• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Man I hope Okung is ok

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The hope is that its a partial tear of the ligament and not a complete tear. Partial tear would mean he likely misses 2-3 weeks, complete tear would obviously require surgery and end his season. Similar to what happened to Unger a couple of years ago.
From the hearsay it doesnt sound like surgery will be required but doesnt sound like anything is confirmed yet.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The hope is that its a partial tear of the ligament and not a complete tear. Partial tear would mean he likely misses 2-3 weeks, complete tear would obviously require surgery and end his season. Similar to what happened to Unger a couple of years ago.
From the hearsay it doesnt sound like surgery will be required but doesnt sound like anything is confirmed yet.

Hopefully with the knowledge that he'll be out at least a little while, McQuistan or whomever they put in there to take over will gain some chemistry with the rest of the line and we won't have to relive the immediate aftermath of losing Okung when we play Houston in two weeks.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully this upcoming "bye" week does him a lot of good.

Bowie looked pretty good at times this preseason so hopefully he's ready to step in for a couple weeks

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think Bailey would provide good stability there and they really seemed to like him in the preseason. Its unfortunate timing that they got rid of Person last week, but I think he was the last OL behind Bailey and Bowie.
Just keep in mind whoever is at LT they likely wont be facing someone as dynamic is Aldon Smith, so Im not freaking out, I think we will be fine.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think Bailey would provide good stability there and they really seemed to like him in the preseason. Its unfortunate timing that they got rid of Person last week, but I think he was the last OL behind Bailey and Bowie.
Just keep in mind whoever is at LT they likely wont be facing someone as dynamic is Aldon Smith, so Im not freaking out, I think we will be fine.
Exactly. The guy at the game behind me kept yelling when Aldon would get through easily after Okung left. I had to tell him to relax because it's not easy for a LG playing LT to stop probably a top 3 Pass rusher in the league. I think we did a pretty good job after half time though.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. The guy at the game behind me kept yelling when Aldon would get through easily after Okung left. I had to tell him to relax because it's not easy for a LG playing LT to stop probably a top 3 Pass rusher in the league. I think we did a pretty good job after half time though.

Just wondering, were you on the visiting side of the field?

TheDman875

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Big Walt has a few games left in the tank?

J/k of course, but damn this sucks.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any new update on Okung today?

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any new update on Okung today?

No Tuesdays are off days. I think Carroll addresses the media again tomorrow if Im not mistaken as its the weeks first practice day. Should know more then. I've heard a few people compare to Pierre Garcon's injury last year which caused him to miss 6 weeks after initially playing on it for two weeks after the injury.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Tuesdays are off days. I think Carroll addresses the media again tomorrow if Im not mistaken as its the weeks first practice day. Should know more then. I've heard a few people compare to Pierre Garcon's injury last year which caused him to miss 6 weeks after initially playing on it for two weeks after the injury.

Thanks for the update! Lets hope that's not the case and Okung is only out for a couple of weeks. I feel bad for the guy because he just can't catch a break from the injury bug.