• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

mallet may be traded before the draft

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their third? Fuck that shit. Their two isn't worth giving him up for.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their third? Fuck that shit. Their two isn't worth giving him up for.

Their two certainly is. We are not keeping Mallet. He's a FA next season. Get over it. Take something over nothing is smart.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not nothing. It's another year of security at the QB position and likely bare minimum a fourth round compensatory pick, plus a non-zero chance of extending him still.

That's worth much more than a second round pick to this team.

melmaan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this deal has been done for weeks now. 10+/- visits with QB'S has been no smoke screen

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it is a third.....it's pick 65. Top of the 3rd.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not even in the ballpark of his value to this franchise.

patsfan187

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
prefer top of the 2nd to snag a qb of the future

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is going to make a draft thread? Or is this it?

melmaan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
prefer top of the 2nd to snag a qb of the future

i'd like a shot at 2 out Shazier - Cooks - Su'aFilo - Bill's preferred TE and or a highly rated "Slider"
2 out of using #29 and Mallett

a Mallett trade would likely involve juggling other picks also

Then find a spot to draft McCarron or Savage

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get the Mallett worship JDM. Sure, if you're going to put someone in a game played tomorrow to replace an injured Brady, Mallett's the man. As well, your point of another year of security is spot on. Post Brady's retirement however, do you think he's the long term man? I've just never been wowed by the guy.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know that, but I'll take my chances with him over any QB in this draft.

Regardless of that, the security he provides this year adds more to this team than 33 does.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know that, but I'll take my chances with him over any QB in this draft.

Regardless of that, the security he provides this year adds more to this team than 33 does.

Do you really believe that if Brady went down...Mallet is going to take this team to the playoffs/superbowl? This isn't 2008. This offense is young. 3 second year WR's.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mallet has never played a down with the first team offense. That for a QB in his fourth year with a team speaks volumes about where he really stands with the head coach. A trade to Houston for their 3rd round and possible a 5th or 6th is certainly worth the move. The Patriots have their sights set on a quarterback they want to start grooming to take over for Brady in three years and if necessary have ready to move in immediately if circumstances dictate.
If the trade is made, I expect that Belichick will trade out of the first round with the Raiders or Falcons or Buccaneers and move down 5,6, or 7 positions and get and extra 4th or 5th round pick.
This deal will be announced when the Texans are on the clock for the pick they're trading.

If Belichick trades out the first round pick, then Mallett is going to Houston.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you really believe that if Brady went down...Mallet is going to take this team to the playoffs/superbowl? This isn't 2008. This offense is young. 3 second year WR's.

He doesn't need to be able to be to be worth keeping. He just needs to be able to keep us in the hunt for a short term Brady injury.

Mallet has never played a down with the first team offense. That for a QB in his fourth year with a team speaks volumes about where he really stands with the head coach. A trade to Houston for their 3rd round and possible a 5th or 6th is certainly worth the move. The Patriots have their sights set on a quarterback they want to start grooming to take over for Brady in three years and if necessary have ready to move in immediately if circumstances dictate.
If the trade is made, I expect that Belichick will trade out of the first round with the Raiders or Falcons or Buccaneers and move down 5,6, or 7 positions and get and extra 4th or 5th round pick.
This deal will be announced when the Texans are on the clock for the pick they're trading.

If Belichick trades out the first round pick, then Mallett is going to Houston.

It speaks to Brady being Brady and wanting every snap. We have turned down a second in the past and should do it again.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't need to be able to be to be worth keeping. He just needs to be able to keep us in the hunt for a short term Brady injury.

It speaks to Brady being Brady and wanting every snap. We have turned down a second in the past and should do it again.

No one offered us a 2nd before. The Browns who were interested in trading for Mallet last year did Not have a 2nd round pick.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one offered us a 2nd before. The Browns who were interested in trading for Mallet last year did Not have a 2nd round pick.

That's funny. I read that last year a couple of teams offered a 2nd for Mallet and were turned down.
And the story was reconfirmed again this off season.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill O'Brien used to be the Patriots Offensive Coordinator. He knows Mallett and worked with him when he was rookie QB. I go to the Pats training camp several times every year and Mallett has a cannon for a right arm. I watched him set up in the end zone and launch several 65 yard throws with almost no effort. He was throwing at a yellow blanket on the other side of the 50 and never hit it. That's been his problem......inaccurate......O'Brien may have something in mind. One thing for sure, the Texans do not have a QB and they sent Shaub to Oakland.

Does O'Brien get Mallett or does he go searching the NFL for a has been or scrap heap QB and try to have that guy break in a rookie??

patspa

PATS SEEKING SEVEN
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill O'Brien used to be the Patriots Offensive Coordinator. He knows Mallett and worked with him when he was rookie QB. I go to the Pats training camp several times every year and Mallett has a cannon for a right arm. I watched him set up in the end zone and launch several 65 yard throws with almost no effort. He was throwing at a yellow blanket on the other side of the 50 and never hit it. That's been his problem......inaccurate......O'Brien may have something in mind. One thing for sure, the Texans do not have a QB and they sent Shaub to Oakland.

Does O'Brien get Mallett or does he go searching the NFL for a has been or scrap heap QB and try to have that guy break in a rookie??

Listening to WFAN out of new York, Mike Francessa was talking about the Texans and there QB issue with some of the callers, and he said The Texans had there eye on a QB in the league or a veteran QB. That was from one of his sources who he was talking to. When a caller called and asked about Mallett, he confirmed that was who the Texans were interested in. His sources didn't know any info about the terms of a trade, if there would be one, but just that the were really interested in Mallett

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think this argument about Mallett is going to be settled until he gets let go or starts. If Bill doesn't want a guy with that arm? If we resign him then we believe.....