret.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some thoughts so far after watching episode 9:

I don't quite trust that doctor lady fully yet. I know she was on the plane, but it was her research that is being used to conduct these experiments and last we saw, she was taking the passengers somewhere. Maybe the whole point of her placing the bug to help Ben and Mick and Vance was to give her the passengers so she can continue her research.

The wife needs to cut her fucking shit. I'm so sick and tired of her character. The perfect word to describe her right now is irritating. Everything from her face to her actions, it's just irritating.

Looking at the viewership ratings, the audience is half of what it was at the pilot episode, but it's still higher than a show that I like to compare NBC shows to, Timeless, which has been cancelled twice, yet brought back to life to complete the story. Timeless started at 8 mill at the pilot, then ended at around 3 mill for the season 1 finale. Manifest started at almost 11 mill and is now close to 6 mill, so this could bode well for a 2nd season, depending on how they decide to end the season.

I don't think Vance is dead, I think they want the bad guys to believe that so the higher up bad guys think noone is on their tail anymore.

I fear this is one of those shows where we don't get full answers. The way they are having Mick's character treat the callings, as if they are a higher being or something that can kill/bring people back to life is a confusing way to go, I believe. "He told so and so about the callings and now they are dead" conversation doesn't really work because the only people that died were the people connected to 1 passenger.

I like the show, better than most on TV right now, but I'm a little skeptical of how they are going to end the season. I wouldn't be surprised if they cancel this after 1 season just because of all of the twists and turns and questions that will inevitably go unanswered. I mean, just off the top of my head, look at shows like Persons Unknown and The Event. Two other NBC shows that had the same type of mystery, same type of questions and weren't completed given the chance to answer those questions. I fear this will just be added to the pile of shows with great concepts but bad executions.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't quite trust that doctor lady fully yet. I know she was on the plane, but it was her research that is being used to conduct these experiments and last we saw, she was taking the passengers somewhere. Maybe the whole point of her placing the bug to help Ben and Mick and Vance was to give her the passengers so she can continue her research.

The wife needs to cut her fucking shit. I'm so sick and tired of her character. The perfect word to describe her right now is irritating. Everything from her face to her actions, it's just irritating.

Looking at the viewership ratings, the audience is half of what it was at the pilot episode, but it's still higher than a show that I like to compare NBC shows to, Timeless, which has been cancelled twice, yet brought back to life to complete the story. Timeless started at 8 mill at the pilot, then ended at around 3 mill for the season 1 finale. Manifest started at almost 11 mill and is now close to 6 mill, so this could bode well for a 2nd season, depending on how they decide to end the season.

I don't think Vance is dead, I think they want the bad guys to believe that so the higher up bad guys think noone is on their tail anymore.

I fear this is one of those shows where we don't get full answers. The way they are having Mick's character treat the callings, as if they are a higher being or something that can kill/bring people back to life is a confusing way to go, I believe. "He told so and so about the callings and now they are dead" conversation doesn't really work because the only people that died were the people connected to 1 passenger.

I like the show, better than most on TV right now, but I'm a little skeptical of how they are going to end the season. I wouldn't be surprised if they cancel this after 1 season just because of all of the twists and turns and questions that will inevitably go unanswered. I mean, just off the top of my head, look at shows like Persons Unknown and The Event. Two other NBC shows that had the same type of mystery, same type of questions and weren't completed given the chance to answer those questions. I fear this will just be added to the pile of shows with great concepts but bad executions.

This is just like the Event.

And when the event wasn't the invasion it made you wonder WTF was going on....and then it died.

To be fair now that they THINK Vance is dead, it's not 2 people telling people what happened and them dying (Ben and the crazy suicidal guy).

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I still think, 9 episodes in, this would've been better off made as a movie. I'm not sure where you go for a S2 without a complete unsatisfying season finale consider the questions that you've already opened up.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think, 9 episodes in, this would've been better off made as a movie. I'm not sure where you go for a S2 without a complete unsatisfying season finale consider the questions that you've already opened up.

Unless, which could be possible, it was designed to be a 1-off kind of show. 1 season, gets everything out there and that's it. No cliffhanger, no unanswered questions, no season 2 required.

But I do agree with you, either a movie or like a x-number part "event" or whatever they call it. 4 part series event or whatever.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless, which could be possible, it was designed to be a 1-off kind of show. 1 season, gets everything out there and that's it. No cliffhanger, no unanswered questions, no season 2 required.

But I do agree with you, either a movie or like a x-number part "event" or whatever they call it. 4 part series event or whatever.

Yeah, this seemed like the perfect summer filler show. Or just crank out like 12 straight episodes to get through to the new year and a show that starts in January takes its place.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed because once you make it a govt conspiracy there's only so much you can do.

Even Burn Notice, one my absolute favorites, lasted a bit too long. I'm amazed how well they got through 4 seasons with the main story chugging along that whole time.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well a new episode was shown. Don’t want to mention anything yet in case some haven’t watched