• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Malcolm Jenkins contract dispute?

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like he is skipping OTAs due to dissatisfaction with his contract, which pays him like the 10th best safety.

To me, that's not so terrible--sign a contract early and you will be underpaid the last few years of the deal compared to others. But he is clearly one of the team leaders and I could see them reworking the deal to raise his salary and add a year or two on the back end.

Malcolm Jenkins skipping start of OTAs

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like he is skipping OTAs due to dissatisfaction with his contract, which pays him like the 10th best safety.

To me, that's not so terrible--sign a contract early and you will be underpaid the last few years of the deal compared to others. But he is clearly one of the team leaders and I could see them reworking the deal to raise his salary and add a year or two on the back end.

Malcolm Jenkins skipping start of OTAs
I'm not so sure if this has anything to do with his current contract or he feels because it's voluntary that he doesn't want to risk injury? In any case, this doesn't bother me because the communication between the brass and the players seem to be on the same page with this current regime. In the past, maybe I would be worried. And also I remember Fletcher Cox was in this similar situation two years ago and it was nothing to be concerned. I think the media is trying to produce something that doesn't exist or has any concerns for the fanbase. Just my opinion of course.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reporters certainly seem to think it is contract related, though not sure if they are speculating or have reasons to believe that.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reporters certainly seem to think it is contract related, though not sure if they are speculating or have reasons to believe that.
maybe or maybe not. I feel a lot more at ease with Howie and company keeping everybody happy and this leads me to believe that they know the situation and they do not like to show their hand to anybody. So, if it is contract issue, my belief Howie is doing a deal or something to make Jenkins happy.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure it is the contract. 10th highest paid? Not good. He shouldn't try to hold them up and get what the younger guys are getting, or else he gets traded. I am confident though, that Howie gets it done to keep him happy. He has 2 or 3 years left (barring injury) at peak performance. He is also a great team leader.